Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissfully)
    it can do but universities don't tend to have admissions working on weekends so chances of them giving you an offer is pretty low!

you can receive an offer on Friday and have track update on Saturday or something though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that's probably it

ReputationRep:
    nice, you're killing it! where from?
    thanks! Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yorkshire_Lad)
    Congrats. Where from and have you decided where to firm/insure yet?
    Thank you! Bristol, Leeds + Now Nottingham. Unsure where I'm firming yet but leaning towards Leeds. Not sure about insurance, what is the point in insuring if all offers are AAA? I mean, do some unis accept you with A*AB for example?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulagirl15)
    Thank you! Bristol, Leeds + Now Nottingham. Unsure where I'm firming yet but leaning towards Leeds. Not sure about insurance, what is the point in insuring if all offers are AAA? I mean, do some unis accept you with A*AB for example?
    wohoo im from bristol too xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulagirl15)

some unis if you performed well at the interview will even let you in with AAB -my friend got into medicine last year with AAB although it was his firm so i don't know if that fully answers your question on whether insuring a university is pointless

ReputationRep:
    some unis if you performed well at the interview will even let you in with AAB -my friend got into medicine last year with AAB although it was his firm so i don't know if that fully answers your question on whether insuring a university is pointless
    Out of curiousity what uni did he go to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMJ_1996)
    Out of curiousity what uni did he go to?
    UCL

ReputationRep:
    UCL
    Wow that's so impressive as it's A*AA

ReputationRep:
    They only changed it to A*AA last year and it was AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A*AA was only bought in this year as mentioned above

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    wow thank you thats really good to know. Bristol give away places of the people who didn't get the grades to others on results day so I guess it wouldn't be wise to insure them, will probably insure Nottingham in that case

ReputationRep:
    Must be nice having a firm and insurance med school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curtis110)
    Must be nice having a firm and insurance med school
    I know right! I'm just hoping I get one offer!

ReputationRep:
    Got my 3rd offer today from UEA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MollyMcFly1)
    Got my 3rd offer today from UEA
    Where do you think you'll firm?

ReputationRep:
    How old will you be if you start uni this September? I'll only turn 18 in August, but have heard Medical students have a slightly older average age than other courses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's probably because compared to other courses there's a higher proportion of grads and mature non-grads that do the undergrad degree. Or that the grads and non grads are just a lot older but surely the majority will still be Y13 leavers and gap year people, given that most undergrad courses have a set number of grad and/or mature places.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boods8897)
    How old will you be if you start uni this September? I'll only turn 18 in August, but have heard Medical students have a slightly older average age than other courses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where do you think you'll firm?
    Exeter (AAA)! They've been my favourite since I went to the open day last year. Then Keele will be my insurance as they'll accept either AAA or A*AB so I figured I'd kick myself if I came out with A*AB and hadn't insuranced Keele! But I feel really bad about declining UEA as I loved it there as well. Wish I could go to all of them to be honest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MollyMcFly1)
    Exeter (AAA)! They've been my favourite since I went to the open day last year. Then Keele will be my insurance as they'll accept either AAA or A*AB so I figured I'd kick myself if I came out with A*AB and hadn't insuranced Keele! But I feel really bad about declining UEA as I loved it there as well. Wish I could go to all of them to be honest!
    Haha ah I see! Well very happy for you, I'm sure you'll have such a great time wherever you go. Exeter looked lovely when I visited

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.