Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Incredible women standing up against feminism Watch

ReputationRep:
    I hate this sort of campaigning

Finding some women against feminism does not make feminism bad
    Finding some Jews against Israel does not make Israel bad
    Finding some Black people who think using the N-word is OK, doesn't mean it's OK for you to use the N-word (whiteboi)

etc

Feminism is in essence, the belief that women should have equal rights to men, that makes almost everyone a feminist. Sure I am slightly disgusted by the stereotype of androgynous male feminists in skinny jeans, who eat tofu sandwiches etc, but these women don't seem to have the first clue what feminism even is, in fact, it looks to me as if they think being anti-feminism is the new cool and are using that to get male attention (which is hilarious).

ReputationRep:
    There are a few reasons why I think these girls are idiots. I'm not going to go into my reasons as everyone is cemented in their own ideas and are not likely to be swayed by a stranger's opinion on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    Shame feminism has given them the chance to learn how to write those signs and use those computers. I hope none of them vote or have jobs or speak unless spoken to. I hope the only do what their father and then their husband tells them to do. I hope they own no land or houses. Because otherwise they'd be ****ing hypocrites.

I'm a feminist because I believe in equality for ALL genders every where in the world and the replies on this thread just show me how much we still need feminism.
    wait what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    Right, because rape and sexual assault aren't massive problems? Because women in third world countries aren't oppressed? Because women who want a career and children aren't told they're selfish and having-it-all whilst this is seen as fine for men? Because it's not assumed that a woman will give up her job for her children? Because dolls aren't considered 'girl's toys' and construction and science 'boy's toys'? Because women in science are taken seriously? Because gender roles aren't enforced? Because when a couple divorces the man has an equal chance in getting custody of the children? Because there aren't people who want to take away my right to an abortion should I get pregnant?
    Rape and sexual assault are problems, but so is murder, theft, fraud, etc. In addition, sexual assault may be a problem for women, but it is also a problem for men. Therefore, when tackling the issues, women AND men need to have the same treatment. At the moment, women get off with much lighter sentences than men do, when going to prison. Also, in rape and sexual assault trials there should be anonymity for the accused, these trials ruin men's lives.

Women in some third world countries are oppressed, but how about you tackle that issue without using statistics from these countries to try and show everyone how women everywhere are oppressed. If you want to tackle the issue, campaigning for change in a first-world country will not change the ideology in third-world countries.

Women are not told they are selfish for wanting a career, you are talking complete hogwash in that regard.

Dolls are considered girl's toys because girls, on the most part, enjoy playing with dolls, whereas, on the most part, guys do not enjoy playing with toys. You cannot blame other people for the enjoyment of kids, unless you change what toys you give them. In addition, I cannot comprehend how that is a bad thing, anyway.

Construction and science are seen as 'boy's toys" because men, for most the most part, are physically stronger than women. Therefore, construction is a field of work which makes much more sense for men to enrol themselves in. It is the same for all manual-labour type jobs, men are usually stronger and can therefore do more work in the same time which women can, this means men should be paid more. The fact that women are paid the same as men in fields such as firefighting, construction and police, is completely degrading to men.

Men do not have an equal chance of getting the child during divorce settlements, which is a problem. Another problem is that there are women who use divorce as a way to take a man's money. If you are not married to me, you are not having my money.

Only a small minority of people want to take away abortions, are you going to complain about a small minority of people who are against condoms? I thought not.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously someone is messing around with the rep system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ldsbabe)
    I'm glad that decades of women before us weren't as stupid as to think that Feminism is a bad thing.
    Well feminism used to be a good thing...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imtelling)

Stop making women feel guilty for wanting to be more attractive to the opposite sex...
    But I'm not the one trying to make women feel guilty about anything.

I've already said that it is up to each individual to do what they want with their armpit hair. You, however, are doing your best to suggest that women who might choose not to shave their armpit hair will be deemed unattractive (by you, speaking, it appears, on behalf of all men). You are standing in judgement here, not me. Check yourself.

Some women, for example, are repulsed by men who have hairy chests, some find hairy chests very sexy, and there's no reason to assume that all men, or let's say all heterosexual men on the assumption that's what you're talking about, have a problem with armpit hair on women. Personally I don't care either way.

Attached Images

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.