Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im doing an EPQ as well. Anyone doing it on Medical Sciences?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exceptional)
    I got an A in mine today (a mark off an A*). It was about Economics, so if anyone needs help tackling a similar topic I'd be glad to assist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello I'm just about to start my economics EPQ. I was just curious how you set out the essay and what tips you have for showing yourself off and if you made notes and how you showed you were thorough. Just any tips for an a* would help thank you

ReputationRep:
    Can someone send/ link me a quality example of the edxcel extended project? I have no idea where to start or how to lay it out. I'm looking for an A/A*.n Thanks, just that we've had 2 lessons and our teachers have been pretty useless

ReputationRep:
    please help, does the EPQ count towards UCAS points if universities want three a levels or equivalent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mande1724)
    please help, does the EPQ count towards UCAS points if universities want three a levels or equivalent.
    It is equivalent to an AS I believe but generally universities don't count it as an A - Level. There are some uni's such as Southampton Uni which reduce your offer if you have an A in the EPQ e.g. AAA to AAB. It is worth 70 UCAS points.

ReputationRep:
    [email protected] can help you with all of your worries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex99981)
    [email protected] can help you with all of your worries.
    [email protected] helped me, to be honest. It's a good service and it gave me lots of good advice at good value. Nice that you're called Alex, too... Haha.

ReputationRep:
    I got an A* (50/50) with AQA and my topic was Economics based so feel free to ask any questions!

ReputationRep:
    My EPQ is on more like social issues which has meant I've had to like research government acts and policies, if anyone has done anything similar how to did you go about writing about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 08hussainf)
    I got an A* (50/50) with AQA and my topic was Economics based so feel free to ask any questions!
    Hello. How did you set out the essay. And do u have any tips for the log book. Or anything extra to get that a*. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex347_)
    Hi, I got my EPQ result today and I got an A*. I'm not here to boast; I thought many of you might like to ask some questions about the qualifications.

I can offer you the best help at [email protected]

I'm writing my EPQ and I was wondering how I would structure it.
    In my introduction is it okay to state why I have chosen the topic, or should it be right on to my actual topic?
    pleassee answer thank you

ReputationRep:
    I am I my final year at school. I am supposed to hand in a first draft of my epq within a week’s time, but I have barely begun. Most of my summer holidays were used up doing various musical activities as I aspire to be a musician. So I have done very little on my EPQ. I am wanting to write about a piece composed by a French composer called Messaien. The problem is I have no idea how to choose my research question for this aspect. I would be really grateful if you could teach me how to come up with a research question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex347_)
    [email protected] helped me, to be honest. It's a good service and it gave me lots of good advice at good value. Nice that you're called Alex, too... Haha.
    His email address does not work for me whenever I try ask for help. Each email I is rejected saying the address does not exist.

ReputationRep:
    Same. My email has failed to send a few times

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on your A* in EPQ-that's amazing I'm doing my EPQ on economics as well and I'm happy with my report but I'm not sure about the log book. Tbh I'm not too sure what you need to include to get a good mark. I have a table which sets out when I plan to do what and whether that actually happened for the time management section. Any advice would be great....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (student))
    Congrats on your A* in EPQ-that's amazing I'm doing my EPQ on economics as well and I'm happy with my report but I'm not sure about the log book. Tbh I'm not too sure what you need to include to get a good mark. I have a table which sets out when I plan to do what and whether that actually happened for the time management section. Any advice would be great....
    Thanks! Anyhow, the log is REALLY important and you must not underestimate it. I would recommend you refer to the markscheme which the exam board will give you and it will have words such as 'detailed' etc so you need to mention names, places etc to add detail to your answers. If you are with AQA I have some A/A* exemplar material for the log book if you want

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody help me with a title for my EPQ? We've meant to have begun our research and come up with a plan over the summer but I have no idea where to start!? I want to do it on Law at this is what I'm going to do at university but I don't know which area... loads of EPQ 'advice' I've been reading says to do it on law reform of a certain area but this is part of the syllabus I'm studying so I can't?
    I was thinking of more controversial areas like sexism in the law but have no clue what question I could go with!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Anyhow, the log is REALLY important and you must not underestimate it. I would recommend you refer to the markscheme which the exam board will give you and it will have words such as 'detailed' etc so you need to mention names, places etc to add detail to your answers. If you are with AQA I have some A/A* exemplar material for the log book if you want
    Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. I will have a look at the markscheme then.
    And yes I'm with AQA so I would really appreciate the exemplar material.

ReputationRep:
    Hi is there any chance I could also have the exemplar material please. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I want to do EPQ preferably on something to do with either the rapid development of South Korea or relations between the two Koreas, however i'm seriously doubting myself about how much outside knowledge i have on it. Is it something you need to have 100% confidence on, and know everything about or is it something that you learn from as you write it. One reason i want to do an EPQ is to expand my knowledge, obviously you need to know about the subject though.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.