Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatRichmond)
    Anyone else got an offer, or thinking of going to bath? I got offered AAB for bio
    I got offered AAB for Biochemistry (with placement).

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Ireland so mine's a bit different.

Junior Certificate results: AAAAAAABBB
    Course: Chemistry
    Leaving Certificate: Chemistry, Physics, Maths, English, Music, French, Irish, Applied Maths.
    Predicted: AAAAABBB respectively

Got an offer of AAABBB the last day. Delighted.

Each LC exam is regarded as being about 2/3 of an A-Level exam (except possibly Maths, which may be worth more, I'm not sure, we do cover a lot) so my offer equates to about AAB for A-Levels I guess!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapphire321)
    Hi, I applied for Chemistry for Drug Discovery. Anyone else applied for chemistry here?
    Chemistry for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President Snow)
    Hey guys

I'm a first year mathematics student at the University of Bath. If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them. Please be aware though that I've only been here for a couple of weeks, so I'm no expert when it comes to the uni, but the application & settling in processes are both fresh in my mind.

Overall first impressions have been great though, and I'm already really enjoying my time here. The lecturers and general feel of the uni are both great - it is genuinely somewhere I'd be happy to be at for the next three - five years.

Richard
    Hi, I'm applying to bath for pharmacy, what is the student union like, how do you find the library and sport facilities and how was the accommodation like, Freshers week and did you get enough support with settling in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 16Dan)
    Hi, I'm applying to bath for pharmacy, what is the student union like, how do you find the library and sport facilities and how was the accommodation like, Freshers week and did you get enough support with settling in
    The student union is very good. The on-campus club can be a little cramped at times, but overall the club & bar do an excellent job of putting on loads of events, quizzes, prizes, themes etc.

The library is excellent and is also open 24 hours a day. Personally, I think that this is an absolute must for any university. Sadly, many don't offer this, but Bath does I know that I personally have been up until past one in the morning for the last eight nights in a row doing various things (none of which were parties), so yeah, being able to pop-in at ridiculous hours is really useful. No matter how little you think it might be now

The sports facilities are also very good. Check bathstudent.com for the full list of societies and sports available, and look at where they train. I personally do a lot of rock climbing, and that means trekking all the way to Bristol. But even that is not really an issue, so the couple in town (such as gymnastics) won't be an issue either, and the majority on campus certainly won't be.

Freshers was excellent. It wasn't all about partying. I personally don't drink any alcohol, and I don't particularly enjoy clubbing, but I still had a really great - and completely packed - timetable for freshers. It's a bit of a cliché to say that there's "something for everyone", but there really is - every minute of every day has so many activities on that you will like being at at least one of them.

Making friends was also definitely not an issue, and the settling in process was as easy as. We had several second years assigned to our block, and they spent the whole week with us making sure we were settling in and having a great time. I personally didn't use any other support than that, but there was loads more if needed - staff, resident tutors, phone line services, peer mentors, etc. etc.

Finally, the accommodation is really good. I wouldn't like to make any comment on correlation being in any way related to causation - it's not, so you need to make your own choice on which halls you choose. Do you want to pay extra for an en-suite, or does that not matter to you? Are you desperate for a larger kitchen, or are you willing to share a little bit more? Overall, though Eastwood, Westwood, Wessex and Norwood tend to have wild parties every night, and complete chaos and mess at other times. Quads, Polden, and Woodland tend to be more subdued and neat. Malborough and Salisbury somewhere in the middle.

Oh, and if you're buying a bus pass (academic year, 20 rides, whatever), the First service costs a bit more, but is more frequent. Wessex (UniConnect) is cheaper but less frequent. So take your pick.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i got my offer for biomedical sciences a few days ago 😃😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President Snow)
    The student union is very good. The on-campus club can be a little cramped at times, but overall the club & bar do an excellent job of putting on loads of events, quizzes, prizes, themes etc.

The library is excellent and is also open 24 hours a day. Personally, I think that this is an absolute must for any university. Sadly, many don't offer this, but Bath does I know that I personally have been up until past one in the morning for the last eight nights in a row doing various things (none of which were parties), so yeah, being able to pop-in at ridiculous hours is really useful. No matter how little you think it might be now

The sports facilities are also very good. Check bathstudent.com for the full list of societies and sports available, and look at where they train. I personally do a lot of rock climbing, and that means trekking all the way to Bristol. But even that is not really an issue, so the couple in town (such as gymnastics) won't be an issue either, and the majority on campus certainly won't be.

Freshers was excellent. It wasn't all about partying. I personally don't drink any alcohol, and I don't particularly enjoy clubbing, but I still had a really great - and completely packed - timetable for freshers. It's a bit of a cliché to say that there's "something for everyone", but there really is - every minute of every day has so many activities on that you will like being at at least one of them.

Making friends was also definitely not an issue, and the settling in process was as easy as. We had several second years assigned to our block, and they spent the whole week with us making sure we were settling in and having a great time. I personally didn't use any other support than that, but there was loads more if needed - staff, resident tutors, phone line services, peer mentors, etc. etc.

Finally, the accommodation is really good. I wouldn't like to make any comment on correlation being in any way related to causation - it's not, so you need to make your own choice on which halls you choose. Do you want to pay extra for an en-suite, or does that not matter to you? Are you desperate for a larger kitchen, or are you willing to share a little bit more? Overall, though Eastwood, Westwood, Wessex and Norwood tend to have wild parties every night, and complete chaos and mess at other times. Quads, Polden, and Woodland tend to be more subdued and neat. Malborough and Salisbury somewhere in the middle.

Oh, and if you're buying a bus pass (academic year, 20 rides, whatever), the First service costs a bit more, but is more frequent. Wessex (UniConnect) is cheaper but less frequent. So take your pick.
    Thanks, that is a lot of help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarahealy)
    Chemistry for me
    I applied to chemistry with a year in industry !

ReputationRep:
    anyone applying for business administration?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kavoi08)
    Any Psychology applicants?

Got my confirmation E-mail but I have my fingers crossed that I'll get an offer soon, though Psych is a popular course so that might not be the case

I do the IB Programme, and am predicted 39-40 points
    Got 8a*'s and 3a's at GCSE

Any fellow Ibers?

x
    Not a fellow IBer but I did apply for Bsc Psychology!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millymd)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarahealy)
    Chemistry for me
    Yay, finally some other people applying for Chemistry! I applied for Chemistry for Drug Discovery (MChem) and I sent in my application on 15th October. Have either of you heard anything back from Bath yet? If you have, when did you send your application in? And where else have you both applied to?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an offer for any Politics degree? or specifically Politics and French?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapphire321)
    Yay, finally some other people applying for Chemistry! I applied for Chemistry for Drug Discovery (MChem) and I sent in my application on 15th October. Have either of you heard anything back from Bath yet? If you have, when did you send your application in? And where else have you both applied to?

I applied to mChem chemistry with a year in industry, sent my application off on the 11th of October, got acknowledgement email on the 13th and an offer on the 24th
    i also applied to Manchester (got an offer on the 16th), Durham, Edinburgh and Oxford(not expecting to get in)
    Where else did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    I applied to mChem chemistry with a year in industry, sent my application off on the 11th of October, got acknowledgement email on the 13th and an offer on the 24th
    i also applied to Manchester (got an offer on the 16th), Durham, Edinburgh and Oxford(not expecting to get in)
    Where else did you apply to?
    French and a Chemist!

Ça va ?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    French and a Chemist!

Ça va ?!
    English but I live in France actually
    Tranquille et toi?

ReputationRep:
    How is Balliol at Oxford?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    English but I live in France actually
    Tranquille et toi?
    Mais tu parles le français ?

Je vais bien... Je suppose. Merci

As-tu prépare pour Oxford ? Like for an interview or anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Mais tu parles le français ?

Je vais bien... Je suppose. Merci

As-tu prépare pour Oxford ? Like for an interview or anything
    Oui je parle Français
    Ahah, I don't know if I'll get an interview, only applying there because I have nothing to lose by doing so (Je sais pas si j'aurais un entretien, j'ai seulement demandé Oxford parce que j'avais rien à perdre)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gmahapatra)
    How is Balliol at Oxford?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I went there on the open day, it's nice!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.