Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    Yeah it is.
    It really makes me irritated that there are so many people who think medicine is the only way for smart people to be rich :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is annoying indeed, especially when you are good at maths/sciences people would just ask 'why not go for medicine'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheKingOfTSR)
    I've gave some useful info too. Anyway thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I appreciate the info about why people assume mathematicians should be good at sciences lol:awesome:
    I'm looking forward to my rep in return

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WinterWind)
    Yeah I appreciate the info about why people assume mathematicians should be good at sciences lol:awesome:
    I'm looking forward to my rep in return
    What do you mean by sciences?

And nope, you gotta beg. Why should a King give His rep freely out to peasants? :crown:

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by sciences?

And nope, you gotta beg. Why should a King give His rep freely out to peasants? :crown:
    By sciences I mean physics/chemistry/biology.

LoL never give people colourful names unless you ACTUALLY know them. It may be you who turn out to be the 'peasant', dear.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    By sciences I mean physics/chemistry/biology.

LoL never give people colourful names unless you ACTUALLY know them. It may be you who turn out to be the 'peasant', dear.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why am I even talking to a peasant? :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Why am I even talking to a peasant? :facepalm:
    Well showing fellow peasants how a 'king' begs for rep is always amusing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry for that - I was a bit tipsy.

And okay,
    Now please shoo away.

ReputationRep:
    Okay peop- Peasants!

I'm up for mutual repping. I rep you, you rep me. :bban:

Anyone interested?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for that - I was a bit tipsy.

And okay,
    Now please shoo away.

I should prefer to be a bystander witnessing your majesty begging for more reps (or mutual repping?:congrats: ) anyway. May God bless you so you can get the rep from C0balt soon:ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I should prefer to be a bystander witnessing your majesty begging for more reps (or mutual repping?:congrats: ) anyway. May God bless you so you can get the rep from C0balt soon:ahee:
    Rather than the rep, I think you need your brain back. I told yeh, I was too tipsy, I ain't no king.

Anyway I don't expect any rep from any metals or seasons, just fellow peasants. :bban:

ReputationRep:
    Rather than the rep, I think you need your brain back. I told yeh, I was too tipsy, I ain't no king.

Anyway I don't expect any rep from any metals or seasons, just fellow peasants. :bban:
    Alas, I thought your being tipsy would be the explanation for being so desperate for reps:yawn: Well congrats for getting your brain back and finally realise you ain't no king:nah:

ReputationRep:
    Alas, I thought your being tipsy would be the explanation for being so desperate for reps:yawn: Well congrats for getting your brain back and finally realise you ain't no king:nah:
    That means I am King!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    please don't let a douche from Sri Lanka turn this productive thread upside down.
    winterwind could you share with everyone your opinions on
    1) difficulty level of CIE?
    2) why you chose CIE?
    3) would you recommend others to sit for CIE papers?

ReputationRep:
    :lol: Have fun with CIE then, the crappiest exam board ever. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    That means I am King!! :woo:
    LoL in this case 'no' means 'any'. Double negatives were used in colloquial English (such as using 'ain't') to express an emphasised negative. The mathematical logic that double negatives makes a positive is true for standard English speakers but not for colloquial English.

ReputationRep:
    LoL in this case 'no' means 'any'. Double negatives were used in colloquial English (such as using 'ain't') to express an emphasised negative. The mathematical logic that double negatives makes a positive is true for standard English speakers but not for colloquial English.
    Now, that's useful information. Here's that rep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maura Kat)
    please don't let a douche from Sri Lanka turn this productive thread upside down.
    winterwind could you share with everyone your opinions on
    1) difficulty level of CIE?
    2) why you chose CIE?
    3) would you recommend others to sit for CIE papers?
    Sure, my pleasure:flower2:

1) The two CIE IGCSE maths papers I did were definitely harder than Edexcel's. Also the grade boundaries are higher. For Edexcel IGCSE you normally need no more than 85% for an A* but for CIE you need around 90% or higher

2) I only did maths with CIE because my teacher thought Edexcel wasn't challenging enough... I did enjoy solving more demanding problems, but it would be much easier to get an A* with Edexcel so I'm feeling a bit...weird.

3) If you don't enjoy coursework and are an international student it may be a good idea to go for CIE. Also if you want more challenging stuff. (It may not be the case with humanities though.)

ReputationRep:
    2) I only did maths with CIE because my teacher thought Edexcel wasn't challenging enough...
    I think your teacher was on about Maths A. Edexcel also have Maths B which are of CIE standards. Also if you really wanted to be challenged you could also take the further maths IGCSE from Edexcel. It even has A2 stuff :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think your teacher was on about Maths A. Edexcel also have Maths B which are of CIE standards. Also if you really wanted to be challenged you could also take the further maths IGCSE from Edexcel. It even has A2 stuff :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bingo - I self taught Edexcel IGCSE Further Pure Maths. It was a last-minute decision so I had to rush for my exams, not really the most ideal exams I would like...There are some C3&4 stuff involved, mainly differentiation/integration and vectors.

ReputationRep:
    Now, that's useful information. Here's that rep.
    Thx finally:jive: I'm glad to provide more common sense.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.