Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    I have taken the Wednesday off too - so will be there! If I don't get the offer it will be a lonely day in watching Bargain Hunt... 🙈

ReputationRep:
    Phew! Written confirmation has just been sent to those who met the 58 cut-off. Check your spam filters!

Better luck next year to those who didn't get the grade. I always breeze the essay section (it's science that lets me down), so if anybody wants some informal advice just yell.

(Original post by MiloMilo)
    I have taken the Wednesday off too - so will be there! If I don't get the offer it will be a lonely day in watching Bargain Hunt...
    Well, what is it? Bargain Hunt or rain and sheep?

ReputationRep:
    In the email where it gives the link to confirm the applicants' visit day, it says that we also need to confirm our interview date but doesn't obviously give a link. Am I missing something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Phew! Written confirmation has just been sent to those who met the 58 cut-off. Check your spam filters!

Better luck next year to those who didn't get the grade. I always breeze the essay section (it's science that lets me down), so if anybody wants some informal advice just yell.

(Original post by MiloMilo)
    I have taken the Wednesday off too - so will be there! If I don't get the offer it will be a lonely day in watching Bargain Hunt... 🙈

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedicineBall)

ooh and invite to the visit day, is everyone going? Excited!

ReputationRep:
    I've received the email to book the visit day but no email for interview. More importantly however the online form has the visit day as 3rd Dec 2015, I'd love to go but I think I'll be a little preoccupied with the course at that point One can hope!
    Pretty certain it's a typo, just not sure whether to book before they correct it or not.

Seems like a good timetable though, I'll probably go for the whole thing. Anyone else driving down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    I've received the email to book the visit day but no email for interview. More importantly however the online form has the visit day as 3rd Dec 2015, I'd love to go but I think I'll be a little preoccupied with the course at that point One can hope!
    Pretty certain it's a typo, just not sure whether to book before they correct it or not.

Seems like a good timetable though, I'll probably go for the whole thing. Anyone else driving down?
    Well clearly you're more awake than me this morning! So excited, I loved Swansea at the June open day! I'm driving, though not very far; I live in Wales already.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)

Me, four hour drive...looking forward to waking up at 4am I actually looked round the uni way way back when applying as a school leaver so may just attend the afternoon sessions actually, though it will be good to meet other applicants.

I don't think they've sent interview invites yet, this is just a confirmation that you've met the cut off so can expect an invite soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buttoned.up)
    Well clearly you're more awake than me this morning! So excited, I loved Swansea at the June open day! I'm driving, though not very far; I live in Wales already.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks not too bad, I'm driving down from the South East. Should only be around 3 hours I think.

(Original post by ceciafb)
    Me, four hour drive...looking forward to waking up at 4am I actually looked round the uni way way back when applying as a school leaver so may just attend the afternoon sessions actually, though it will be good to meet other applicants.

I don't think they've sent interview invites yet, this is just a confirmation that you've met the cut off so can expect an invite soon
    I went to the open day earlier in the year but Swansea has slowly moved itself up my list and is now a comfortable number 2 so I'd really like another look at it. Particularly how drab it gets on a winter morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)

In my invite to the open day it also says I have an interview for the course as well...though admittedly no obvious link to choose an interview date. Anyone else suddenly really looking forward to next Wednesday?

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably get a train down Tuesday and spend the night in a hotel or something

Okay so, I've had the email about the open day, but nothing about an actual interview or booking an interview date, similar to everyone else I'm guessing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Visit day invite too, and relieved it said about being selected for interview Hoping to go but need to see my shifts for next week first, then attempt to plan the trek down!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TranquilRawr)
    In my invite to the open day it also says I have an interview for the course as well...though admittedly no obvious link to choose an interview date. Anyone else suddenly really looking forward to next Wednesday?
    Yeah, I'm assuming it's only sent to interviewees but it does also mention an online portal to accept an interview slot which I have yet to receive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Yeah, I'm assuming it's only sent to interviewees but it does also mention an online portal to accept an interview slot which I have yet to receive.
    this: 'I’ve just been made aware that there’s a delay in the system that is issuing your invitations to interview. Please rest assured that your invitation is on its way in the coming days!'

just give me a date swansea damnitttt!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Ditto! We're all in the same boat. They were just saying it to account for that one person who will think they've booked an interview just by registering for the day .

I'm also thinking of driving there...

ReputationRep:
    this: 'I’ve just been made aware that there’s a delay in the system that is issuing your invitations to interview. Please rest assured that your invitation is on its way in the coming days!'

Ah, okay, our posts crossed. Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, okay, our posts crossed. Thanks!!
    Ha I'm bored to death at work so pretty trigger/keyboard-happy today

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone driving from the North- Leeds/Sheffield way?

ReputationRep:

Ditto! We're all in the same boat. They were just saying it to account for that one person who will think they've booked an interview just by registering for the day .

I'm also thinking of driving there...
    It's alright, I thought as much. Just saw it was a different team to admissions so I wasn't sure if they knew the status of applicants/interviewees. But it's been confirmed it's more or less a confirmation of interview. Well done to all who received it!

Rachel also suggested we just crack on with confirming the visit day places and the IT chaps will sort out the dates later.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.