Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yes it will be the same exact class

And Ive heard rumours about you guys being introduced to AQA. I am pretty confident the AQA change went through.

But us previous students remain with OCR MEI

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmateurMathsGeek)
    Yes it will be the same exact class

And Ive heard rumours about you guys being introduced to AQA. I am pretty confident the AQA change went through.

But us previous students remain with OCR MEI

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's unfortunate since I already brought the mei books a few months ago xD
    Would have loved to try the more challenging exam board but what can you do.

ReputationRep:
    There was no need as they provide the books for maths.
    They did for us anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmateurMathsGeek)
    There was no need as they provide the books for maths.
    They did for us anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought as much but I wanted to read up on the content earlier. I ended up using them as reference when revising for my gcse FM exam so it wasn't a full waste..

ReputationRep:
    Do LAE provide the books that we need then we return them or do we buy our own books. And if we should buy our own books do they make recommendations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LivToBe)
    Do LAE provide the books that we need then we return them or do we buy our own books. And if we should buy our own books do they make recommendations?
    I did the maths and sciences, and we were only given textbooks for maths and physics. They recommended exam board (OCR) textbooks for biology and chemistry. Don't depend solely depend exam board textbooks though, they tend to have a lot of pointless waffle.

ReputationRep:
    Could you please tell me the type of questions lae asks you

ReputationRep:
    Hey guysss
    Unfortunately I missed the application date for LAE, but I really would like to go. Is it one of those schools where ou can apply on the day with your GCSE results???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnKoWn_AdventurE)
    Hey guysss
    Unfortunately I missed the application date for LAE, but I really would like to go. Is it one of those schools where ou can apply on the day with your GCSE results???
    Yes, but typically you would only be accepted if you have outstanding GCSE results. I'm an LAE student so ask me any questions if you need to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnKoWn_AdventurE)
    Hey guysss
    What are your options? Have you thought about Seven Kings?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would love to know your thoughts considered I am torn between LAE and Woodford. What are the good/bad points? Do you think the people who trash talk it are right to do so?
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    How many people (like percentage) do you think a happy and independent like you at LAE? Or are you a minority? Just interested as I have an offer and am seriously considered going there but it's hard not to be put off by the occasional bad review.
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noura*)
    I'm a student there and let me tell you some of the teachers there are atrocious- fresh out of university and cannot teach. Go to an established school.
    Are all the teachers like that or just a few? What's your opinion on your overall school experience and did you manage to achieve good AS/A2 results in the end?
    Sorry for all the questions just trying to make an informed decision on if I should accept their offer or not?
    Thanks in advance

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.