Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do you wait till after marriage? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My virginity is something I'm proud of and I'll never lose it for anyone except my spouse. I respect myself enough to not sleep around as I can wait till marriage, I can control my desires and I'm not desperate/craving for sex. Personally I think it's disgusting the way people sleep around. Look at all the teenage pregancies, unwanted children, diseases that come from it. What do you gain from it? Not as much as you lose.
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Do you know what? I'm a guy and I'm a virgin and I'm proud to say it. I'm happy with myself for not succumbing to peer pressure or how society thinks that men need to sleep around in order to look cool and tough. I think it's sad how men compete with each other in these worthless things. I have friends who tell me I'm 'missing out' but I don't care. I don't need to sleep around to have fun and never will. I expect my wife to be virgin too and so I'll also keep my side of the bargain. IMO guys who remain virgins till after marriage are the stronger ones as living in a society where there is constant temptation everywhere is extremely difficult, and I praise those who do not give in to those temptations. It takes a LOT of courage to do that. Especially when society is judging you 24/7. Well done for standing up for yourselves
    Finally someone who understands me aha!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I think expecting anyone to wait that long is asking too much.

I mean, in Biblical times you'd meet and get married next week, but now people expect their partners to wait years.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.