Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How will you open your GCSE Results? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping for
    Arabic - B , Chemistry - B , Business Studies - A* , Biology - A , ICT - A , English - B , Maths - A, Physics - A
    I'm not actually sure what to expect haha but I have a feeling I won't be satisfied
    I'll see them online first really. I'll be in France at the time so will probably ruin my vacation or make it better idk.
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to meet my sixth form offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dollyann123)
    GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?
    - 1A* 6As 3Bs

What are you expecting?
    - 4As 5Bs 3Cs

Will you be satisfied with your expectation?
    - No, because in certain subjects, I would like to get an A grade e.g. Maths, French and Eng. Lit.

How will you open them?
    - Don't know yet

How will you celebrate / react?
    - Probably cry happy or sad tears maybe both. I already know the FEELS will overcome me. And Nando's with friends.

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer?
    - Most likely but it depends what 6th form I decide to go to. But I already have 3 A* - C grades.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadinredrum)
    I'm hoping for
    Arabic - B , Chemistry - B , Business Studies - A* , Biology - A , ICT - A , English - B , Maths - A, Physics - A
    I'm not actually sure what to expect haha but I have a feeling I won't be satisfied
    I'll see them online first really. I'll be in France at the time so will probably ruin my vacation or make it better idk.
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to meet my sixth form offer.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for?
    10 A*s and a single A.
    What are you expecting?
    Nothing, but As and A stars. High expectations lead to disappointment, when not met. But I have put some work in to make sure that won't happen.
    I'll be satisfied if I get what I hope for, or at least close to it. I need those results.
    How will you open them?
    I'll see how others around me do it, then figure out the best way from there.
    It all depends on what I get. If I get what I hoped for (ideal case scenario) then ecstasy is a nice way to sum up my reaction. Otherwise, it will all depend on what subjects I may have slipped on. If I didn't get an A star on Music, for example, I certainly won't cry about it.
    Most likely. The most they want is an A on Maths GCSE, and from my research I have almost certainly gained that.

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for?
    4-5 A*/A, the rest = B/C.
    What are you expecting?
    I'm hoping that History, English Lit and Core Science make up the A-team, French is hopefully B/A. Further/Additional science might be C/D, and maths is hopefully B.
    Yup.
    How will you open them?
    Move out the way obviously, and just open it
    No idea.
    I'm certain of it.

ReputationRep:
    Enjoyed reading this feed as an A Level Student. I thought I was destined to fail as many did at GCSE's, but achieved 6A* and 4A so anything is possible just relax! Everyone does better than they hoped for GCSE, I swear on my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DebkoX)
    What are you hoping for?
    4-5 A*/A, the rest = B/C.
    What are you expecting?
    I'm hoping that History, English Lit and Core Science make up the A-team, French is hopefully B/A. Further/Additional science might be C/D, and maths is hopefully B.
    Yup.
    How will you open them?
    Move out the way obviously, and just open it
    No idea.
    I'm certain of it.
    Well, I wish you all the best.

ReputationRep:
    I won't be here on Results Day....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethaaaaany)
    GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?

I was predicted 9.5A*s and 1 A but I'd be over the moon with 8A*s and 2.5As

What are you expecting?

6A*s, 3.5As and 1 B

Not really I want to do medicine but I'd be pushing it with only 6A*s.

How will you open them?

In school, feeling completely sick with nerves...I'd rather do it at home by myself in case I'm really disappointed but we have to enrol at our sixth form at the same time so I can't hehe.

I'll just be incredibly relieved going to an Imagine Dragons concert the day after and my birthday is the day before so I'll be in a good mood either way

Definitely. You need 14 points to get back in my sixth form, I have 1A* already which is four points so I'm pretty confident
    dont be silly 6a* is enough! dont listen to the teachers who say u need all a*'s to get into medicine. Focus hard next year to achieve the 4a's at AS and then take it from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moali125)
    What are you hoping for?
    10 A*s and a single A.
    What are you expecting?
    Nothing, but As and A stars. High expectations lead to disappointment, when not met. But I have put some work in to make sure that won't happen.
    I'll be satisfied if I get what I hope for, or at least close to it. I need those results.
    How will you open them?
    I'll see how others around me do it, then figure out the best way from there.
    It all depends on what I get. If I get what I hoped for (ideal case scenario) then ecstasy is a nice way to sum up my reaction. Otherwise, it will all depend on what subjects I may have slipped on. If I didn't get an A star on Music, for example, I certainly won't cry about it.
    Most likely. The most they want is an A on Maths GCSE, and from my research I have almost certainly gained that.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for?

- 5A*s, 5As & 1B

What are you expecting?

-3A*s, 5As & 3Bs

Will you be satisfied with your expectations?

- Hell yeah

How will you open them?

- Rip them open, scan the page & then remember I can't actually see properly and put my glasses on, before reading the page again

- Nandos, because chicken makes everything better :')

Will you meet your sixth form/college offer?

- I need a GPA of 6.4 & my expected grades equal a GPA of 7 so hopefully

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for? RE A*, Eng Lang A, Eng Lit A, Core A, Double A*, Maths A*, German B, ICT A*, PE A, History A*
    5A*s, 4As, 1B

What are you expecting?

3A*s, 3As, 4Bs
    sigh, i don't know

YES although i'd like more As and less Bs but gosh i don't even know i'm just hoping i don't look back on this thread and do even worse oh my goddddddddd

How will you open them?

i'm going home hahahaha i'm getting my results, my school yearbook and walking home to open them with my family as i live next door to school and i want to get my own reaction on my results - i don't want to base how i feel about them on how other people have done, i want to base it off my own expectations of myself and i don't want there to be someone there coming up to me like OH MY GOD HOW DID U DO AWWWWWW WELL DONE I DID THIS *recites their better results*

haven't even thought about it tbh probs beg my parents to take me for a curry either way

yes hahahaha i need B's to stay at my school and do my subjects which is the best in the county so

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for?
    6A*s and 6As.
    What are you expecting?
    My school are expecting me to get 10Bs and 1C (one of the A*s from the 'hoping for' section is guaranteed - Core Science). I'd just my hopeful grades, of course, but I don't really want any B grades. If I do get some, I wouldn't mind it it was in English Literature and Media Studies, albeit I found those exams/coursework fun.
    Not my school's expectation, I MUST PROVE THEM WRONG!
    How will you open them?
    Using my fingers.
    I will open them alone in a corner and see how I did, and then go over to my friends and congratulate them etc, then thank teachers, apply to Sixth Form if I get the grades, and finally, call my parents.

How will you celebrate
    I plan to just spend the time with my friends afterwards, and then, or another day, go out for the evening with my famil to celebrate GCSE results, my sister's 2nd year of Uni and me completing my Gold DofE... well, besides the Residential.
    I hope so as I already have my B from English Language last year, but I hope to exceed that this year, and after talking to my friends who all excel at Maths (one has already finished AS Maths as he got an A* in GCSE Maths in Y10, the others just get A*s all the time), I found out that I can probably get about 130ish/200, so I should be able to get an A, and I only need a C... although a C is great anyway! And I also have my A* in Core Science, my Distinction in BTEC ICT and my Distinction* in BTEC PE, so as long as I can get about 2 more As/Bs, I will get in!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrandMasti)
    I won't be here on Results Day....
    Why not???

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else do Human Health and Physiology????

ReputationRep:
    GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?
    6A*, 5A

What are you expecting?
    4A*, 5A, 2B

Yes, but I wouldn't mind more

How will you open them?
    In the toilets at school, if they're good go and shove it in my statistics teacher's face, if its bad go home.

How will you celebrate / react?II
    I'll just be happy I guess, I'm not a screamer.

I hope so! I only need Bs in the subjects I want to do but I really hope I'll do better than that!

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for?
    English Language-C
    Maths-B
    Core Science-C
    Geography-C
    BTEC Music Technology- Pass
    OCR Nationals Business Studies- Merit
    OCR Nationals ICT- Distinction

What are you expecting?
    English Language-D
    Maths- C
    Core Science-D
    Geography-E
    BTEC Music Technology- Pass
    OCR Nationals Business Studies- Merit
    OCR Nationals ICT- Distinction

No because I want a C in Science and English, a C or D in Geography and a B in Maths.

How will you open them?
    Go to school in the morning alone, hope that they are better than what I'm expecting and open them.

I will be so happy if I get the grades that my teachers predicted for me, If my Geography teacher is there and somehow I get my target grade a B, I will thank her for believing in me and believing that I could get a B.

Hopefully

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for?
    6.5A*s 2As 1B and 1Distinction*
    What are you expecting?
    4.5A*s 3As 2Bs and 1Distinction*
    Not really, I want 5A*s but other than that I guess so
    How will you open them?
    Open it and focus on each grade 1 at a time so it's not overwhelming.
    I kept a pretty straight face when I got 2 A*s last year (I am happy on the inside) so probably like that.
    Yes you only need 5 A*-C

I would just like to say that Medicine has always been in the back of my mind but I clearly won't be successful in that career when there are others on here who plan on getting much better grades than me and still feel unsuitable for medicine.

Also, how is everyone doing so many GCSEs? I am doing the maximum that my school allow and that is 10.5 and lets be honest, the 0.5 doesn't count, one of them is only a 'certificate' (further maths) and one is graded like BTEC but isn't one (ICT) so technically I will only have 8 actual GCSEs and there are people here doing 13+

Feeling very inferior right now haha

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for?
    6A*s 5.5Bs 1Merit 1C

What are you expecting?
    4A*s 1A 3.5Bs 1Merit 2Cs 2D

Kind of, want to get rid of the Ds though.

How will you open them?
    I am getting my mum to open them, she's going to be waiting in the park opposite school.

How will you celebrate/ react?
    Get cake if they are good!!!

Will you meet your Sixth Form/ College offer?
    Hopefully, you need 5A*-Cs

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for?
    12/13 A*s
    What are you expecting?
    10A* 3A
    Don't know
    How will you open them?
    My hands will probably be shaking hugely so it might take a while :')
    PARTYYYYY
    It's unconditional
    :cool:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.