Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    Not true. Arm pits is one thing but you can't honestly expect a guy to go down if you haven't shaved down there. Its inhumane
    Couldn't agree more. It should be listed in the Geneva convention or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StevieA)
    Couldn't agree more. It should be listed in the Geneva convention or something.
    It should. Its not right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EatAndRevise)
    Probably about 95% of guys find armpit hair unattractive, it is the women themselves who are making the conscious decision to shave it off. The reason they do so is to make themselves seem more attractive, don't blame others for something so trivial.
    It's more than just attraction though, isn't it? There are plenty of things women can do that would make them less attractive to the majority, but body hair in particular comes with the additional stigma of being considered vulgar, unclean and disgusting. There's nothing wrong with finding it unattractive but the shaming runs a lot deeper than that.

ReputationRep:
    Showing up smelling at work or walking around naked around the halls is also natural, yet I doubt most would put up with it. This is why we are a society, we live buy laws, rules and conventions. As for hairy women, have you considered that it might be unattractive because of evolution (and enhanced by society) , since a hairy woman of male levels is likely to have hormonal issues and therefore have reproduction/health problems ?
    while I agree with what you are saying I doubt there is an evolutionary reason it is considered unattractive, since finding it unattractive is a relatively recent thing. It is just a social construct, albeit a construct I fully support because eww

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucaf)
    while I agree with what you are saying I doubt there is an evolutionary reason it is considered unattractive, since finding it unattractive is a relatively recent thing. It is just a social construct, albeit a construct I fully support because eww
    Well I did say it's exaggerated by societal influences, in the sense that we don't tolerate it at all nowadays while 40k years ago a caveman would've been just fine with a somewhat hairy woman but a Bigfoot looking one would've been a definite ''do not want''.

ReputationRep:
    Well I did say it's exaggerated by societal influences, in the sense that we don't tolerate it at all nowadays while 40k years ago a caveman would've been just fine with a somewhat hairy woman but a Bigfoot looking one would've been a definite ''do not want''.
    Yeah that makes sense. I don't quite understand what people expect when they say women shouldn't be judged for not shaving; we can't actually control what we find attractive, it is their choice if they base their actions around that or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucaf)
    Yeah that makes sense. I don't quite understand what people expect when they say women shouldn't be judged for not shaving; we can't actually control what we find attractive, it is their choice if they base their actions around that or not.
    The same way women can't be blamed for liking men who are tall, confident or ambitious. What we find attractive in a partner is encrypted in our DNA. It's always about the optimization of the next generation, like with every other life form there is.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    All's hair in love and war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    Not true. Arm pits is one thing but you can't honestly expect a guy to go down if you haven't shaved down there. Its inhumane
    I'm a lesbian and i manage fine. MAN UP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NancyRoseC)
    I'm a lesbian and i manage fine. MAN UP
    Nah

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.