Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tell me about your piercings! :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dinorawrsaurus)
    I've just got my tragus pierced. The gun was fine and hurt for like 2 seconds, but it's the aftercare I'm struggling with. 6/10
    Just some advice, you might find you'll have serious difficulty or a permanent problem with the healing of your tragus because it was done with a gun. The way that the gun pierces means your cartilage will more than likely be shattered, so the repair process may either be extremely lengthy or impossible. Go for a needle next time, guns can be very dangerous, especially for a tragus!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WorldPharmacist)
    2 in each earlobe and 1 in left ear cartilage... My second earlobe piercing still hurts a bit after like 2 years :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My second lobe piercing is like that. I had it done over a year ago but it can still be really temperamental and hurts sometimes when I change it. It was agony for weeks afterwards- it was really bruised. Apparently when I had it pierced it wasn't pierced straight through but at an angle.

ReputationRep:
    Blimey, you should all share more pics

ReputationRep:
    3 on each lobe: don't remember the pain the first time, 3/10 the 2nd and 1/10 the third.

Cartilage: 2/10

ReputationRep:
    I've got 2 lobe piercings in both ears. It didn't really hurt more the burning sensation. I passed out both times (in claires ) though because I'm such a wimp. I'd love to get my cartilage done though - maybe as a treat for finishing my exams next summer and then it could heal over the holidays

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myblueheaven339)
    Gun for a tragus!?!? Tut tut

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by carabethh)
    Just some advice, you might find you'll have serious difficulty or a permanent problem with the healing of your tragus because it was done with a gun. The way that the gun pierces means your cartilage will more than likely be shattered, so the repair process may either be extremely lengthy or impossible. Go for a needle next time, guns can be very dangerous, especially for a tragus!
    I knoooooow!! I went to another tattoo & piercing place for advice after seeing your messages and the lady gave it a good look over and said it's healing okay and that I should go to them for advice because it's obvious the other guy doesn't care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dinorawrsaurus)
    I knoooooow!! I went to another tattoo & piercing place for advice after seeing your messages and the lady gave it a good look over and said it's healing okay and that I should go to them for advice because it's obvious the other guy doesn't care.
    Yeah, there's a lot of idiotic people in the world. I had an email exchange with the manager of Studex UK who was trying to insist to me that their piercing guns were safer than needles & safepiercing.org supported their use (which obviously, they didn't). As far as I'm concerned, it should be considered an offense to not explain the risks of your piercing method before they pierce you!

Glad yours is going well at least

ReputationRep:
    Only lobe piercings for me (one on each ear)
    Some people in my school have 2 but I wouldn't get it cause I wear a Hijab so no one's going to see it.

ReputationRep:
    Just got a dermal anchor placed in my collar bone today! I love it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parry_93)
    Just got a dermal anchor placed in my collar bone today! I love it!
    Yay! I have one in the nape of my neck. Love them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have:
    Snakebites (had both done at the same time) 5/10
    Smiley 4/10
    Lobes 0/10

Retired:
    Nostril 2/10
    Cartalige 0/10
    Stretched ears (only to 8mm) 0/10

I really want my septum doing but my boyfriend would call me a cow xD :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I had a couple piercings my first one I started with was a prince Albert then I moved north got my nipples and my tongue was last. I took my tongue out and my nipples just bc to many people were getting them. I left my PA in though and still have it today it was pierced with a ten gauge and only went like two sizes bigger sometimes during sex I will put one of the vibrating rings in it and it drives my wife crazy. She has loved it since the first time we had sex. I got it done when I was taking this class and a kid in there told the girls in my class he had it done she wanted to see it and since he didn't have it done they all said they would pay for someone to get it done but they wanted to see it after. So I said screw it I'll do it and haven't had any complaints since I've had it in everyone loved it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.