700-749
    23.45%
    750-799
    5.31%
    > 800
    8.41%

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Joannywhite)
      Yeah I think every uni will want to see your AS results im afraid.
      Really my school doesn't cash in AS therefore it doesn't go on our application. I got AABB but predicted A*A*A and resitting the practical in my as to get an a. Do u think this would be good. For ucl or imperial ?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by chrissy96x)
      Really my school doesn't cash in AS therefore it doesn't go on our application. I got AABB but predicted A*A*A and resitting the practical in my as to get an a. Do u think this would be good. For ucl or imperial ?
      Im sorry what does cashing in AS mean?

ReputationRep:
      should i apply with ukcat of 640??

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by NancyRoseC)
      should i apply with ukcat of 640??
      As long as you got 500 or above in each sub test you stand a good chance! Good luck

ReputationRep:
      i honestly can not for the life of me see any appeal to study medicine at St Georges University. I live really close to the university and the general area it is in is really "poor".

On top of this it is situated in Tooting, which is an Asian dominated area, therefore the nightlife around the campus is pretty dull as students often are wary of being looked down upon by the local community.

The general "campus" is nice and modern although the university accommodation is pretty bog standard. this plus the fact you're living in London means that everything is x10 more expensive, from transport to food to finding private accommodation later.

The only redeeming feature i can think off is that its literally in a real hospital so you're fully immersed from the get go.

Anyway those are simply my opinions My cousin is in his final year and pretty much agrees with me.

Oh and this is important, for those students that want to apply to St Georges because they lack a high UKCAT score and think St Georges is a "safer" bet, you are very much mistaken. I had a 1-to-1 with an admins officer and she basically said they grade the UKCAT and GCSEs on a scale, and those with the highest scores (top 600?) get offered an interview. They also completely disregard the PS because they claim it to be way to subjective to measure accurately and only use it as a discriminatory factor between 2 extremely similar students.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RagaZ)
      i honestly can not for the life of me see any appeal to study medicine at St Georges University. I live really close to the university and the general area it is in is really "poor".

On top of this it is situated in Tooting, which is an Asian dominated area, therefore the nightlife around the campus is pretty dull as students often are wary of being looked down upon by the local community.

The general "campus" is nice and modern although the university accommodation is pretty bog standard. this plus the fact you're living in London means that everything is x10 more expensive, from transport to food to finding private accommodation later.

The only redeeming feature i can think off is that its literally in a real hospital so you're fully immersed from the get go.

Anyway those are simply my opinions My cousin is in his final year and pretty much agrees with me.

Oh and this is important, for those students that want to apply to St Georges because they lack a high UKCAT score and think St Georges is a "safer" bet, you are very much mistaken. I had a 1-to-1 with an admins officer and she basically said they grade the UKCAT and GCSEs on a scale, and those with the highest scores (top 600?) get offered an interview. They also completely disregard the PS because they claim it to be way to subjective to measure accurately and only use it as a discriminatory factor between 2 extremely similar students.
      I went to the open day today and i thought the community were mainly made up of non-whites but i dont have an issue with that and like a multi-cultural community. Plus you are guaranteed an interview if you meet a level/ukcat requirements

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jaska)
      I went to the open day today and i thought the community were mainly made up of non-whites but i dont have an issue with that and like a multi-cultural community. Plus you are guaranteed an interview if you meet a level/ukcat requirements
      O dear don't think i dont like multi-cultural communities! I am also of ethnicity lol. But honestly the make up of the community is made up of people who hold very traditional views, and when it comes to student life and having "fun" it really isnt that great. also the word guaranteed isnt really the right word to use. Nothing is guaranteed, especially when it comes to applying to one of the most competitive course in the country.

It's not only the general surrounding community that gave me a negative impression, i just didnt feel the student community feel was great either. Maybe that's just me.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RagaZ)
      O dear don't think i dont like multi-cultural communities! I am also of ethnicity lol. But honestly the make up of the community is made up of people who hold very traditional views, and when it comes to student life and having "fun" it really isnt that great. also the word guaranteed isnt really the right word to use. Nothing is guaranteed, especially when it comes to applying to one of the most competitive course in the country.

It's not only the general surrounding community that gave me a negative impression, i just didnt feel the student community feel was great either. Maybe that's just me.
      But central London is just 20 mins away by tube. You say medicine is the most competitive course, so why would what other people think effect where i should apply -.-

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jaska)
      But central London is just 20 mins away by tube. You say medicine is the most competitive course, so why would what other people think effect where i should apply -.-
      Fair enough. im going to slowly back out of this debate, before the whole thread gets side tracked. Just wanted to voice my opinion of the university since i was myself considering it

Anyway good luck with your application !

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RagaZ)
      Fair enough. im going to slowly back out of this debate, before the whole thread gets side tracked. Just wanted to voice my opinion of the university since i was myself considering it

Anyway good luck with your application !
      Thanks, which uni do you go to?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jaska)
      Thanks, which uni do you go to?
      Nah not at uni yet. Applying to uni for medicine at Liverpool, UEA, Bristol and Kings/Lancaster/Sheffield (cant decide between these 3)

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RagaZ)
      Nah not at uni yet. Applying to uni for medicine at Liverpool, UEA, Bristol and Kings/Lancaster/Sheffield (cant decide between these 3)
      ah nice im applying to UEA this year, was thinking lancaster/liverpool but they are so competitive :L

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Joannywhite)
      Im sorry what does cashing in AS mean?

basically they dont certificate it yet thererefore u can put in on your ucas application :P

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by chrissy96x)
      basically they dont certificate it yet thererefore u can put in on your ucas application :P
      Oh I see.
      Well in that case im not really sure. I would suggest you contact the uni and find out what they would like you to do. Im sure they will be able to help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Hey guys, I'm most likely applying St Georges. Not sure if my UKCAT is good enough.
      GCSEs: 5A*s (including bio, chem, physics and maths), 5As (including eng lang/lit), B
      AS: AAAA
      A-level: AAA (Bio, chem and maths) and B
      UKCAT: 2700, 675 avg and band 1
      VR- 610
      QR- 790
      AR- 690
      DA- 610

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by nikhi123)
      Hey guys, I'm most likely applying St Georges. Not sure if my UKCAT is good enough.
      GCSEs: 5A*s (including bio, chem, physics and maths), 5As (including eng lang/lit), B
      AS: AAAA
      A-level: AAA (Bio, chem and maths) and B
      UKCAT: 2700, 675 avg and band 1
      VR- 610
      QR- 790
      AR- 690
      DA- 610
      If I were u, I would go for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Hi my stats are

GCSEs: 10A*s 2As
      AS: AAABB (biology, chemistry, german, maths, further maths)
      A2: predicted A*AA

I'm retaking 2 maths modules to get my Bs in maths and further maths up to As (need 90ums+ to do so)

ukcat 650 + decent personal statement

do you think its worth applying?

ReputationRep:
      Also do you guys think the cut off will go up even though UKCAT scores have dropped??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Saywhatyoumean)
      Hi my stats are

GCSEs: 10A*s 2As
      AS: AAABB (biology, chemistry, german, maths, further maths)
      A2: predicted A*AA

I'm retaking 2 maths modules to get my Bs in maths and further maths up to As (need 90ums+ to do so)

ukcat 650 + decent personal statement

do you think its worth applying?
      Yes you'd stand a good shot here you should look at Sheffield/UEA/Cardiff and Bristol with those stats too. Leeds would be strong if you are prepared to take the BMAT

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 2018)
      Yes you'd stand a good shot here you should look at Sheffield/UEA/Cardiff and Bristol with those stats too. Leeds would be strong if you are prepared to take the BMAT
      Aha thanks again for replying to all my posts im just majorly disappointed in myself after results day😢

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
    Turn on thread page Beta
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 10, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.