Should white people pay black people money for unpaid work from slavery? Watch

MrMango
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Phipp91)
Right... So if black people weren't free, why is the President of the worlds most powerful nation black? (Well mixed-race, but still...)
obama isnt black and tbh its not like hes even calling the shots he makes no decisions whatsoever hes nothing more than a public speaker furthermore lets not forget hes not some random tanned looking man from harlem, hes related to george bush.

Posted from TSR Mobile
intelligent con
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
if you pay for the free boat ride
perfectsymbology
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The QE2 is not being used for much these days.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...oom-hotel.html
Skip_Snip
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Juan)
The disorder is genetic and only exists in the African genetic make-up, hence outside this large ethnic group it is biologically and genetically impossible for anyone to experience inter-generational post traumatic stress.
Yeah, that sounds kinda dumb. Got a source for it?

I think it's more likely that they're just carrying a chip around on their shoulder, and need something to blame their shortfalls on.
UniMastermindBOSS
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kaiju)
lol no
u cant just drop ppl into bockses like dat bruh
Why aren't the white people in the white box? I think that pic may be fake everyone, I don't think we're all in boxes at all
zimbo97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dandaman1)
Sure, and while we're doing that, we'll track down every other past injustice in history involving a particular ethnic group, family or nationality and pay their descendants too, seeing as it would have also (potentially) altered the socio-economic futures of millions of people.

And just who do you think is going to pay all this money? The government? Why should 90% of the population have to pay trillions of dollars/pounds of their tax money to people they never wronged? Do Will Smith, Oprah, Samuel L. Jackson and Barack Obama get any of it? What about descendants of recent black immigrants? What about people with several white ancestors? Do mixed race persons only get half? How does that work out? It's ridiculous.

EDIT: Also, consider the fact that all black citizens have also indirectly benefited from the economic gains of their country's past involvement in the slave trade in some way. They've also experienced the benefits of living in a 1st world nation, have they not? I guess we could make it right by sending them all back to Africa then, eh? Set everything straight and undo what the slave trade did?
You point out many of the practical difficulties which the scheme would undoubtedly encounter.

But the fact remains that most whites are far far more advantaged than most blacks. The unemployment rate is double for blacks, home ownership and asset wealth is much greater for whites and white Americans are far more qualified, I mean these are just a few but take any possible indicator of success you can imagine and I can guarantee white Americans will be better off. Many trace the causes of this to the inherent bias against black people in the US which originates from slavery, perhaps because each generation has not been quite able to pick itself back up from the lows they were subjected to all those years ago.

What do you suggest should be done about the issue>
MrMango
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zimbo97)
You point out many of the practical difficulties which the scheme would undoubtedly encounter.

But the fact remains that most whites are far far more advantaged than most blacks. The unemployment rate is double for blacks, home ownership and asset wealth is much greater for whites and white Americans are far more qualified, I mean these are just a few but take any possible indicator of success you can imagine and I can guarantee white Americans will be better off. Many trace the causes of this to the inherent bias against black people in the US which originates from slavery, perhaps because each generation has not been quite able to pick itself back up from the lows they were subjected to all those years ago.

What do you suggest should be done about the issue>
he doesn't care aslong as he is swimming in money, despite it being covered in blood.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Viceroy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
The disorder is genetic and only exists in the African genetic make-up, hence outside this large ethnic group it is biologically and genetically impossible for anyone to experience inter-generational post traumatic stress. Black people today are sill experiencing mental health issues over the pain and torture they had suffered, some have even recalled having memories in the form of nightmares from their ancestors
Can't tell if you're joking -- Hopefully you are.

On the off-chance you're not, first of all, PTSD is not genetic (if that's even what you're talking about -- Hard to tell). Second, this comment makes no sense: no one experiences memories/nightmares based on things their ancestors faced. If that were true, I'd be having nightmares about being in Nazi camps.
Viceroy
Rep:
?
(Original post by MrMango)
he doesn't care aslong as he is swimming in money, despite it being covered in blood.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I take it you're talking about yourself in the third person.

Really nice.
The Juan
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Viceroy)
Can't tell if you're joking -- Hopefully you are.

On the off-chance you're not, first of all, PTSD is not genetic (if that's even what you're talking about -- Hard to tell). Second, this comment makes no sense: no one experiences memories/nightmares based on things their ancestors faced. If that were true, I'd be having nightmares about being in Nazi camps.
It is about inter-generational post traumatic disorder. Black individuals today face neurological torture which they inherited genetically from their ancestors.
DiddyDec
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
One should not be judged for the actions of their ancestors.
DErasmus
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I demand compensation from all Muslims for the conquest of Spain. Also while we're here the French, ****ing Normans.
Viceroy
Rep:
?
It is about inter-generational post traumatic disorder. Black individuals today face neurological torture which they inherited genetically from their ancestors.
So all black people exhibit signs of transgenerational trauma? Even those who have no ancestral connection to slavery? Do all Jews exhibit this, too, because some of us have family who survived the Holocaust? Are these reasons why all white Americans or Germans should pay reparations to blacks or Jews, respectively?
-Native Briton-
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i dont think there are any blacks who were affected by slavery today. maybe blacks would like to return to africa if reperations were to be paid ?
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by -Native Briton-)
i dont think there are any blacks who were affected by slavery today. maybe blacks would like to return to africa if reperations were to be paid ?
The Home Office thinks you're wrong...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...n-Britain.html
Viceroy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quady)
Of course the article isn't talking about blacks being enslaved as they were hundreds of years ago... Going by this article, reparations are also owed to those who have been trafficked as sex workers, child laborers, etc. and their families.
-Native Briton-
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Quady)
what does that have to do with black slaves during britains slave trade era :confused:

Are these modern slaves systematically torn from their country by the British government or did you not think your post through ?
perfectsymbology
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This question is merely academic. Reparations will never be repaid, not now, not in 10 years, not in 100 years because the whole premise that it is based on is retarded. Many blacks have white ancestry and vice versa. There is no neat division between the slaves and slave owners.
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by -Native Briton-)
what does that have to do with black slaves during britains slave trade era :confused:

Are these modern slaves systematically torn from their country by the British government or did you not think your post through ?
So do you think they should be paid less than you are proposing for the others?
Hatau24
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What about the reparations North African countries have to pay to Europeans for the Barbary Slave Trade?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (427)
37.75%
No - but I will (87)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (76)
6.72%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (541)
47.83%

Watched Threads