The Uni Study Thread Mark IV Watch

MyName??!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Slowbro93)
Much alcohol was consumed. Fairly drunk and still can type reasonally well

Information support assistant with the local council (i.e. the man of all knowledge of the office )

Sounds pretty awesome Good luck and congrats!
chickenonsteroids
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Slowbro93)
Degree came in the post today :woo:

And have a perm job :woo:

Good day
Congrats Very happy for you

(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
Hey all, just quoting you in to let you know that the thread has moved over to this one. :woo:
Thanks.
MathsNerd1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
MATLAB will be the death of me
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MathsNerd1)
:console:
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When today is the last day you can work on an essay and you still don't know how it should be structured...
MyName??!
Rep:
?
Got my aims and methodology for my project outlined Need to structure them properly now!

(Original post by jelly1000)
When today is the last day you can work on an essay and you still don't know how it should be structured...
:console:

Good luck!

(Original post by MathsNerd1)
And you'll be fine :console:
RyJ
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
Fanks
paniking_and_not_revising
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MyName??!)
She's actually enjoying it, I think it brings her character out
And fair enough, are you thinking of taking up something different after you graduate?
Yeah she sounds like a friend who really likes law and I'm like what?!

I dunno tbh, My parents expect me to pay off their six figure mortgage, get married and pop loads of kids out lol. I still don't think I'm pretty sure what I want to do in life. I might work/volunteer for a while and then maybe try to get into graduate medicine or humanitarian relief work.
MyName??!
Rep:
?
(Original post by paniking_and_not_revising)
Yeah she sounds like a friend who really likes law and I'm like what?!

I dunno tbh, My parents expect me to pay off their six figure mortgage, get married and pop loads of kids out lol. I still don't think I'm pretty sure what I want to do in life. I might work/volunteer for a while and then maybe try to get into graduate medicine or humanitarian relief work.
Haha

Oh wow! 6 figures is a lot!

And that sounds interesting. What year are you in at uni? (If you dont mind me asking )
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha

Oh wow! 6 figures is a lot!

And that sounds interesting. What year are you in at uni? (If you dont mind me asking )
Yah my parents think a law degree'll make me rich lmao

Last year.

I can't imagine not being a student. It sounds terrifying!
MyName??!
Rep:
?
Yah my parents think a law degree'll make me rich lmao

Last year.

I can't imagine not being a student. It sounds terrifying!
Heyyy that's what I thought

And good luck with it!

Sameee! I've always been a student and it was just weird graduating last year.. I felt something was missing :erm: Glad I'm back again

I think I'll be ready to move on after this stage though, my only worry is that I don't upgrade to next year, so hopefully I wont flunk any exams or whatever throughout.

--------

been a relaxing sunday so far, just reading through my notes I made yesterday then it's baaaaath time :love: :teehee:
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Heyyy that's what I thought

And good luck with it!

Sameee! I've always been a student and it was just weird graduating last year.. I felt something was missing :erm: Glad I'm back again

I think I'll be ready to move on after this stage though, my only worry is that I don't upgrade to next year, so hopefully I wont flunk any exams or whatever throughout.

--------

been a relaxing sunday so far, just reading through my notes I made yesterday then it's baaaaath time :love: :teehee:
haha no. Not all law students go on to work in city commercial law firms with company cars and business trips every few months.

Thanks!

haha i think It'd just take some time adjusting to non-student life. What are you studying now?

I'm sure you'll do fine!

I wish my Sunday was relaxing. I'm looking at the sociolegal bla di bla's of globalisation and law making or something.
TeaLeaves93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone got any tips or advice with regards to essay planning?
I just don't feel that how I've done it over the past three years is up to scratch for final year!!
MyName??!
Rep:
?
haha no. Not all law students go on to work in city commercial law firms with company cars and business trips every few months.

Thanks!

haha i think It'd just take some time adjusting to non-student life. What are you studying now?

I'm sure you'll do fine!

I wish my Sunday was relaxing. I'm looking at the sociolegal bla di bla's of globalisation and law making or something.

Yeah. And I just started a research project, hopefully extending it to a full PhD one

And thank you :hugs:

But yeah, I had a wonderful summer, but I kept thinking of what next, gaaaah?
So I'm glad I got given this opportunity!

(Original post by TeaLeaves93)
I just don't feel that how I've done it over the past three years is up to scratch for final year!!
That would depend on what type of course you're doing?
As for science/engineering ones, I tend to start with an introduction, addressing the essay title, why it's important etc - so like a mini abstract of what to look out for in the essay/report

Then a series of paragraphs, cutting the main subject into categories, explanations blah blah

Then a conclusion of what the essay was about, summing up the main points from each of the previous paragraphs etc

references

Id do a bubble brainstorm with the keywords of each paragraph before moving to essay writing
TeaLeaves93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah. And I just started a research project, hopefully extending it to a full PhD one

That would depend on what type of course you're doing?
As for science/engineering ones, I tend to start with an introduction, addressing the essay title, why it's important etc - so like a mini abstract of what to look out for in the essay/report

Then a series of paragraphs, cutting the main subject into categories, explanations blah blah

Then a conclusion of what the essay was about, summing up the main points from each of the previous paragraphs etc

references
I do languages, so I have politics, law, language modules etc. This year I've got a history essay......and I'm stumped! haha
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I tend to have a general structure that I follow for all essays. But it's just a structure I like to use. By no means do i think it's great. It just works for me.And it's more suited to law essays.
But yeah I'll just summarise it:

Introduction: discussion topic of essay and a couple of general statements that fit into my single argument concerning the topic.

Para 1: First statement. (for each paragraph I set out the statement, back it up with a source and then a conflicting statement as a rebuttal and then I map out my sources to show why my first statement is correct)

Para 2 : Second statement (same structure as para 1)

Para 3: Third statement (same as para 1)

Para 4 & sometimes 5: How I use my statements to form the argument of my essay and then I'll try to show how my argument is better than (or more suitable) than a potential rebuttal.

Conclusion: I sum it all up.

I'll sometimes vary the essays. I tend to follow a very rigid structure though. I can't deal with creativity when it comes to essays.

Ooh! Good luck! Sounds scary.

Do you have an idea of where you want to go like what areas you want to work in?
MyName??!
Rep:
?
I do languages, so I have politics, law, language modules etc. This year I've got a history essay......and I'm stumped! haha
I dont think my essay plan would work out for a history essay :sad:

Maybe try googling how to write a history essay?
MyName??!
Rep:
?

Ooh! Good luck! Sounds scary.

Do you have an idea of where you want to go like what areas you want to work in?
I think I'm just really interested in scientific research in general.. I do well in lab work and projects than I did in my modules I think it was because I actually enjoyed the challenge it set, you have to look for the information yourself, work out why things arent working, experimenting your ideas and playing about with theory :yep:

And well, if this project succeeds then I'd like to work on projects with a bit of a spin-off to this original one, and if it doesn't , then a different field in nanotechnology? I think (:

Either way, I'm pursuing research in bionanotechnology, which is what I'm interested in
Serentonin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I can't make my code work and it's doing my head in.

or rather, my code does work but not in the way its supposed to, and I can't work out why.

and living with people who seem to find it impossible to clean up after themselves is driving me mad. WHY do people think its acceptable to use other peoples stuff and then not wash it up for numerous days and just leave it there?
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think I'm just really interested in scientific research in general.. I do well in lab work and projects than I did in my modules I think it was because I actually enjoyed the challenge it set, you have to look for the information yourself, work out why things arent working, experimenting your ideas and playing about with theory :yep:

And well, if this project succeeds then I'd like to work on projects with a bit of a spin-off to this original one, and if it doesn't , then a different field in nanotechnology? I think (:

Either way, I'm pursuing research in bionanotechnology, which is what I'm interested in
How does scientific research work? Do you get to just spend all day trying out crazy ideas or something?

Oh wow that sounds awesome! I mean I don't know what bionanotechnology is but kind of jealous.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (571)
37.71%
No - but I will (119)
7.86%
No - I don't want to (109)
7.2%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (715)
47.23%

Watched Threads