Durham offer holders 2015 thread Watch

Hody421
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Didn't put any college preference but I really want to go to University College.
gloria97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ahhhhhh, has anyone recieved a conditional offer for physics??? Im like dying here.....
J3SS742
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gloria97)
Ahhhhhh, has anyone recieved a conditional offer for physics??? Im like dying here.....
Hey! My friend applied for physics at Durham and she hasnt heard anything yet I don't think, if that helps? But dont worry about it, they like to take their time
J3SS742
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Beebedeebee)
Woohoo! I applied to St Chad's, looks like we'll be waiting a while until we get allocations though D: to be honest I'm just really happy I got a place! Where have you applied?
Yeah ikr, have to wait till like March haha! Me too, I was so shocked when the offer came through! Ive applied to Hatfield, but yeah I dont mind where I get put
srdesg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
nice
i'm an international student also doing IB and have applied for the same course ^.^
what was your predicted grade?
(Original post by ghalia8)
Hey! I got an conditional offer at Durham just last week for combined honours in social sciences
I'm an IB student and so the requirement is 38 points with 666 at higher level
Thorsas
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Me and my brother are both applying with very similar grades/qualifications etc (in the same admissions cycle).

I applied for Physics and Astronomy and got an offer last week.
He applied for straight Physics and doesn't have an offer yet, so I can only assume they haven't started sending those yet.
Edminzodo
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Thorsas)
Me and my brother are both applying with very similar grades/qualifications etc (in the same admissions cycle).

I applied for Physics and Astronomy and got an offer last week.
He applied for straight Physics and doesn't have an offer yet, so I can only assume they haven't started sending those yet.
I like your profile picture.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thorsas
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Edminzodo)
I like your profile picture.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aw shucks :3 Uploaded it myself! Thanks.

Heheh, I actually do have a special attachment to the picture. Been with me since I doodled it into existence a couple of years ago.
Studentlife9876
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know how important AS grades are to get an offer? I got AABB at AS and been predicted A*AA which is what I need but I'm worried that my grades ruin my chances. I have a good set of gcse results and my personal statement is okay so what are my chances of getting an offer?
Thanks
username1219778
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Studentlife9876)
Does anyone know how important AS grades are to get an offer? I got AABB at AS and been predicted A*AA which is what I need but I'm worried that my grades ruin my chances. I have a good set of gcse results and my personal statement is okay so what are my chances of getting an offer?
Thanks
What did you apply for? Every department will be different, but they (the uni) say in their admissions policy that they take a holistic approach and consider all parts of your application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Studentlife9876
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emily997)
What did you apply for? Every department will be different, but they (the uni) say in their admissions policy that they take a holistic approach and consider all parts of your application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for Law with a year abroad, and I hope so I really don't want my grades to be the reason I get rejected
themancunian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've got an offer as well as a friend of mine, we applied for straight physics
RuSSeLLMaGuiRe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by indiaharding)
Anyone received an offer for engineering yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got a deferred one that I'm holding onto from last year. Unconditional for Engineering at Castle.
Have you received an offer?
knope
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lucymaybourne)
Does being deferred mean i'd be more likely to get my first choice college as it won't be oversubscribed yet? Have a conditional for NatSci and really want St Mary's the offer holder open day will be such a trek as I live in the South West!!!!!
Congratulations on your offer! Which subjects have you chosen? I applied with a deferral last year, and certainly at my college (Chad's) there was a quota of deferred entry students as well as standard entry. However, there's definitely more potential for flexibility. All you can do is wait and see, really - good luck.

Also, personally I found the offer holders' visit really useful so I'd recommend making the effort to go, if possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
RuSSeLLMaGuiRe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by knope)
Congratulations on your offer! Which subjects have you chosen? I applied with a deferral last year, and certainly at my college (Chad's) there was a quota of deferred entry students as well as standard entry. However, there's definitely more potential for flexibility. All you can do is wait and see, really - good luck.

Also, personally I found the offer holders' visit really useful so I'd recommend making the effort to go, if possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you going again this year?
gloria97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by themancunian)
I've got an offer as well as a friend of mine, we applied for straight physics
Omg congrats!!
When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
knope
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RuSSeLLMaGuiRe)
Are you going again this year?
Wish I could, but I work in a primary school so it's not really possible. Are you?

PS - Happy new year everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
themancunian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Omg congrats!!
When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! I applied in early October, so quite a while back
Esteta
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone heard anything back from the pharmacy school?
abbiecole
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Any offers for Criminology? Sent in my application in mid November, and still waiting....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Mon, 1 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (515)
37.56%
No - but I will (107)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (656)
47.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise