Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyAintDead)
    I know, I know, I'm scared of missing my dentistry offer by one grade because of the horror which was CH5.... The UKCAT was disgusting and I bet I'd get an even worse mark next time round, it was a miracle I got an offer in the first place.

Are you med or dent? Either way, I'm sure you'll do well (probably much better than you think!) and get into your firm! Best of luck to you!
    Oh gosh, I hated chemistry F325, it was an awful paper, that seemed worse the longer I thought about it and thanks, I am sure you will do well too, I am dentistry too, hooraay! I think missing an offer is gonna be so terrible, cause I know how lucky I am to have got one :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Room Student)
    AS or A2 results?

What are you hoping for?

What are you expecting?

How will you open them?

How will you celebrate / react?
    A2

AAB (AAA would be ideal)

ABB

I'll rip it open, I'll be too nervous to open it carefully.

I'll probably celebrate with the family with a dinner out or something and then go out with my friends later if it all goes well. I'm going to cry whether it goes bad or good. If it doesn't so good, I don't know how I'd react, I'd probably be devasted and have a mental breakdown then try figure out what to do next.

ReputationRep:
    Waiting for my AS levels on the 14th, I'm so nervous

Hoping for: AAAB

Expecting: BBCD (I'm setting my expectations for the day alone low so that I can soften the blow if they're bad)

Fingers crossed. I'm probably going to rip it open and then have a panic attack for a few hours regardless of the results. For my GCSE's, I was so disappointed in one grade that I completely ignored the fact I got two grades higher than predicted in another subject.

I think I'm going to read them online before I collect them so I can collect myself.

ReputationRep:
    AS or A2 results? AS

What are you hoping for? AAAAA

What are you expecting? AAABC

How will you open them? I'll read them on Schoolbase at 6AM when my school posts them up, then if they're good I'll go into school

How will you celebrate / react? If they're good enough for Cambridge, I will dance. If not, I will curl up into a ball.

ReputationRep:
    AS

What Im hoping for: AAAB

What Im Expecting- Worst case scenario: BBCC
    C in maths because core2 exam was a *****.

How I will open them: Im literally going to look at the results and then either celebrate or walk past everyone and go home back under my duvet.

How I will react: My teachers expect me to get CCDD so first things first Im going to go up to them and rub it in their face. They think Im going to flop because apparently I have too much fun in class! But on a serious note I will be catching the next flight to Africa if I do flop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllainKahlo)

Expecting: BBCD (I'm setting my expectations for the day alone low so that I can soften the blow if they're bad)

Fingers crossed. I'm probably going to rip it open and then have a panic attack for a few hours regardless of the results. For my GCSE's, I was so disappointed in one grade that I completely ignored the fact I got two grades higher than predicted in another subject.

I think I'm going to read them online before I collect them so I can collect myself.
    How come you get to read them online? is this just your school?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllainKahlo)

How can you view them online for AS results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradoxicalme)
    AS or A2 results? AS

What are you hoping for? AAAAA

What are you expecting? AAABC

How will you open them? I'll read them on Schoolbase at 6AM when my school posts them up, then if they're good I'll go into school

How will you celebrate / react? If they're good enough for Cambridge, I will dance. If not, I will curl up into a ball.
    Very similar to me: done 5 AS levels, hoping for AAAAA and apprehensively waiting to see if the UMS marks will make for good reading in Cambridge's admission office. What are you wanting to study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Room Student)
    Very similar to me: done 5 AS levels, hoping for AAAAA and apprehensively waiting to see if the UMS marks will make for good reading in Cambridge's admission office. What are you wanting to study?
    Good luck with it I am hoping to study English Literature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SharpenedPencils)
    Oh gosh, I hated chemistry F325, it was an awful paper, that seemed worse the longer I thought about it and thanks, I am sure you will do well too, I am dentistry too, hooraay! I think missing an offer is gonna be so terrible, cause I know how lucky I am to have got one :/
    Fingers crossed we get there! I've firmed Cardiff and really, really, really want to go there! Where have you firmed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyAintDead)
    Fingers crossed we get there! I've firmed Cardiff and really, really, really want to go there! Where have you firmed?
    Firmed Birmingham, my only offer The pressure is insane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SharpenedPencils)
    Firmed Birmingham, my only offer The pressure is insane.
    Well, it's too late now, all we can do is hope our examiners are feeling nice and try to enjoy our summer, as hard as it is! Good luck with Birmingham, I know a 2nd going on 3rd year dental student who's there and she loves it!

ReputationRep:
    I will probably cry, although mine will get sent home because I will be on holiday and I am doing a gap year so I will be clue less.

Dream: AAB

Expecting ABB or BBB

OCR screwed me over nicely with the sciences.

ReputationRep:
    • A2

Anything above D, Distinction * in IT

History to Flop, I hate Nazi Germany

With the lowest standard possible so it doesn't hit too hard

Ring parents, talk to my best mate then go to pub to either celebrate or drink away my problems. Probably the latter if I'm honest.

ReputationRep:
    just open it as normal,i will never cry

ReputationRep:
    AS or A2 results?
    AS

What are you hoping for?
    AAAB

What are you expecting?
    AABC

How will you open them?
    In school, quietly in a corner by myself and hoping that I don't get that dropping feeling in my stomach :'(

I'd probably cry if I did badly, but I'd wait until I got to my car and then let the waterworks flow :'(. If I didn't do as well as I could have, I would just avoid everyone in school, like, even my friends.

But, hoping that things go well and I manage to some how get AAAB, I'll probably jump up and down and be on Facebook and being a happy bunny and giving hugs and kissing people on the forehead. And I'd give all my teachers hugs and probably cry haha

Good luck everyone!

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidtyoember)
    AS or A2?

A2

What are you hoping for?

A*A*A*A*

What are you Expecting?

A*A*AA

How will you open them?

calmly, a small amount of anticipation, but not much.

How will you celebrate/react?

Either way good or bad, I'll probably just read through it and be done with it. Go home and make some A Level Science Videos.
    Wow, nice: which 4 did you carry on? I'm thinking of dropping 2 next year.

ReputationRep:
    AS or A2 results?
    AS

What are you hoping for?
    AAAA

What are you expecting?
    AAAA

How will you open them?
    Probably with my friends and then celebrate if all is good, sulk and go into a corner if all is not well.

Celebratory music is in need, Toto Africa springs to mind. If my results aren't that great, then music is again needed to set the mood; My immortal - Evanescence.

ReputationRep:
    A2

Hoping for A*A*AA but expecting A*AAA

I will probably open with some friends at the same time and then depending on results I'd either run in excitement, celebrate and wait for others to get their results, or be happy that I've got into uni with AAB anyway. XD
    When I get home I'll have a music party and then at night there's a party and then clubs to go to for the first time.
    On the offchance I get BBBB I would actually cry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeeranB)
    A2

Hoping for: A*A*A

Expecting: A*AA

I will open them:
    I told my mates I'd chug 10 red bulls before opening my results, just for the bants, and I'll be opening them in college, or in front of a camera so I can record my reaction, because if I get either my expected or hoped for results, it'd be absolutely insane, so I'm not afraid of doing so bad that I'm upset or don't want people to see.

I will react
    : I'll probably be bouncing off the flippin' walls because of all that redbull, and just generally being really hyped and happy, also, if I get A*A*A, I'll probably try calling up Imperial to see if they have an adjustment place in Computer Science, but if they don't, I'll just hang up and continue being pumped over this results shiet, because going to durham for comp sci is still HUUUUUGEEEE.
    They won't have an Adjustment place in CompSci as it's really popular but well done on Durham.

Hoping for: A*A*AA
    Expecting: A*A*AB/A*AAB/A*A*BB/A*ABB (praying that it's not any of the last two and hopefully not the second - last two would mean that I'd go to Clearing and the second would mean that I'd go to my insurance, UCL...) A*A*AB would at least give me a minute chance of begging Imperial and being accepted by missing my offer...;;

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.