Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would you date a Muslim? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Would you date a Muslim?
    Yes
    27.50%
    Yes (only that they respects my views)
    18.93%
    Not Sure
    7.50%
    No My family would be worried
    2.50%
    No we would have nothing in common
    6.43%
    100% No
    37.14%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammie123)
    I agree it's tricky, that's probably why I've been unlucky so far but I'm sure he's out there somewhere haha
    Hey hows it going lol

ReputationRep:
    OP, surely you should only be asking non-Muslims this question, and not everyone? Because Muslims will obviously go out with fellow Muslims (assuming that they aren't too strict with their religious beliefs about dating and such) because they have the same fundamental beliefs, whereas non-Muslims have very different views, and the poll will look very different.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 061194)
    Would you ever be concerned if a relative or even a sibling was dating a Muslim ?
    No, not even slightly.

My reason is not because I don't like Muslims, but because there are huge aspects of their religion that I do not even come close to living my life by and from my experience with friends dating Muslims or people who come from a Muslim household it always ends up either being an outright problem or just being generally awkward and in the long run it's not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. More like marry one because I am a Muslim as well.
    I wouldn't mind marrying a person who was born a non muslim if he decided he wanted to accept Islam as his faith and take the Shahada

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnharM)
    OP, surely you should only be asking non-Muslims this question, and not everyone? Because Muslims will obviously go out with fellow Muslims (assuming that they aren't too strict with their religious beliefs about dating and such) because they have the same fundamental beliefs, whereas non-Muslims have very different views, and the poll will look very different.
    I realised that halfway through .It was meant for non Muslims to answer then it attracted others .But it turned out to be a peaceful and relaxed thread.Will take note next time

ReputationRep:
    Hey hows it going lol
    cringe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnharM)
    Is it true muslim guys look down more on girls who have dated a non muslim guy in the past than a muslim? Please be honest by the way

ReputationRep:
    Hey hows it going lol
    Haha hi what was the reason behind your OP by the way? Are you muslim or non muslim?

ReputationRep:
    Haha hi what was the reason behind your OP by the way? Are you muslim or non muslim?
    No lol,It was to see peoples views on whether they would date Muslims within these recent shootings

ReputationRep:
    No lol,It was to see peoples views on whether they would date Muslims within these recent shootings
    I see well if people wouldn't date muslims because of the shootings they're clearly not thinking logically, only some people are doing things like this, most muslims just want peace and get on with their own lives. If they wouldn't want to date them because of differences in views then I understand that I guess, it doesn't matter to me but to others it might and I respect that.
    (Original post by bittr n swt)
    I think finding someone you want to marry can be quite tricky as nothing is ever guaranteed but I respect that.
    By the way can I ask you something? You know that paragraph I just wrote to you, do you think saying this to a guy I'm actually considering would put him off (we're acquaintances at the moment). I mean would the fact that I'm looking for something serious put him off?

ReputationRep:
    I see well if people wouldn't date muslims because of the shootings they're clearly not thinking logically, only some people are doing things like this, most muslims just want peace and get on with their own lives. If they wouldn't want to date them because of differences in views then I understand that I guess, it doesn't matter to me but to others it might and I respect that.

By the way can I ask you something? You know that paragraph I just wrote to you, do you think saying this to a guy I'm actually considering would put him off (we're acquaintances at the moment). I mean would the fact that I'm looking for something serious put him off?
    Funny you say that because I was going to mention in my last reply that mentioning marriage to a non Muslim early on can put him off but I didn't want to hurt your hopes

You're only acquaintances atm so get to know him a bit more but don't mention marriage in the first year of dating him. We can PM if you want to know more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felamaslen)
    Sure, but they would no longer be religious after a few dates with me.
    Lol.

Only comment which had me lol.

:hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Funny you say that because I was going to mention in my last reply that mentioning marriage to a non Muslim early on can put him off but I didn't want to hurt your hopes

You're only acquaintances atm so get to know him a bit more but don't mention marriage in the first year of dating him. We can PM if you want to know more.
    Haha no you shouldn't worry about that, I prefer honesty. But what if he asks why I haven't dated anyone before if I'm not religious? Should I just say I'm really picky and not elaborate and leave it at that?

ReputationRep:
    Haha no you shouldn't worry about that, I prefer honesty. But what if he asks why I haven't dated anyone before if I'm not religious? Should I just say I'm really picky and not elaborate and leave it at that?
    Yeah that's fine. In fact that'll also compliment him since he'll feel that he's special as you chose him.

Sweet.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's fine. In fact that'll also compliment him since he'll feel that he's special as you chose him.

Sweet.
    Ok thanks for the reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    Lol.

Only comment which had me lol.

:hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You'll turn to freedom and atheism one day.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Would you ever be concerned if a relative or even a sibling was dating a Muslim ?
    My mother has been in a relationship for quite a few years now with a liberal Turkish Muslim. No big deal.

ReputationRep:
    Is it true muslim guys look down more on girls who have dated a non muslim guy in the past than a muslim? Please be honest by the way
    Don't know, I'm not a religious guy, but I assume so, yes...they might assume that you aren't a virgin, or you've been doing other things (apart from sex), but I couldn't care less

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.