Eurovision Song Contest Society 2015 Watch

ManicPumpkin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
It's a busy night in the Eurovision world!

MOLDOVA: O Melodie Pentru Europa
– FINAL (6:00pm|Watch here)
HUNGARY: A Dal – FINAL (7:25pm | Watch here)
FINLAND: UMK – FINAL (7:00pm | Watch here)
SLOVENIA: EMA - FINAL (7:00pm | Watch here)

SWEDEN: Melodifestivalen – Semi-Final 4 (7:00pm | Watch here)
26december
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ManicPumpkin)
It's a busy night in the Eurovision world!

MOLDOVA: O Melodie Pentru Europa
– FINAL (6:00pm|Watch here)
HUNGARY: A Dal – FINAL (7:25pm | Watch here)
FINLAND: UMK – FINAL (7:00pm | Watch here)
SLOVENIA: EMA - FINAL (7:00pm | Watch here)

SWEDEN: Melodifestivalen – Semi-Final 4 (7:00pm | Watch here)
I am SOOOO excited!!!

***SLIGHT SPOILER*** I don't want to throw spoilers about but I have a feeling Molly might be in the running for representing UK again, she's recently been posting a lot of promo on her Twitter/YouTube and the UK knows people loved her just the performance wasn't great soooo 🌚🌚🌚

Posted from TSR Mobile
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Slovenia is sending Maraaya with "Here for You"

She reminds me a lot of Duffy, and the song isn't too bad either. But I can see her voice getting very irritable after awhile (Will get a better vid as soon as one is uploaded)

Finland has decided to send the band Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät with the song “Aina mun pitää”

Now this song is just horrible, and it will be my least favourite song by the time we get to May I guarentee it. The band is comprised of people will disorders such as Downs Syndrome etc. which led to their popularity in Finland I believe. Maybe I'm a bit on the heartless side, but I have to be honest and judge on the music here.... it's just bad
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Moldova isn't sending a moldovan! They are actually sending a Ukrainian named Eduard Romanyuta with "I Want Your Love"

Sounds a bit like NSync to me, or 90s stuff generally. I guess we should just be happy there is another male solo-uptempo song at last
26december
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Genesis2703)
Slovenia is sending Maraaya with "Here for You"

She reminds me a lot of Duffy, and the song isn't too bad either. But I can see her voice getting very irritable after awhile (Will get a better vid as soon as one is uploaded)

Finland has decided to send the band Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät with the song “Aina mun pitää”

Now this song is just horrible, and it will be my least favourite song by the time we get to May I guarentee it. The band is comprised of people will disorders such as Downs Syndrome etc. which led to their popularity in Finland I believe. Maybe I'm a bit on the heartless side, but I have to be honest and judge on the music here.... it's just bad

I really like Slovenia's choice tbh. I do kinda agree with the voice becoming irritable but as of now I like it.
Finland....... just.... idk.... yeah it's not great
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To finish off tonight Hungary are sending the lovely Boggie with "Wars for Nothing" a song that was inspired by the Ukraine crisis (so much Ukraine this year aha)

I think this song is actually really touching and lovely, even if a tad corny. I hope they can make the staging really special for Vienna. I am a fan of Boggie as I love her hit "Parfum" which I'd recommend people listen to!

EDIT:

(Original post by 26december)
I really like Slovenia's choice tbh. I do kinda agree with the voice becoming irritable but as of now I like it.
Finland....... just.... idk.... yeah it's not great
Yeah, I have no clue how Slovenia will do in Vienna, a voice like that will either take off or be stuck in the semi.
mikec47
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So Spain have released their song...and it's typical Spain! A woman singing a ballad type sort of song!

Also that Finnish entry is awful! Hope Slovenia do well, the song is okay, think the studio version will be better. With a Slovenian stepmother it means I need to support them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mikec47)
So Spain have released their song...and it's typical Spain! A woman singing a ballad type sort of song!
Due to copyright stuff (the song isn't officially released yet) RTVE and youtube are taking the videos off youtube, so it might be best until tomorrow (it's iTunes release) to put a lovely vid up.

The song isn't living up to its hype, but that would be virtually impossible since RTVE went bloody overboard with the hypetrain the song is still very good though, Spain generally has been really great the past few years and basically always underrated -.-

Compared to the other ladies thus far, this song has a couple differences. It has a really strong beat behind it which makes it not sound like a ballad, and also there is no voice overlap at any point. i.e. if Edurne can handle it, she doesn't need a single backing vocalist which lends itself to a potentially amazing stage show.

Assuming they don't get lazy now, I'm expecting another top 10 from Spain
hussnainz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm sure that the BBC have never sent the same person twice to Eurovision

Posted from TSR Mobile
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Some news rumours coming on now, based off this facebook post

https://www.facebook.com/jermainjack...e=1&permPage=1

Jermain Jackman won series 3 of THE VOICE (recall when the annoucement is taking place) and the post itself mentions something big soon, and has loads of the voice hashtags....

He also likes releasing songs of about 3mins long (see below)

I really hope this rumour is FALSE, and if it is true, it better not be the song above. As in my opinion it is quite bad Please rumour mill be wrong...
Snufkin
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I also hope it is a false rumour. I don't like his voice. :erm:
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
(Original post by Snufkin)
I also hope it is a false rumour. I don't like his voice. :erm:
Denied on Twitter today

https://twitter.com/JermainJackman/s...43421999980544
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Denied on Twitter today

https://twitter.com/JermainJackman/s...43421999980544

"Jermain Jackman ‏@JermainJackman 11h11 hours ago
@Eurovisually Deny! I wont be doing Eurovision"

Good! Can't say I wanted him :banana:
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Greece using their awesomely named TV Channel MAD has had their selection and are sending Maria-Elena Kiriakou with "One Last Breath"

Another female ballad.... but to be fair it was the best out of the 5 songs, so you can't blame them. It has elements of last years winner, and it's the first time in years I actually like a Greek entry.

But yeah, I know most people are more annoyed with all the ballads than I am!
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
Australia are sending Guy Sebastian to Vienna in May! He won the first series of Australian Idol back in 2003. He also represented Australia in World Idol and was a judge on The X Factor for a while.

The song hasn't been selected yet but it was announced that it will be something from Guy's recent album but not a single that has been already released. So basically, an album track...
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Australia are sending Guy Sebastian to Vienna in May! He won the first series of American Idol back in 2003. He also represented Australia in World Idol and was a judge on The X Factor for a while.

The song hasn't been selected yet but it was announced that it will be something from Guy's recent album but not a single that has been already released. So basically, an album track...
I just looked at his Album, and ofc they can make songs shorter, but there is only one song on his album that is remotely near the 3 min mark, that isn't already released or has a featuring artist. So he might have to take up his other idea of writing a song from scratch...

I'm generally quite disappointed with this choice, Australia had their chance to send something phenomenal and I'm really not feeling him as a singer.

There was a comment during the interview along the lines of the head of EBU apparently saying "if you don't spoil the party, we might invite you back". Which means maybe we'll be seeing more of Australia regardless of whether they win or not. Which I am not amused with either
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
It was the national final in Germany tonight, but there was drama as the show came to its conclusion.

Andreas Kümmert and his song Heart of Stonewon the televote, however he DECLINED to go to Eurovision and so the act in second place - Ann Sophie with Black Smoke - will go to Vienna instead.

Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It was the national final in Germany tonight, but there was drama as the show came to its conclusion.

Andreas Kümmert and his song Heart of Stonewon the televote, however he DECLINED to go to Eurovision and so the act in second place - Ann Sophie with Black Smoke - will go to Vienna instead.

Declined? :eyeball: Why was he even in the competition if he didn't want to actually go?
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dez)
Declined? :eyeball: Why was he even in the competition if he didn't want to actually go?
That's a good question! You don't go on a show called Our Star for Vienna without knowing what you're getting in for

Posted from TSR Mobile
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
Tonight the United Kingdom will announce who is representing them in Vienna! You can watch the announcement on the BBC Red Button service straight after The Voice (9:30pm) on BBC One. If you're outside of the UK you can watch the announcement here.

It is also the final in Portugal tonight. But who will be flying the Portuguese flag in Vienna? It could be:

• Leonor AndradeHá um mar que nos separa
  • Yola DinisOutra vez primavera
  • Gonçalo TavaresTu tens uma mágica
  • Teresa RadamantoUm fado em Viena
  • Simone de OliveiraÀ espera das canções
  • José FreitasMal menor (Ninguém me guia à razão)

Watch here from 9:00pm

In Sweden it's the Andra Chansen (Second Chance) round of Melodifestivalen. The winner of each Duel will proceed to next week's final.

1. Andreas Weise - Bring Out the Fire VS. Linus Svenning - Forever Starts Today
  2. Hasse Andersson - Guld och gröna skogar VS. Kristin Amparo - I See You
  3. Dolly Style - Hello Hi VS. Dinah Nah - Make Me (La la la)
  4. Behrang Miri feat. Victor Krone - Det rår vi inte för VS. Samir & ViktorGroupie

You can watch Melodifestivalen here from 7:00pm
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (141)
38.42%
No - but I will (21)
5.72%
No - I don't want to (26)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (179)
48.77%

Watched Threads