Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Received a conditional offer for Computer Science, anyone know how good it is here?

ReputationRep:
    On a slightly different topic... I've heard the town/night life at Hertfordshire is pretty poor.. It this true? Does it bother anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just went to visit the town today actually, and yeah, it kinda sucked. There's a big shopping outlet centre that's got quite a few restaurants (chiquitos, f&b, pizza express etc.) and a huge 24h Asda, but other than that I couldn't really find anything else. Coming from London myself it seemed really quiet, but to be fair I don't mind that much seeing as central London is so close.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophieru)
    On a slightly different topic... I've heard the town/night life at Hertfordshire is pretty poor.. It this true? Does it bother anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That bothered me too so when I went to my interview I asked some second year students and they said it's actually not that bad. They say that Watford and St Albans are pretty close and they're good for clubbing and things like that so it made me feel a bit better Also, they seemed to really like The Forum and the events there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RadioStudent)
    That bothered me too so when I went to my interview I asked some second year students and they said it's actually not that bad. They say that Watford and St Albans are pretty close and they're good for clubbing and things like that so it made me feel a bit better Also, they seemed to really like The Forum and the events there
    That actually helps to much, thank you! Got really worried that it would be dead in the evenings with nothing to do 🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hercules5)
    Just went to visit the town today actually, and yeah, it kinda sucked. There's a big shopping outlet centre that's got quite a few restaurants (chiquitos, f&b, pizza express etc.) and a huge 24h Asda, but other than that I couldn't really find anything else. Coming from London myself it seemed really quiet, but to be fair I don't mind that much seeing as central London is so close.
    Yeah it's a shame that it's got such a poor town compared to others, you'd a thought it'd be better seeing as it's a uni town!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophieru)
    That actually helps to much, thank you! Got really worried that it would be dead in the evenings with nothing to do 🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was the same😝 I don't want my uni life to be boring😂 I also heard that they do coach trips to clubs in London sometimes so that would be good!

ReputationRep:
    Is freshers any good at herts anyone know? (Priorities? 😂😂) x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessicalsimmsox)
    Is freshers any good at herts anyone know? (Priorities? ����������
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.