Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichelBraga)
    Ref's mother is probably dutch. Most biased ref since Croatia x Brazil.
    He didn't send off thiago silva...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Referee is having an absolute stinker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LightBlueSoldier)
    He didn't send off thiago silva...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For what, the non penalty faul? The faul was outside the area and he was not the last man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    This game is dead now.

So who do people see surviving for this Brazil side in the future? Thing is, they don't really have many alternatives, it would seem.
    I don't think it'll be as drastic as people are saying. Jo and Fred will surely never play again, same for Maicon but due to age mostly. Rafael will replace him. David Luiz and Marcelo were two of the worst but they'll stay in the squad at least, Dante might become first choice though. Hulk will stay due to lack of better options. Coutinho will come in, maybe for Bernard, and Ramires should go really.

ReputationRep:
    For what, the non penalty faul? The faul was outside the area and he was not the last man.
    He was the last man by like 10 yards...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hulk is so ****.

ReputationRep:
    It's odd.

As Brazil's economy has improved greatly the past 10 years, their football has gotten much worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    This game is dead now.

So who do people see surviving for this Brazil side in the future? Thing is, they don't really have many alternatives, it would seem.
    Yeah they do.

Their backline can be changed. Filipe, Miranda, Silva and Alves is a good backline.

In midfield they have countless talent, just a terrible set up which means that their CBs get no protection whatsoever.

Up top is a conundrum, but they'll surely have a striker to use in the future.

Cesar
    Alves, Miranda, Silva, Filipe
    Fernandinho, Gustavo
    Moura, Willian, Oscar
    Neymar

That doesn't look too bad a side imo and it could probably win the world cup if I'm being honest. You just play a bit more defensive football and look to play on the counter attack(which the Atlético players are used to and Silva has shown he can do at times for PSG.

It's not a bad side, just setup terribly. There are very good players who start or get games for very good teams. Cesar winning a treble, same for Alves and Gustavo while the rest of the team got to the minimum a quarter final in the CL, played in top 5 leagues.

I even forgot about the likes of Coutinho, possibly Rafael for RB since Alves will be shot by the next world cup.

ReputationRep:
    Hulk smh

ReputationRep:
    Not taking luis and Miranda was a big mistake from scolari.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why are Brazil put on such a pedestal by pundits?

As if Brazilian supporters inherently deserve success and we should pity them when they dont receive it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LightBlueSoldier)
    Not taking luis and Miranda was a big mistake from scolari.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Also Lucas Moura, Scolari's a joke tbh.

ReputationRep:
    "Natural coming together".

Lol.

ReputationRep:
    He clearly was the last man and it wasn't a penalty.

Then we had the foul on Oscar, for which he was booked. Given that Blind had to go off on a stretcher, this must be one of the worst decisions of the World Cup.

Oh, and the ref seems determined to get in the way at every opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    Can you guys tell me why David Luiz is always 10 yards in front of his backline?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Why are Brazil put on such a pedestal by pundits?

As if Brazilian supporters inherently deserve success and we should pity them when they dont receive it...
    Your boy Robin has been shocking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    It's odd.

As Brazil's economy has improved greatly the past 10 years, their football has gotten much worse.
    You may have a point...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Your boy Robin has been shocking
    He truly has had a terrible world cup. Movement is gone now, relies on little moments of skill but it was always the off the ball tuff that made him World Class...

Hoping he carries this on this season :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    I don't think it'll be as drastic as people are saying. Jo and Fred will surely never play again, same for Maicon but due to age mostly. Rafael will replace him. David Luiz and Marcelo were two of the worst but they'll stay in the squad at least, Dante might become first choice though. Hulk will stay due to lack of better options. Coutinho will come in, maybe for Bernard, and Ramires should go really.
    Yes, I thought so too. Can't see Hulk getting too much time now though, and I also expect Coutinho to get a lot more game time. I think that any sense that Luiz is a top-quality defender will be finished now, though Dante's not really impressed me either. Jam's backline looks good, though.

(Original post by jam278)
    Yeah they do.

Their backline can be changed. Filipe, Miranda, Silva and Alves is a good backline.

In midfield they have countless talent, just a terrible set up which means that their CBs get no protection whatsoever.

Up top is a conundrum, but they'll surely have a striker to use in the future.

Cesar
    Alves, Miranda, Silva, Filipe
    Fernandinho, Gustavo
    Moura, Willian, Oscar
    Neymar

That doesn't look too bad a side imo and it could probably win the world cup if I'm being honest. You just play a bit more defensive football and look to play on the counter attack(which the Atlético players are used to and Silva has shown he can do at times for PSG.

It's not a bad side, just setup terribly. There are very good players who start or get games for very good teams. Cesar winning a treble, same for Alves and Gustavo while the rest of the team got to the minimum a quarter final in the CL, played in top 5 leagues.

I even forgot about the likes of Coutinho, possibly Rafael for RB since Alves will be shot by the next world cup.
    I forgot about Rafael - hasn't he been pretty good for United recently? At least relative to other players under Moyes? And the backline does look good, with more potential to become a unit than this one. Rafinha and Marquinhos might get call-ups too.

I agree that the talent pool is okay, but they really do lack any striking depth to replace Neymar. Robinho and Pato haven't fulfilled their potential.

ReputationRep:
    Where's missfats gone?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.