Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the nicest thing a stranger has done for you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Let me go in front of them in the queue in the supermarket

ReputationRep:
    i was on my way to college and it was bucketing down and i didn't have an umbrella and this very kind man stopped me and handed me his umbrella and said "i think you need this more than i do" and before i could say anything he walked away and put up his hood - restored my faith in humanity
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Apologised for bumping into me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    my friend didn't bring an Oyster card to London 😑 You deffo need one. Anyways it was so late at night no tubes open and we needed to go home cos we live outside of London.

The bus driver wouldn't allow my friend to get on the bus so we were utterly screwed. Some miracle happened because this guy behind us used his extra Oyster card to tap in for my friend so grateful for him man otherwise we would be nowhere

ReputationRep:
    I was out alone one day going to bars was in the period of my life when I decided if I didn't have any friends id go out and make them. Anyway these two very big men started on me they had me pinned against a shop window that had very thick glass and were about to punch me full on smashing my head against the glass and likely killing me.

A little girl, (I am guessing around the age 18 or 19 at the time) saw this and positioned herself between me and them and said this is not happening in her town.

She was never going to be able to take them she was more using the your not going to hit a little girl thing. very brave girl though she probably saved my life that night.

ReputationRep:
    I was at an awards ceremony for my school and the head master asked me to sing some songs for the chief guest who was an ex-pupil of our school. He had made it big in the West-end and in acting. Anyway, I sang a song from Blood Brothers (since he performed in it) and I also sang one of his own songs.
    The song made him cry in front of the whole ceremony and afterwards, he said that he would pay to take me to a recording studio and record my version of his song.
    He was a complete stranger and yet he was so kind!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Told me that the cereal I was buying was cheaper in the store next door.

ReputationRep:
    A lady needed a coin to unlock a trolley, so I gave her one and went my merry way. I went to pay for some snacks and realised I'd made a terrible miscalculation (bad, bad Asian!) and hadn't brought enough money. The same woman happened to be walking past, and not only did she give the coin back- she payed for my shopping tooooo *cri im so blessed*. Good karma m8

ReputationRep:
    Kiss me randomly

ReputationRep:
    my old landlady didn't evict me when she found out I had been blocking the smoke detector - such a nice woman

ReputationRep:
    Somebody held an umbrella above my head while we waited to cross the road in the rain. I had such a moody/stroppy look on my face aswell because I was already in a bad mood. That man's smile and umbrella made my day x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This has motivated me to do more good deeds for people!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was 15 and was sitting outside of a chippy with a mate and had all my stuff with me. A couple walked by noticing we were homeless and bought us food and let us keep the change. When I feel like hurting people and burning **** down I remember in the last second that there is good in the world.

I've also got discounts like I'd wanna buy something and don't have all the money, they'd let me off
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I had a punctured tyre on my bicycle and another cycle commuter saw what had happened, stopped and no questions asked, just left me their whole repair kit and spare inner tubes. They gave me their phone number and I returned it to them at their house 2 days later!

It was super generous, there was at least £60 odd worth of stuff in that kit.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.