Germany win on penalties
    1.16%
    Argentina win on penalties
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZSHNZ)
    It won't accomplish anything if a few people watch ITV instead

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's a different thing, but it will certainly give people a reason to watch ITV where otherwise I wouldn't see anyone having a reason to do so.

ReputationRep:
    This having to win a World Cup to be the greatest of all time thing is a complete nonsense. What if Gareth Bake scores 100 goals in each of the next five seasons and Real Madrid win the triple of three occasions. Would Bale not then be considered he greatest of all time simply because he plays for an international football minnow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's almost time for the second best footballing competition.
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Welcome Squad
    Not a massive football fan, but I do like the world cup. Going to be watching the game. I think Germany will win - we'll just have to wait and see

ReputationRep:
    BBC going through all the required Messi stuff tonight then

I never knew that Messi was a shy, lovely, humble man
    I never knew that Argentinians still thought Maradonna was better
    I never knew that Messi was a good dribbler
    I never knew that some people say Messi needs to win the WC to be considered the best ever
    I never knew that this question was of paramount importance, since Messi not being the GOAT is simply not allowed

**** this **** man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Just me who doesn't care about the whole Messi/Ronaldo debate? I don't see why people get so worked up over it.
    I have a position on the debate (obviously) but that's not incompatible with being otherwise disinterested when a debate occurs. I don't have any problem with those who have a preference for Ronaldo - but I think it's imperative that they realise, like I do, that both Ronaldo and Messi are extraordinary players and any preference either way does not amount to an objective realisation that one is better - it is just that, a preference based on subjective expectations and desires of football.

I get worked up, not because of any obsessive desire to defend Messi, but because of people's facile, often incredibly stupid arguments both ways. The arguments that get me worked up include: Messi doesn't perform in big games, Messi isn't a complete player, Messi just relies on good team-mates around him. I get equally irritated, for the record, when these arguments are made by Messi fans against Ronaldo. They are ridiculous applied to either player and do a disservice to both the player and the person that one is debating with. And if one reads old posts I've made on this topic, any irritation I've shown has always been with those, not with those who prefer Ronaldo, but with those who just talk nonsense to support their position.

ReputationRep:
    Also I'm watching ITV.

Glenn Hoddle is quite a good pundit. He makes a lot of sense and speaks his mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    BBC going through all the required Messi stuff tonight then
    Messi will score the winner tonight, and finally put to death those Maradona comparisons.

Diego has nuffink on my little Leo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Also I'm watching ITV.

Glenn Hoddle is quite a good pundit. He makes a lot of sense and speaks his mind.
    How can you watch both, Bruv?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Messi will score the winner tonight, and finally put to death those Maradona comparisons.

Diego has nuffink on my little Leo.
    I couldnt give a toss tbh mate, only interested in seeing the game for what it is
    Hope Germany crush them tonight though, got money on that as well :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    I couldnt give a toss tbh mate, only interested in seeing the game for what it is
    Hope Germany crush them tonight though, got money on that as well :cool:
    Fair enough, but I just think people should be honoured to live in an age where Messi and Ronaldo and Neymar and Suarez all play...

In fact, 3 of them play for Barca! :eek: Must get a Barca shirt next month!

ReputationRep:
    Khedira out injured, Kramer in. Could go well or not for Germany.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I've seen this much emphasis and pressure on one sports star. Poor Messi.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Poor Khedira. Of all the games to get injured in the warm up...

ReputationRep:
    The second best football competition of the year is almost underway.
    (Original post by qua)
    Khedira out injured, Kramer in. Could go well or not for Germany.
    Isn't Kramer on loan at Gladbach from Leverkusen? They could use him since Cans gone. Who are they replacing Emre with?

ReputationRep:
    I hope they all have super time and it's a draw so they both can be joint winners................. said no one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    You expect them to not talk about the best player in the world when he's playing in the biggest game in the world?
    But Christiano isn't playing....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Come on Özil, do it for Turkey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    The second best football competition of the year is almost underway.

Isn't Kramer on loan at Gladbach from Leverkusen? They could use him since Cans gone. Who are they replacing Emre with?
    Bayer had too many CMs anyway, they've replaced him with attacking players.

ReputationRep:
    I've placed £15,000 on 0-0 at 7/1 before kick-off.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.