Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Maybe because there are more men in the world or More men feel suicidal etc.? :confused:
    Neither. A lot of men don't feel able to talk about things that are bothering them, particularly to other men. I'm lucky that I have a few best friends who are girls, if anything at all is bothering me I go straight to one of them and I know they'll always cheer me up. There are a lot of guys who I am friends with, but i'd never feel comfortable sharing stuff like that with them. Either they can't relate, they don't know what to say or they don't take it seriously. Plus there's outdated stereotypes e.g ''man up'' or ''men don't have feelings''.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Well dur...

Feeling suicidal is often a pre requisite to committing suicide. Who knew!?

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

(altgough it could juts be that men are better at following through with it, but I want to use that meme)

Yeah... Your sarcasm is just... :rolleyes:

I like this one -> (•_•)

I think that if guys became girls for a day they would completely understand our points about the down sides of girl... And there would be some freaking out too
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Although we complain alot, we know we love being women

ReputationRep:
    I like this one -> (•_•)

I think that if guys became girls for a day they would completely understand our points about the down sides of girl... And there would be some freaking out too
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Perhaps. First thing I would do though is fiddle with my new boobs

Life can't be described only in terms of a gender binary. Also depends where you live.

I would say on average there is positives to and negatives to being both genders, probably tipped over in the negatives for women unfortunately.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps. First thing I would do though is fiddle with my new boobs

Life can't be described only in terms of a gender binary. Also depends where you live.
    They are not that interesting :rolleyes:

I wasn't really talking about gender stereotypes then and yeah that is true

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They are not that interesting :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I disagree.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I disagree.
    How would you know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How would you know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think boobs are great :dontknow:

But ye, I don't know what its like having them, I imagine having large ones makes certain activities harder. I would probably also be self conscious of them bouncing around when doing stuff.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I think boobs are great :dontknow:
    Well if you ever have the opportunity to become a girl...

I dare you to run without a (sports) bra... enough said. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well if you ever have the opportunity to become a girl...

I dare you to run without a (sports) bra... enough said. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    See my edit. I think about these things
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    But ye, I don't know what its like having them, I imagine having large ones makes certain activities harder. I would probably also be self conscious of them bouncing around when doing stuff.
    Weird how you are thinking like a female
    See my edit. I think about these things
    This is way too funny :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Neither. A lot of men don't feel able to talk about things that are bothering them, particularly to other men. I'm lucky that I have a few best friends who are girls, if anything at all is bothering me I go straight to one of them and I know they'll always cheer me up. There are a lot of guys who I am friends with, but i'd never feel comfortable sharing stuff like that with them. Either they can't relate, they don't know what to say or they don't take it seriously. Plus there's outdated stereotypes e.g ''man up'' or ''men don't have feelings''.
    That's pretty awful, i never realised. I don't usually talk to people when i'm upset just because thats the way i am but when i am feeling really upset i can turn to my friends - it must be pretty awful to never be able to talk about whats bothering you
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Oh sorry I didn't see this!

Aww I'm sorry but it is lucky that you have understanding friends! I think we a need to remember that we all have feelings and I understand what you mean about the stereotypes! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Weird how you are thinking like a female

This is way too funny :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have this thing called empathy.

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Ye this is bloody annoying. The worse thing is I am as bad. I don't how to react when a guy gets all teary and upset. It's like we emotionally stunted or something.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I have this thing called empathy.

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
    Again with that weird emoticon.

I think that the only cool thing about being a guy is standing up to pee...
    That's it, I like being a girl *dances*
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Again with that weird emoticon.

I think that the only cool thing about being a guy is standing up to pee...
    That's it, I like being a girl *dances*
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is quite useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickidc18)
    There's countless of older men on tv, how often do you see old women unless they are "hot"
    Pretty much all the time. Although, I don't really watch all the reality/beauty TV crap which only shows young women, and is primarily consumed by women, I only watch stuff that's worth watching. So perhaps my perspective differs.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    It is quite useful.
    Haha! I think it would be, especially with hiking and camping :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep. More men commit suicide.
    Maybe because there are more men in the world or More men feel suicidal etc.? :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    a lot more men in depression etc...
    women tend to have issues in their teens but sort it out by their 20s..

men on the other hand tend to develop issues in their 20s and many dont ever sort them out

just recently in my town there was a very very unfortunate case of double suicides

for this reason I think men have it harder so to speak

but lets not argue about who has it worse but instead try and figure out a way on how to stop these sort of things happening

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.