It's official, the UK is the gayest nation in Europe! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belgianstudent98)
    wow I didn't know for my country ,Belgium *o*
    Does/Doesn't meet with expectations? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Yay im so gay!! (happy)

ReputationRep:
    What's to be proud of? The rest of the world is pi$$ing themselves laughing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Does/Doesn't meet with expectations? :holmes:
    No , Not at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    You don't have to thank me
    Haha, taking all the credit now?

it's an honour just to be gay
    How comes?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, taking all the credit now?

How comes?
    How come what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasbara Habibi)
    Amazing news. Proud to be British. :cool:
    Art thou a pro-gay Muslim? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently, like mine, his social concern relates to the fact that: 'there is not enough research on the impact having gay parents has on children'

The establishment is pushing the religion of 'progressive' liberalism & political correctness vs. doing this to those who follow the established church
    You may like to read about this study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    That's kind of cool but I'm quite surprised that Iceland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland are below us
    IKR?

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Haven't there been quite a few studies done already and the results show there was no difference between those raised by homosexual couples and those raised by heterosexual couples?
    Yup but, whilst somewhat encouraging, unfortunately they're methodologically unsound e.g. self-selecting, narrow, woefully unrepresentative. Personally, I'd much rather a child be adopted e.g. by a loving homosexual female couple who are in a stable, settled relationship, than be raised in care, but regarding other familial environments I am a lot less confident

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    The gayest country in Europe? LOL! That's embarrassing
    IKR? :mmm:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't think it that gay, really, and am quite proud that we've largely become so tolerant of homosexuals :yy:

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't literally mean 'gayest', it means least discriminatory towards LGBTs
    Gayest ~ homosexual and/or pro-homosexual and/or happy

ReputationRep:
    number of actual Cadbury's merchants per capita terms)
    Cadbury's merchants? As in, blokes who flog chocolate? :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and I think that is something to be very proud of
    Me too, but once again, are you a pro-homosexual Muslim? :beard:

Apparently Australia are the 'world's gayest country'
    Well, I guess that figures! :mmm:

can't find who wins in Europe, though...
    My money's on Sweden :camp:

ReputationRep:
    How the **** is this something to be proud of?

ReputationRep:

"Rainbow Europe Map reflecting the 49 European countries’ legislation and policies that have a direct impact on the enjoyment of human rights by LGBTI people"

Source: http://www.ilga-europe.org/home/publ...rainbow_europe

What do people think of this, is the UK really as progressive as this might lead one to believe or is it merely indicative of a liberal/urban political/media elite pushing a pro-gay legislative agenda (whilst a significant proportion of the rest of society remain rather more Putin-esque in their values/outlook)?

Have people experiences of any of the other countries featured that differ from the indicator given?

France, Spain, Greece = consistent with what I know of them, and we all know the Irish/Italians are a wee bit 'Vatican' at times, but their ratings still surprised me!
    If the UK'S population is the gayest in Europe- I have not checked any facts behind this, then surely the best idea would to be to get rid of certain areas. Areas such as Brighton or Blackpool where the homosexual demographic is over-represented vastly! In Brighton there are 2554 homosexuals couples living together, this was reported in 2004 and there was a total of 78522 in the UK (about 3.25% of gays live in Brighton). Blackpool is also another gay capital, the thing we need to do is have independance from Brighton and Blackpool and gays will be a lot more sparse

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/brigh...l-7298902.html

ReputationRep:
    Sweden is the worst case in Europe. Germany is also more political correct than UK.

ReputationRep:
    The 2016 Rainbow Europe map is out

https://rainbow-europe.org/#8647/0/0

UK now 3rd with 81%, Malta is officially the most LGBT-friendly country in Europe at 88%. Turkey has declined and Russia is still at 7%, long way to go in some countries, but there's certainly been some progress in many countries like with Ireland voting for same-sex marriage and UK is still one of the most LGBT-friendly countries in Europe which is great :nyan:

ReputationRep:
    Fabulous!

ReputationRep:
    Who'd have thought that a country founded by hardened criminals would become the gayest in the world?
    Perhaps the prison system has a different vibe in North America.. over here, well, that outcome is hardly surprising :teehee:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.