Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Imperial College A100 applicants 2015 entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepeople)
    I don't think they interview before Christmas. Only Oxbridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They do interview before Christmas. I got an email saying they start giving interviews offer on December 4th for interviews on December 16th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by santabanta554)
    They do interview before Christmas. I got an email saying they start giving interviews offer on December 4th for interviews on December 16th.
    Oh really? Didn't know that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepeople)
    I don't think they interview before Christmas. Only Oxbridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They definitely do

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit depressed. I need to book my flight back to Slovakia for Christmas (my parents live there, I'm alone in the UK) and the prices are going so dramatically up. I need to know whether Imperial will invite me to an interview (doubt so) before Christmas...

ReputationRep:
    has ANYONE ELSE RECEIVED AN 'INTERVIEW INVITE' OR AM I JUST REALLY CONFUSED?!? BECAUSE I JUST GOT THE EMAIL SAYING:
    'I am emailing you to let you know that Imperial College London has just sent you an Invite to Interview to potentially study Medicine. If you have not received this email please look in your Junk/Spam folder as your system settings may have filtered it away from your inbox.'

Is this just a general email or have I actually been invited to interview????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liass)
    has ANYONE ELSE RECEIVED AN 'INTERVIEW INVITE' OR AM I JUST REALLY CONFUSED?!? BECAUSE I JUST GOT THE EMAIL SAYING:
    'I am emailing you to let you know that Imperial College London has just sent you an Invite to Interview to potentially study Medicine. If you have not received this email please look in your Junk/Spam folder as your system settings may have filtered it away from your inbox.'

Is this just a general email or have I actually been invited to interview????
    Same!!!! IM SO CONFUSED< PLEASE LET IT BE A REAL INTERVIEW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zain135)
    Should we call them or something???

ReputationRep:
    If its not a real interview I will cry because imperial is my absolute favourite uni
    Also, did you get the supposed 'second' email with an official invite, because it states this in the email:
    'If you have not received this email please look in your Junk/Spam folder as your system settings may have filtered it away from your inbox.'
    But Ive looked in both my actual inbox and my spam folder and I cant find anything?
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    I got that too and am very confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liass)
    If its not a real interview I will cry because imperial is my absolute favourite uni
    Also, did you get the supposed 'second' email with an official invite, because it states this in the email:
    'If you have not received this email please look in your Junk/Spam folder as your system settings may have filtered it away from your inbox.'
    But Ive looked in both my actual inbox and my spam folder and I cant find anything?
    Only got that email, i have no idea whats happening. Same imperial is my first choice, pleeaseeeee let it be real.

ReputationRep:
    Only got that email, i have no idea whats happening. Same imperial is my first choice, pleeaseeeee let it be real.
    Ok I just got the email saying:
    'It appears there is a problem with the link email which you should have received. Please bear with us whilst we try to solve the issue. You will be emailed tomorrow regarding this and you do not need to contact us in the mean time.'
    So now have to wait until tomorrow to see if this is real or just some cruel prank

Im really worried its going to turn out that I got the email by accident and they dont actually want me to come to interview, the system just malfunctioned and sent me that email
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by liass)
    Ok I just got the email saying:
    'It appears there is a problem with the link email which you should have received. Please bear with us whilst we try to solve the issue. You will be emailed tomorrow regarding this and you do not need to contact us in the mean time.'
    So now have to wait until tomorrow to see if this is real or just some cruel prank

Im really worried its going to turn out that I got the email by accident and they dont actually want me to come to interview, the system just malfunctioned and sent me that email
    Same! How weird...any current students on this thread who have any thoughts on this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Same! How weird...any current students on this thread who have any thoughts on this
    Quite a lot of people have updated saying they have an interview, Im a little worried whether this was just a system error and they accidentally sent off too many interviews, and I didnt actually get one

EDIT: Although actually, they apparently send out interviews in 3 batches. If 600 people get interviews, 200 interviews should be sent out per batch so who knows, maybe we genuinely have an interview! (trying to think positively here to avoid going insane)
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by liass)
    Quite a lot of people have updated saying they have an interview, Im a little worried whether this was just a system error and they accidentally sent off too many interviews, and I didnt actually get one
    Me too. I'm not sure either, I'm not going to say anything or come to any conclusions until (or if) something happens tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Me too. I'm not sure either, I'm not going to say anything or come to any conclusions until (or if) something happens tomorrow.
    Same, dont want to get my hopes up unnecessarily
    tonight and tomorrow morning will be long and stressful!

ReputationRep:
    For the people with interview emails what were your bmat scores ?
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the same boat as most of you...I received an email saying that I should have received an email about an invite to interview, but I hadn't.
    So I emailed back and this is the response,

"It appears there is a problem with the link email which you should have received. Please bear with us whilst we try to solve the issue. You will be emailed tomorrow regarding this and you do not need to contact us in the mean time."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkgorilla)
    For the people with interview emails what were your bmat scores ?
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not amazing- which is why Im worried that I dont actually have an interview and this is just a system malfunction

5.1 6.3 3.5A (so I would be in Band 3)

ReputationRep:
    What's your BMAT if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    I have the email too. my score wasnt particularly amazing either. I hope its real, but I want to be sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.