Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a black girl ask me anything Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mick.w)
    In the UK this is what I have observed.

Jamaicans are the original black immigrants in the UK
    there have been others. but Jamaicans have over shadowed them.

3. Afro-Asiatics aka East Africans. nobody knows how to class them, not even themselves. are they arabs? are they asian? are they black? are they african? basically nobody parties with them. why? because they're muslim. and muslims are not fun people. nobody wants to go to a "muslim party" and nobody invites muslims round because they're too much of a pain to cater for. they even call themselves east african. when they no very well that they are different to most kenyans, ugandans, tanzanians and mozambicans. so why do they call themselves east africans? perhaps its to blend in with other africans? perhaps its to illustrate they are superior and that the black africans who live in east africa are migrants of some sort? anyway people don't get on with afro-asiatics because they are fake. they are fake because in an ideal world they would NEVER call themselves black. they are very proud of having arab blood and given the opportunity would rather marry someone from yemen than kenya. the only reason they say they are black in the uk is because they would have no social life otherwise. arabs and south asians won't accept them because they are too black. so they "settle" for black people. so they want to try and get the street cred of black people and have allies of some sort. so its "yea yea im black of course im black" to their face. but "no i dont class my self as black" at home.
    as for being jealous of the hair? black women don't get to see you're hair because you have it covered because you're muslims and where scarves and hijabs. so you youself are only really appreciating you're hair. also jamaicans are used to seeing black people with asian admixture such as coolies. so its nothing new. however yes there is major issues with black women psychologically and their sense of beauty, being accepted in a western context and being fashionable. and lots of black girls will not admit they are ashamed of their natural hair or embarrassed that they've never been taught how to look after their hair to the point where they think its harder. or they decide that their own hair as an individual is special and cannot be dealt with naturally with out major effort. its just poor parenting and education or people lieing to themselves. protective hair style... 24/7 365 days a year? yea... sure you're proud of you're natural hair. like they don't do weave that makes you're hair look afro? or even curly? but yea somali's n eritreans n djbouti n all those types not many people even see you're hair to no about it so don't get gassed.
    wtf. this made me LOL. who the hell told you somalis don't class themselves as black when at home? stop making such silly generalisations. somalis may look a little different to other black people but we're African, black and proud

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    wtf. this made me LOL. who the hell told you somalis don't class themselves as black when at home? stop making such silly generalisations. somalis may look a little different to other black people but we're African, black and proud

black is a new world term. east africans have no history there. you're not black.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mick.w)

black is a new world term. east africans have no history there. you're not black.
    lol wot. what do you and the people you know class somalis? most people class us as black

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    lol wot. what do you and the people you know class somalis? most people class us as black
    white people don't no or care half the time.
    if you're a particularly araby looking somalian they just guess you're arab.
    if you're more black looking or have darker skin they just think you're black.

they don't care enough to know the difference.

again arabs don't think you are arab. they see you as lower caste arab wannabes.

but then somalis use the same attitude to actual black people. aka the ones you call bantu. which is a stupid term that they use to refer to anyone whos "proper black"

ReputationRep:
    I'm literally the only person who has asked the OP a set of any questions and not resulted to stereotypes and I've been entirely ignored! These AMA TSR threads are a poor show.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LakAnne)
    What are you planning to for a future career?
    Child nursing how old r u/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonriver96)
    Is your name Prudence? And if you could call yourself anything in the world, what would you name yourself?
    Ermm Amanda

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madhatter17)
    lol.. why didn't you name this thread as "white girl" .i fell your title is very misleading ...you are bi-racial...
    Haha cause I'm a black girl not a white one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh_insomniac)
    I'm literally the only person who has asked the OP a set of any questions and not resulted to stereotypes and I've been entirely ignored! These AMA TSR threads are a poor show.
    Ohh sowws been trying to reply everyone maybe I missed ur questions out

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mario_leufft)
    Would you like to be in a relationship with an South Asian?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wouldn't mind if I like them n if the person is my type

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh_insomniac)
    Since you mentioned 'ask me anything':

1) What are your thoughts on Medieval English history? Specifically the Norman invasion?

2) What's the funniest joke you know?

3) How many red items can you see in front of you?

4) Do you ever wish you were born as a animal, such as a small goat or a kangaroo over a human?

5) Do you consider yourself adventurous?
    I don't really know alot about English history its just that I'm not a history person

Ermm got loads of funny ones

I don't really wish i was born as an animal

Yh I am u

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I love black girls,can we meet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limpopo)
    I love black girls,can we meet?
    R u Asian black or white

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prudence290497)
    R u Asian black or white

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No im white/Irish...TDH

ReputationRep:
    No im white/Irish...TDH
    What r u studying n where abouts

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What r u studying n where abouts

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I study life,people,anything and everything...Im not a student like most students on this board but i am always learning.

I am a real time worker and have worked in engineering type roles all my life.

ReputationRep:
    I study life,people,anything and everything...Im not a student like most students on this board but i am always learning.

I am a real time worker and have worked in engineering type roles all my life.
    Wow nice

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Its the gene thing lol :hand::facepalm:
    What about the genes? Are the genes black? If so, why?

ReputationRep:
    Wow nice

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well you know, i'd much rather be like Hector Riva but fate dealt me my hand and Im just trying to play it the best way i can ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6YGibp9rXU

ReputationRep:
    I didn't decide to be black n why did you decide to be the race you r?
    I couldn't pull off being black.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.