When will Brendan Rodgers be sacked? Watch

bittr n swt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If he lasts past January then he will finish the season and get replaced.

Surprised there hasn't been a PL sacking what's taking the boards so long lol
drewBusby
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
Genuinely think Bournemouth will beat us. They are flying and we are in freefall.
Given how he's got Arsenal at the weekend, he's not going to play his strongest side either. This is a cupset if I ever saw one.
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
Given how he's got Arsenal at the weekend, he's not going to play his strongest side either. This is a cupset if I ever saw one.
Callum Wilson to bag the winner.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He's FSG's man - but their backing is questionable. How would the owners of our top four rivals be reacting this morning after crashing out of the CL with just one win in six?
Well we know what happened to Di Matteo and even then we were still in the title race at that point.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He's FSG's man - but their backing is questionable. How would the owners of our top four rivals be reacting this morning after crashing out of the CL with just one win in six?
Chelsea would fire asap because they have no structure and are run on a whim without questioning the financial implications.

Being trigger happy with firing and hiring has never been a successful model.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
Chelsea would fire asap because they have no structure and are run on a whim without questioning the financial implications.

Being trigger happy with firing and hiring has never been a successful model.
Tbh the financial implications of not making the Champions League is more important, also lets be honest the financial questioning problems would have applied a few seasons ago but not now considering we've made profit two out of past 3 seasons.

I do think some managers required more time and we'd have more league success if we gave the manager another year but Carlo, Di Matteo and Jose are the only managers I think that deserved more time than they got.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In his interview with LFC on leaving, Gerrard rates BR very, VERY, highly....

I wish I’d met Brendan when I was 24 because I think I’d be sitting here talking about a lot of titles that we’d won together.
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aky786UK)
In his interview with LFC on leaving, Gerrard rates BR very, VERY, highly....
He's not going to **** off his manager while they're still working together is he? Gerrard would never come out and critisise the club he loves. There's been a lot of reports about friction, bust up and arguments between the two, it does make you think if Gerrard is choosing to leave or if the manager is pushing him out. A bit like Moyes & Vidic last season.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Gerrard isn't management material.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
He's not going to **** off his manager while they're still working together is he? Gerrard would never come out and critisise the club he loves. There's been a lot of reports about friction, bust up and arguments between the two, it does make you think if Gerrard is choosing to leave or if the manager is pushing him out. A bit like Moyes & Vidic last season.
Yeah but I thought he wouldn't go as far as to suggest Rodgers would have guided them to titles nearly decade ago. Thought he would have diluted his praise for Rodgers but just made me laugh.

Gerrard has confirmed he's leaving owing to a conversation he had with BR when latter told him he wouldn't be playing as often which tbf sounds about right but SG probably wasn't expecting to be dropped at the Bernabeu.
TornadoGR4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Gerrard isn't management material.
Maybe he could slot into the coaching set up somewhere?

I'd say Giggs wasn't management material either, Man Utd have done it right with him.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TornadoGR4)
Maybe he could slot into the coaching set up somewhere?
Not a bad suggestion - but LFC fans are *******s for tradition/nostalgia.

As soon as Rodgers encountered a bad run and Gerrard was on the coaching staff, the Kop would be calling for him to take over with King Kenny as his assistant and Sammy Lee as Under-21s coach.
TornadoGR4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Penny for your thoughts, lads?
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TornadoGR4)
Penny for your thoughts, lads?
The tactics were clearly wrong today, as they were against Swansea, but I don't want to hastily jump the gun.

United were excellent at neutralising us and quieting the crowd. Everyone expected a frenetic start from us - akin to City last month, or Arsenal last season - but what they got was utterly the opposite.

Who knows? Rodgers tinkered with the system after 25 minutes, and things improved slightly. He changed things AGAIN at half-time...but we only saw 45 seconds of Gerrard before you-know-what happened. If he'd stayed on the pitch and played like he did against Swansea, it very well may have been a different outcome.

I have every faith in Brendan Rodgers personally. I wouldn't want him gone at the end of the season, whether we finish 5th or 4th.
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
He's done enough since Christmas to warrant another year. Credit where its due because they looked absolutely dire before then. He needs to do much better with his summer recruitment though, Can has been a very good signing but the others have been dreadful and a complete waste of money.

I'd say they need a RB, CB, 2 strikers, a CM and another keeper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
He's done enough since Christmas to warrant another year. Credit where its due because they looked absolutely dire before then. He needs to do much better with his summer recruitment though, Can has been a very good signing but the others have been dreadful and a complete waste of money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We've got Origi coming so if we bought one great striker we could have - Sturridge, [new buy], Origi, Lambert which should be enough.

Agree with the rest plus we need to buy another LB.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sr90)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm unsure. Can will be a great player for us, and I'm sure Markovic will be too actually. Moreno is an interesting one, because he's obviously playing out of his depth slightly with this 3-4-3. He's used to being a left-back in a flat four, so you see him caught in two minds time and time again between his instinct as a defender and his duties under Rodgers' system.

Lambert, Balotelli, Lovren have all been laughable and I'd expect the former two to be on their way come summer.

Lallana can both be impressive and absolutely dire - often within the same game.
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zerforax)
We've got Origi coming so if we bought one great striker we could have - Sturridge, [new buy], Origi, Lambert which should be enough.

Agree with the rest plus we need to buy another LB.
Completely forgot you had Origi. Surely Lambert is off though?
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
Completely forgot you had Origi. Surely Lambert is off though?
He might stay just because he's a Liverpool fan? Think we gave him a 2 year contract and it would cost us more to get a replacement. I imagine Balotelli will be sold and Borini. Think most will be furious with Borini for saying no to an offer of £14mil for us and now we'll be lucky to get half that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (564)
37.65%
No - but I will (117)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (108)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (709)
47.33%

Watched Threads