Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Unaware of what ACCA is all about? Want to study ACCA?..HELP thread!!! Watch

• Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taiyaba)
    Can I work online to complete 36month practical work experience?
    What do you mean by working online?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    Hi Tbx,
    I'm glad that you are interested with ACCA.
    Do you mind if I search and find you training contracts with ACCA?
    Please note that in order for your practical experience to count you can work for any firm, as long as the work you are doing within the firm is of an accounting or financial nature.
    (Original post by Sena5)
    x
    Sorry I meant, have you managed to find any training contracts for the ACCA in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    What do you mean by working online?

I meant is there any way I can work with any firm online (teleworking)?
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tbx)
    Sorry I meant, have you managed to find any training contracts for the ACCA in the UK?
    https://www.google.co.uk/#q=training...ACCA+in+the+UK
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taiyaba)
    I meant is there any way I can work with any firm online (teleworking)?
    I advise you to chat with ACCA Chat Direct Online first and then we can discuss further.

I guess you will get more expertise advise from the ACCA support itself by clicking this link above.

ReputationRep:
    In theory online work is fine as long a 'recognised' supervisor can verify it & you have met the necessary performance objectives

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MahmoodReza)
    In theory online work is fine as long a 'recognised' supervisor can verify it & you have met the necessary performance objectives

Posted from TSR Mobile
    May we know who you mention in your post?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sena5,
    I'm referring to a workplace mentor (supervisor) - typically a qualified accountant

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sena5,
    I'm referring to a workplace mentor (supervisor) - typically a qualified accountant

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I see.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ztalha)
    Hi!
    I am currently in my final year of A levels and would be done with it by early June this year. I plan to do Acca later on from UK(currently I am in Pakistan). I'm searching Acca approved learning partners in UK and have gone through many platinum and gold approved Acca learning partners. Could you please guide me which ones should be preferred as I'm overseas and have not been to one of them personally. Any guidance would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Buddy,

I suggest you can choose those listed from ACCA website itself. Srill, speak to your friends and people who study in different institutions and get to know what they say. And also see if it is affordable for you to pay fees. Whatever it is, choose an institution listed in the ACCA website. Gold approved institute is more encouraged. Search for institutes here - Click here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    Buddy,

I suggest you can choose those listed from ACCA website itself. Srill, speak to your friends and people who study in different institutions and get to know what they say. And also see if it is affordable for you to pay fees. Whatever it is, choose an institution listed in the ACCA website. Gold approved institute is more encouraged. Search for institutes here - Click here
    Dude thanks,
    But the reason I'm asking people on this forum are that none of my friends are going for this route. Most of them are applying for undergraduate degrees. I personally enjoy accounts as I studied it for 3 years and got an A in it(GCSE). This is one of the main reasons that I want to choose this professional qualification. I meet the grade requirements for ACCA as I scored 6 A's and 2 B's in my O levels and have 1 A 1B in A levels with one more subject to go this year. Yes I can afford, price is not an issue until good quality education, career counselling and internship is guaranteed. I have searched BPP, Kaplan Financial, Lsbf, University of south wales, Manchester Metropolitan University and a number of other gold and platinum approved learning partners in UK. But I wanted your opinion as I have read many of your threads regarding Acca and you are more experienced than me. Please guide me
    Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    Would getting an ACCA foundation diploma while working at a big bank give you more of an advantage in the long term compared to a uni degree? My current dilemma

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask what you mean in terms of 'advantage in the long term' ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In terms of getting the best jobs, salary, opportunities and what not

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Having a job already and the diploma puts you at agh initial advantage. Consider carrying on as you are, gain more experience, continue studying - you can do degrees, quals, post grads etc while working
    One important thing to remember is that doing a full time degree is a unique experience, for most people it's the one time they don't have to worry about the world of work & its demands, you get an opportunity to do many non academic activities & experiences ( which you won't get to do when working full time) & you'll. have time for yourself. A degree is not just a route to a job, it's not an apprenticeship. On average you'll have about 35-40 years working, it's a tough call

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Having a job already and the diploma puts you at agh initial advantage. Consider carrying on as you are, gain more experience, continue studying - you can do degrees, quals, post grads etc while working
    One important thing to remember is that doing a full time degree is a unique experience, for most people it's the one time they don't have to worry about the world of work & its demands, you get an opportunity to do many non academic activities & experiences ( which you won't get to do when working full time) & you'll. have time for yourself. A degree is not just a route to a job, it's not an apprenticeship. On average you'll have about 35-40 years working, it's a tough call

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not sure what one you just suggested

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ztalha)
    Dude thanks,
    But the reason I'm asking people on this forum are that none of my friends are going for this route. Most of them are applying for undergraduate degrees. I personally enjoy accounts as I studied it for 3 years and got an A in it(GCSE). This is one of the main reasons that I want to choose this professional qualification. I meet the grade requirements for ACCA as I scored 6 A's and 2 B's in my O levels and have 1 A 1B in A levels with one more subject to go this year. Yes I can afford, price is not an issue until good quality education, career counselling and internship is guaranteed. I have searched BPP, Kaplan Financial, Lsbf, University of south wales, Manchester Metropolitan University and a number of other gold and platinum approved learning partners in UK. But I wanted your opinion as I have read many of your threads regarding Acca and you are more experienced than me. Please guide me
    Thanks again
    Aww that's so nice if you
    Actually, I'm a student who is studying ACCA.
    Are you searching for universities based in UK?
    I haven't had uni experience in UK but, I guess there are many opinions of students in this site like in Wheres the best place in london to study ACCA?"

I advise you that BPP study texts are not at all that good. I know that at BPP University whilst studying ACCA you could also work. Even Anglia Ruskin University allows students to work whilst studying ACCA. Kaplan study text are good. If you are not satisfied with any of these you can study in the other institutes/universities listed under the ACCA approved institutes/universities. But, you have to check with the university whether you can work part time whilst studying.
    Whatever it is, I say students who go to UK to study qualifications do work also part time even if they are not allowed cos it's part time and no one is gonna know. But, it's all for you to decide your future.

Why don't you go to open days to the institutes/universities and see which you prefer the most as by those listed in the ACCA Approved Institutes and universities?

Let me know how everything goes :jumphug: xx
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SerLorasTyrell)
    Would getting an ACCA foundation diploma while working at a big bank give you more of an advantage in the long term compared to a uni degree? My current dilemma

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yea, why not?
    Whilst you also complete the 2nd stage of ACCA you gain a degree from the most prestigious university, Oxford Brookes University. Oxford University doesn't have courses for finance or accounting related. Therefore, Oxford Brookes is opened and learning ACCA and when become part qualified you will get the degree named, BSc.Applied Accounting.

Because ACCA is finance and accounting related, it would surely help you in the bank as you can apply the study knowledge and perform better and ask for a job salary increment. More you study you get more paid.

If you wish to and can afford to study ACCA at the current time in your real life then do not stop committing yourself into education. Education can make you reach great heights and improve your niche. Definitely!

Go for it!
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You will have to suffer only a short period in order to obtain this qualification but, it benefits you a lifetime in the future.
    You can get promotions, salary increments and even many more
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My advise would be that studying towards degrees is not wrong. If students find these qualifications difficult they can do degrees.

The difference between studying a degree and a qualification such as ACCA, CIMA or etc.. is that degree is an academic qualification and the qualifications like ACCA,CIMA and so on are professional qualifications. Why employers prefer more of professional qualifications is that they are professional qualifications and more practical and relate to professional business environment whereas degrees are all theory based.

Than spending huge money into degrees I suggest students to choose ACCA in the current world for a better future and they can study during weekends(same duration of course even if taken full-time) and can work as well. And to be frank, students can gain a degree from Oxford Brookes University even if they won't be able to study at Oxford Brookes itself.

And many students would think they are going to miss university life experience if they choose professional qualifications. It is absolutely wrong! :yep: You can study professional qualifications at university itself.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.