Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arty1234)
    yeah pretty much the same with me, doubt ill get in though. where are you from?
    Hi,
    ohk..I am from India!

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one dying to see other peoples portfolios hahahaha. Anyone had any interviews anywhere yet? I've got middlesex on Tues

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily-kate)
    Am I the only one dying to see other peoples portfolios hahahaha. Anyone had any interviews anywhere yet? I've got middlesex on Tues

where are you all applying to and for what? hahaha me too i don't think mines good enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily-kate)
    Haha so am I! I'm applying for BA Fashion Womenswear at LCF as well as CSM. I have been invited to an interview by LCF in 3 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    By the way, how is everyone applying to BA Fashion going to present their life drawings? Are you bringing in the original work? I'm thinking of scanning and printing some instead because it's too big for my A2 portfolio.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _dreamcatcher_)
    By the way, how is everyone applying to BA Fashion going to present their life drawings? Are you bringing in the original work? I'm thinking of scanning and printing some instead because it's too big for my A2 portfolio.
    All my observational and life drawings are scanned in and just adjusted levels and brightness on photoshop are your concept/design boards all done on photoshop too?

ReputationRep:
    Okay great because I really don't feel like dragging that with me especially because I'm going to be boardig planes.
    Yes I've got a few scans from my mini portfolio already, are you going to include stuff from your mini portfolio? Definitely going to put in photoshoped stuff but also original work. I'm probably going to bring in the full project that I presented for my mini portfolio but it's like a book on its own - I hope that's fine.

ReputationRep:
    Okay great because I really don't feel like dragging that with me especially because I'm going to be boardig planes.
    Yes I've got a few scans from my mini portfolio already, are you going to include stuff from your mini portfolio? Definitely going to put in photoshoped stuff but also original work. I'm probably going to bring in the full project that I presented for my mini portfolio but it's like a book on its own - I hope that's fine.
    Hahaha yes exactly! Where are you coming from? I used 3 projects for my mini portfolio and then illustration but I'm including about 5 or 6 full projects in my portfolio now everything has been printed, including the ones on my online but more extensive

ReputationRep:
    From Slovenia! Oh I only included one project and added life drawing+last year's work to my mini portfolio. I've still got to print the majority of my portfolio though :s. These next few weeks are going to be hectic. How much sheets do you have? I'm only going to fill 10, I'll probably add some more if I get invited for CSM though.I'm just completing my final project and will have much more done in April than now

ReputationRep:
    From Slovenia! Oh I only included one project and added life drawing+last year's work to my mini portfolio. I've still got to print the majority of my portfolio though :s. These next few weeks are going to be hectic. How much sheets do you have? I'm only going to fill 10, I'll probably add some more if I get invited for CSM though.I'm just completing my final project and will have much more done in April than now
    See I didn't apply for LCF so I just followed the guidelines for my online mini portfolio with CSm, although I am regretting not applying for LCF now. I've got just over 20 sheets A3

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see. Well I'm slightly regretting applying because I've got to go to London twice (although, going to London can never be a regret ). But CSM is definitely my #1 choice. There are soooo many guidelines though it's insane. Oh I'm also bringing a sketchbook for my latest project. Do you think they even look at everything? Like the sketchebooks and other projects?
    Also, I'm not sure whether I should mount my work to the cartridge really firmly or not (I read somewhere to only use tape on some edges and that's it)?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone applying for the csm foundation course / already on the course and can tell me what the interview is like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninecrimes)
    Is anyone applying for the csm foundation course / already on the course and can tell me what the interview is like?
    Csms foundation aren't interviews, just portfolio reviews

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HLx)
    Csms foundation aren't interviews, just portfolio reviews

Posted from TSR Mobile

What does this mean? sorry if I sound dumb haha

ReputationRep:
    What does this mean? sorry if I sound dumb haha
    It means you just leave your work to be looked at. They don't interview you at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    It means you just leave your work to be looked at. They don't interview you at all.
    Seriously? The email says I have to be there at 9:45am to get into a group for 10am. Is that group literally to just drop it off?

ReputationRep:
    Seriously? The email says I have to be there at 9:45am to get into a group for 10am. Is that group literally to just drop it off?
    Yes, they will send you off on a tour while they look at your stuff. They have to start early so they can get through it all in time to send you back off home with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    Yes, they will send you off on a tour while they look at your stuff. They have to start early so they can get through it all in time to send you back off home with it.
    Oh okay thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Would any one of you like to share their work uploaded on flickr? I would love to see other's work!

ReputationRep:
    I love it!! here is mine for CSM BA Fashion Womenswear: https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.