The Student Room Group

Should the UK take steps to ensure there is never an Islamic-majority UK population?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Not really. I just would rather not live in a religious theocracy of any kind. I'm not even happy about the church of England being built into the framework of this country's state. I'm also the first to lambast imperialism of any kind.

You do realise this country's foundation originates from Christianity. THIS IS A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY duh...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anarchism101
Bosnian Serb leader in the early 1990s. Claimed that Bosnia seceding from Yugoslavia would result in Bosnia sooner or later becoming an Islamic state governed by Sharia law, because ~45% of Bosnia's population was Muslim at the time. When Bosnian seceded, Karadzic and co began carving out their own Serb mini-state, triggering the Bosnian War and all its horrors.

Incredibly ahistorical view of the Bosnian war. It was far more about ethnic tensions and the resultant loss of Serbian hegemony after Yugoslavia. Croats suffered maniacally too at the behest of Srpska. Your point isn't furthered by coincedental hyperbole.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes. We should. I don't think Muslims belong in Europe till there's a fin de siecle of the current doctrinal view of Islam which has only became more literal (beginning with the Umayyud dispossestion of the Ummah) - "moderate muslims" merely work to give haste to further injustice as it results in a lack of reasoned debate on Islam and its practices. Either the moderates form a independent body in Europe and ostracise the rest of the Ummah (as the rest largely are "radical" ) or they accept they're not adhering to the tenets of Islam in accordance of literalism (which the quaran demands) and abnegate membership based on cultural atavisms.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AntisthenesDogger
Incredibly ahistorical view of the Bosnian war. It was far more about ethnic tensions and the resultant loss of Serbian hegemony after Yugoslavia. Croats suffered maniacally too at the behest of Srpska. Your point isn't furthered by coincedental hyperbole.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know it was very simplistic. I didn't have the time to write (and I expect Rakas didn't have the time or patience to read) a fully detailed account of the Bosnian War just for the sake of an analogy.

Do you disagree that Bosnian Serb leaders like Karadzic scaremongered about the idea of Bosnian Muslims creating an Islamic state in an independent Bosnia in order to win themselves support?
I know it was very simplistic. I didn't have the time to write (and I expect Rakas didn't have the time or patience to read) a fully detailed account of the Bosnian War just for the sake of an analogy.

Do you disagree that Bosnian Serb leaders like Karadzic scaremongered about the idea of Bosnian Muslims creating an Islamic state in an independent Bosnia in order to win themselves support?

I don't. But there's a large chasm between politicising views for demagougery and holding a view with related elements based on rational response. You can be against abortion and not bomb clinics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elhm1800
You do realise this country's foundation originates from Christianity. THIS IS A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY duh...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ye and I'm not happy about it. I'm not a christian.

This country is a bit of a special case though. Rather than have any rigid rules underpinning society we have kind made it up as we go along. Whilst we are not technically a secular country we act much more secular than most other countries.

America on the other hand is technically very secular but has Christianity infecting the very framework of how that country operates.
Original post by AntisthenesDogger
I don't. But there's a large chasm between politicising views for demagougery and holding a view with related elements based on rational response. You can be against abortion and not bomb clinics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True, but in this situation the chain of reasoning is similar - that a Muslim majority population will inevitably mean an Islamic state with Sharia law, and so to prevent this, Muslims must be forcibly removed from the area in question.

There is of course a difference in scale. Republika Srpska of course did a lot more than just forcibly deport the Muslims within their territory, but even if that had been all they'd done, it would still have been an act of ethnic cleansing.
Original post by Rakas21
Evidence?

It seemed obvious to me, but anyway:

According to the Age Structure part of this Wikipedia article, the total live births of all years in the 1990s was 7,492,458 - which obviously is not a majority, and that's ignoring the fact that, sadly, some of those 7 1/2 million died early: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_the_United_Kingdom#Age_structure
I agree with this in part. The fact that only 1 in 5 schools in the UK can do nativitys at Christmas because 'it may offend other religions', I understand it may offend them but that's the religion of the country they have moved to? Christianity is the religion of the UK, I don't think it'll happen any time soon but if it were to become a situation I think we should.
Original post by The Socktor
It seemed obvious to me, but anyway:

According to the Age Structure part of this Wikipedia article, the total live births of all years in the 1990s was 7,492,458 - which obviously is not a majority, and that's ignoring the fact that, sadly, some of those 7 1/2 million died early: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_the_United_Kingdom#Age_structure

Must of misinterpreted you. I thought you were suggesting that white births made up less than 50% of live births in the 90's.
Original post by Chlorophile
Less than 5% of the UK is Muslim. I'm not a Maths graduate but that doesn't look very close to a majority to me.

O
True, but in this situation the chain of reasoning is similar - that a Muslim majority population will inevitably mean an Islamic state with Sharia law, and so to prevent this, Muslims must be forcibly removed from the area in question.

There is of course a difference in scale. Republika Srpska of course did a lot more than just forcibly deport the Muslims within their territory, but even if that had been all they'd done, it would still have been an act of ethnic cleansing.

It's a far more variational bedlam than what you paint. Bosnians are endemic to Bosnia for one; Muslim diaspora in the rest of Europe is not. Bosnians are a large multitude of very syncretic orthodox and Sunni thought, as opposed to the rest. Bosnians have a political structure of bilateral consideration due to the large Christian population. Culturally aren't homogoneized to the Arabization that other Islamic countries have etc etc. If you look at the diaspora I Europe and other countries par Bosnia (look at Albania, that certainly isn't a paragon of close proximity Muslim tolerance and it's only the second "Muslim" nation of two in Europe) it results in sectarianism and institutionally illiberal edicts. Dhimmi status. Jizya. Re-possession of churches. Enforced suzerainty of minorities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by The Socktor

Lol at that video's comments. YouTube hate hate crowd at its finest.
Original post by missfats
And may Allah grant us this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ameen
Original post by Aleon
It's fact, that at current rates of migration and birth rates, the UK will cease to be majority white in 2030, and become Muslim majority in 2050, there are already many towns around the UK and in boroughs of London where this is happening.

The left always bleat on about protecting cultures and promoting diversity, but they are not, they are making every country look like every other country. It's like paint pots, you can have a variety of different colours, across the world, or mix them all together into one sludgy colour and pour them all into pots and then say, oh look how diverse they are, every pot has this same mix.

Islam is taking over, they dominate the middle east, asia and north africa, they are now branching out into Europe, North America.

Beautiful countries like Sweden, are getting completely subsumed, there is no swedish culture, just a multi culture, just like British culture is dying and being replaced by the same multi culti.

First of all, I'm not one of those people who think immigration=racism my, but I do find this unpalatably islamophobic.

I'd like to know where you got that statistic that the UK will become a Muslim majority country in 2050 - I mean give the link not just some anecdote. Because, according to the office of national statistics, of the top 10 countries for UK immigration only one of them (Pakistan) have a Muslim majority population. What's more since Muslims currently only make up 5% of the population, even if they went to 30% of the population that would be an additional 20 million or so Muslims - unless you can give me a link I don't see where they are coming from.

Second of all, you say how Islam is branching out from the Middle-East and North Africa (pretty sure, Asia is Hindu/Buddhist majority by the way but correct me if I'm wrong). But there is not some general agenda that Muslim's have to take over the world. Yes, there are verses in yeah Koran which say how they should spread the Islamic faith but that does not mean that all Muslims follow or believe this - many are liberal (and certainly the one's coming from the top 10 countries immigrating to the UK). For example, the bible also has passages telling Christians to spread the faith such as when Jesus says "Go and make disciples of all nations" (Mark I think) yet you do not see talk of some Christian plan to take over Africa or Asia which are the two largest growing continents for Chistianity.

Finally, I do not agree with sharia law, but could we not put in place laws to prevent human rights violations from whatever religion? Indeed, are these not already in place due to the European court of Human rights? There just seems no reason to specifically make such an anti Islamic law.
Considering how liberal TSR is compared to the general population, i must say that this poll is quite comforting should such an extremity ever occur.
Original post by Rakas21
Considering how liberal TSR is compared to the general population, i must say that this poll is quite comforting should such an extremity ever occur.

Have you even seen the ISOC?? They're mostly self confessed selafis.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
I believe al immigrants to this country after 1980 should be rounded up and sent back to their country of origins, and that includes all offspring of said immigrants. Only then can we ensure muslim never become a majority in this country.
Original post by Thechillyone
I actually grew up in a pretty strict Islamic household! But have you never asked yourself why god would have a problem with Homosexuality for example? Or Adultery? These things you'd think are irrelevant to a being that has created skmething as vast as this Universe singlehandedly and has a neverending life! Also, stoning and amputation are very medieval forms of punishment don't you agree ?

What is that reason? Please don't say Allah said so give me an actual reason from yourself?

Because it is an extremely restrictive Religion and I've never felt like any sound proof was given for me to limit my life to that degree!

Cheers for replying btw:biggrin:

So sorry for the late reply. I was revising for an exam I had and completely forgot about this.

In response to your questions-

You asked why would God have a problem with adultery. Let's put God to one side for a bit. I've yet to come across any human who wouldn't have a problem with their partner committing adultery. Of course a person would be hurt and upset if they found out, it could lead to divorce, break up of family, destroyed homes etc. However, all of this would have no affect on God. Why would God make these laws? It is simply because he is trying to protect us by implementing these laws. It is for our benefit not his.
Homosexuality is also forbidden. You already know that God created Adam and Eve for each other. We could procreate and be raised in a nuclear family etc. There should be no other way.

No I don't think they are medieval forms of punishment. Crime should be taken more seriously, and these days you can see that's certainly not the case when you have these jokes of a sentence been given out. If you're a good person then you have nothing to fear with these punishments.

I'm not too sure how to answer your next question. The Quran was sent down slowly at the time of the Prophet (SAW) and he preserved it. Even after the death of the Prophet, Abu Bakr (RA) used to collect fragments of the Quran and put them together.
As a Muslim I believe the Quran is nothing but the truth so my response to why the Quran hasn't been changed (although it may not satisfy you), would be it's because it's written in the Quran itself-

“Verily, We, it is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Qur’aan) and surely, We will guard it (from corruption)”
[al-Hijr 15:9]

In what way do you feel restricted? Have you read an English translation of the Quran?

No problem.
Original post by HAnwar
So sorry for the late reply. I was revising for an exam I had and completely forgot about this.

In response to your questions-

You asked why would God have a problem with adultery. Let's put God to one side for a bit. I've yet to come across any human who wouldn't have a problem with their partner committing adultery. Of course a person would be hurt and upset if they found out, it could lead to divorce, break up of family, destroyed homes etc. However, all of this would have no affect on God. Why would God make these laws? It is simply because he is trying to protect us by implementing these laws. It is for our benefit not his.
Homosexuality is also forbidden. You already know that God created Adam and Eve for each other. We could procreate and be raised in a nuclear family etc. There should be no other way.

No I don't think they are medieval forms of punishment. Crime should be taken more seriously, and these days you can see that's certainly not the case when you have these jokes of a sentence been given out. If you're a good person then you have nothing to fear with these punishments.

I'm not too sure how to answer your next question. The Quran was sent down slowly at the time of the Prophet (SAW) and he preserved it. Even after the death of the Prophet, Abu Bakr (RA) used to collect fragments of the Quran and put them together.
As a Muslim I believe the Quran is nothing but the truth so my response to why the Quran hasn't been changed (although it may not satisfy you), would be it's because it's written in the Quran itself-

“Verily, We, it is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Qur’aan) and surely, We will guard it (from corruption)”
[al-Hijr 15:9]

In what way do you feel restricted? Have you read an English translation of the Quran?

No problem.

Yes, of course noone likes adultery but I don't know many people who would be willing to kill or lash someone for it! Its so excessive! Also, if God wants the best for us then why doesn't he just prevent anyone from ever doing it ? I mean its not exactly freewill already if youre going to possibly going to get punished in this life and then for another excessively long time in the afterlife so he might aswell just prevent it?

Do I though ? How can God ( providing he exists) expect me to believe that when he has given no proof of his existence or anything else about the 'right' religion?

See thats exactly my point...you believe because you believe is usually the answer and its just not enough! If there is a God then punishing us for not believing something that has zero proof would be cruel. I mean what are we to him then ? A game where everyone whos lucky enough to have parents who believed in him gets to go to paradise forever and everyone else gets the most disgusting punishments ive ever heard of for eternity? Thats just cruel.

Im fluent in Arabic. Understanding it is of course hard even if you can speak arabic but Ive read alot of it and understood it

Good luck with your exams btw:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending