First Year Vacation Schemes/Insight Days 2014-15 Watch

RohinGD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SXYX)
That's amazing!! How would it work though?

Still don't understand why the scheme is held from Monday to Thursday. Maybe the Paris thing is an additional trip on Fri/weekend??
As far as I know, it's going to be on one of those 4 days.

I'm not too sure how it'll work but they said they'll send me the details tomorrow itself 'cus I'll need to apply for a visa to go there. So if you guys don't get any information tomorrow yourselves, I'll let you know what they say. :P
SXYX
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RohinGD)

I'm not too sure how it'll work but they said they'll send me the details tomorrow itself 'cus I'll need to apply for a visa to go there. So if you guys don't get any information tomorrow yourselves, I'll let you know what they say. :P
Great!! It's crazy how much money and resources they invest in us haha
Unsworth
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sophieeeeeeee)
Clifford Chance offer!!! Does anyone know how many people will be on the Springboard programme?
Congratulations! When they called me about the offer I asked this and was told that they gave out 25 offers for the programme!

(Original post by SXYX)
That's amazing!! How would it work though?

Still don't understand why the scheme is held from Monday to Thursday. Maybe the Paris thing is an additional trip on Fri/weekend??

It's Monday - Thursday because the Friday is a bank holiday = no one at work! On one of the days they will be doing a day trip to the Paris, we aren't staying there overnight as far as I'm aware.
tparish95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Unsworth)
Congratulations! When they called me about the offer I asked this and was told that they gave out 25 offers for the programme!

It's Monday - Thursday because the Friday is a bank holiday = no one at work! On one of the days they will be doing a day trip to the Paris, we aren't staying there overnight as far as I'm aware.
Hey, I've also got a CC Springboard offer! When I spoke to someone from Graduate Recruitment today I asked if the Paris trip involved an additional day on top of the advertised 4 and they said it would most likely be on the Tuesday so it's still 4 days long in total.

I can't believe there's only 25 of us, I thought it would be a bigger intake. It was obviously more competitive than I first imagined.
SXYX
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tparish95)
Hey, I've also got a CC Springboard offer! When I spoke to someone from Graduate Recruitment today I asked if the Paris trip involved an additional day on top of the advertised 4 and they said it would most likely be on the Tuesday so it's still 4 days long in total.

I can't believe there's only 25 of us, I thought it would be a bigger intake. It was obviously more competitive than I first imagined.
Thanks for the info!
On a side note I think we're in the same public law class lol
SXYX
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I received offers from Simmons & Simmons and PwC (consulting) for spring insight schemes, but their dates clash. Does anyone have any advice?
Unsworth
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SXYX)
I received offers from Simmons & Simmons and PwC (consulting) for spring insight schemes, but their dates clash. Does anyone have any advice?
I'm in a similar situation as I've received an offer from Goldman Sachs for their Spring Week which is 2 weeks long in Easter - clashes with Hogan Lovells/Weil which I've applied for.

I think it depends on how badly you want the Simmons & Simmons experience - i.e. do you intend to apply to them next year or not? If you are pretty interested in them and do intend on applying for a vac scheme/TC with them then I would turn down PwC. I personally don't intend to apply to Hogan Lovells next year so I'm taking my Goldman offer and withdrawing from the process for Hogan Lovells.
SXYX
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm in a similar situation as I've received an offer from Goldman Sachs for their Spring Week which is 2 weeks long in Easter - clashes with Hogan Lovells/Weil which I've applied for.

I think it depends on how badly you want the Simmons & Simmons experience - i.e. do you intend to apply to them next year or not? If you are pretty interested in them and do intend on applying for a vac scheme/TC with them then I would turn down PwC. I personally don't intend to apply to Hogan Lovells next year so I'm taking my Goldman offer and withdrawing from the process for Hogan Lovells.
I already have a Clifford Chance offer (accepted). I'm not sure if it's better to have 1 law 1 consulting for more diversity, or 2 law schemes to show my devotion (lol) to law?
Unsworth
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SXYX)
I already have a Clifford Chance offer (accepted). I'm not sure if it's better to have 1 law 1 consulting for more diversity, or 2 law schemes to show my devotion (lol) to law?
Ah yes I remember you saying before - congratulations and see you there

How much previous law experience do you have? If CC is going to be your first proper experience at a law firm then I would take Simmons in order to boost your app for vac schemes next year further. If you already have a few other insight days/legal experience on your CV then perhaps take PwC.
RohinGD
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SXYX)
Seeing that you have CC already, I'd say PwC. It's a company that's at the top of its field and I think it'd look slightly more impressive on your CV. More importantly, I think it'd be a better experience overall and you get to diversify a bit as well.

If you get into Weil, would you take them over Goldman Sachs or do you need to reply to Goldman before Weil starts its assessment day?
Unsworth
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

If you get into Weil, would you take them over Goldman Sachs or do you need to reply to Goldman before Weil starts its assessment day?
Not sure mate. Given there are only 10 places on Weil's scheme the chances of getting on it are fairly low anyway, but then there is the guarantee of the vac scheme the following year and it is definitely a firm I want to apply to for a TC. I think ultimately though I'm going to keep Goldman. You can't beat having them on your CV and because I've got a fair bit of legal experience anyway I'd like to think having an investment bank like GS will add a slightly different edge to my applications next year.
iano101
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Invited to take Watson Glazer test for Hogan Lovells, anyone else in the same boat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unsworth
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by iano101)
Invited to take Watson Glazer test for Hogan Lovells, anyone else in the same boat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah man - best of luck with it. (Hint: You can practise it on Hogan Lovells, Linklaters and Clifford Chance's websites btw!)
iano101
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah man - best of luck with it. (Hint: You can practise it on Hogan Lovells, Linklaters and Clifford Chance's websites btw!)
Okay cheers mate. Well done on the offers so far! You haven't heard from a&o by any chance have you? They said they would get back within 14 days but that never happened..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unsworth
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by iano101)
Okay cheers mate. Well done on the offers so far! You haven't heard from a&o by any chance have you? They said they would get back within 14 days but that never happened..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks bud. Nope and I know loads of people who have applied and are in the same situation, think they are just taking their time haha.
SXYX
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone got other spring scheme/open day offers?
RohinGD
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone had any communication with Herbert Smith or Shearman & Sterling after submitting their applications?
SXYX
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone had any communication with Herbert Smith or Shearman & Sterling after submitting their applications?
For Herbert Smith - got invitation for verbal and logical test, still waiting for update

Shearman - no communication at all :/
Lucilou101
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
PFO from A&O (this isn't going well :lol: )

Mentioned tough competition for the 25th june - wonder if that means I would've been more lucky had I chosen a different date!
iano101
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just received a rejection from A&O just to let people know

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (380)
37.33%
No - but I will (78)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (71)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (489)
48.04%

Watched Threads