Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Gizos;51275445]
    (Original post by RSS_100)

Oh right i get what you mean. I'm going for the whole day as it takes a long time to get there so I haven't been to an open day before. What about you?
    Yeah same I'm doing the whole day.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=RSS_100;51284243]
    (Original post by Gizos)

Yeah same I'm doing the whole day.
    I will see you there then

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview offer from Imperial yesterday, get in!
    Going on the 12th November, anyone else got an invitation for interview or going on that date???

ReputationRep:
    I don't have one yet but I was wondering what it says the day involves and if you have to prep anything? Good luck
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by lukemags)
    Got an interview offer from Imperial yesterday, get in!
    Going on the 12th November, anyone else got an invitation for interview or going on that date???
    Well done! I'm on that day!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I'm a fresher at Oxford studying Earth Sciences so if anyone has any questions about the interviews or where I applied etc feel free to ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHutster)
    Hi guys I'm a fresher at Oxford studying Earth Sciences so if anyone has any questions about the interviews or where I applied etc feel free to ask
    Hey, what do they generally ask about in the interviews (for Imperial in particular if you applied there)

ReputationRep:
    Went to Royal Holloway's open day last week. This place is amazing! I definitely want to study geology here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supervolcano)
    Went to Royal Holloway's open day last week. This place is amazing! I definitely want to study geology here.
    Best bit is the campus and the staff in Earth Sciences are really friendly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlorophile)
    Royal Holloway has a stunning campus - I've not visited personally but it does look absolutely beautiful. And Royal Holloway is still pretty darn good, ranked above UCL in this ranking (it certainly seems better at teaching than UCL).
    I also was really impressed by Royal Holloway. Its better than Bristol where staff just seem interested in research rather than teaching students
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I also was really impressed by Royal Holloway. Its better than Bristol where staff just seem interested in research rather than teaching students
    Have you visited Bristol?

ReputationRep:
    Have you visited Bristol?
    yeah, went to an open day in Jume. Amazing city but they put us on a bus to see a hall and we got stuck in traffic for 45 mins, and missed the main talk as a result
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    yeah, went to an open day in Jume. Amazing city but they put us on a bus to see a hall and we got stuck in traffic for 45 mins, and missed the main talk as a result
    I've been wondering whether or not to attend a visit day there. I wasn't really intending on going to Bristol but it does look like a very nice place to be.

ReputationRep:
    I've been wondering whether or not to attend a visit day there. I wasn't really intending on going to Bristol but it does look like a very nice place to be.
    Hey, have you been invited to an applicant visit day at Bristol?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Beccakatie)
    Hey, have you been invited to an applicant visit day at Bristol?
    Yes I was, but I couldn't make the date they gave me. If they give me another date I might go.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I was, but I couldn't make the date they gave me. If they give me another date I might go.
    Oh okay I am going to that I was just wondering if anyone else was.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Oh okay I am going to that I was just wondering if anyone else was.
    Have a good time! Which course do you have an offer for?

ReputationRep:
    Have a good time! Which course do you have an offer for?
    Thanks geology msci you? Where else have you applied?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Thanks geology msci you? Where else have you applied?
    I applied for that originally (because they don't offer Geophysics) and then I switched over to Environmental Geoscience at the last moment. If for some reason I do eventually decide to go for Bristol, I might ask to do a switcheroo over to Geology. I've also applied to UCL, Imperial, Southampton and Oxford. You?

ReputationRep:
    Well done! I'm on that day!
    I have an interview on that day aswell for Geology!

Are you guys doing anything in particular to prepare for the interview? Because I don't know what to expect

Also what are you going to wear?:confused:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.