Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

To people who DON'T drink alcohol watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    a. I've not found any alcohol that doesn't taste ****. Mainly because alcohol itself tastes rubbish.
    b. I like being in control of myself and being drunk is definitely not me. Drunk people behave stupidly. Not necessarily dangerously, but definitely stupidly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lwin)
    a. I've not found any alcohol that doesn't taste ****. Mainly because alcohol itself tastes rubbish.
    b. I like being in control of myself and being drunk is definitely not me. Drunk people behave stupidly. Not necessarily dangerously, but definitely stupidly.
    What makes you think "drinking" means getting completely utterly ungodly smashed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schrödingers Cat)
    Why?

Aren't you bored of seeing all your friends having a good time on the strip? You say you can have fun without alcohol but when everyone around you is drunk is it not just weird and awkward?

Don't you grow tiresome of the people achieving hedonism by simply engorging in the delicious elixir that is alcohol.

Have you ever let yourself loose and tried it? Being drunk can be really fun if moderated and you can still have a great healthy lifestyle.

Recent studies have actually pointed at alcohol being good for your health if consumed in moderation: http://www.psmag.com/health-and-beha...-healthy-87891

So...... what are you waiting for?

I do drink but only very occasionally however there are reasons i don't

1) I have depression and that plus alcohol never ends well
    2) Even if i'm not feeling depressed at the time i always end up feeling really down when i drink
    3) Its becoming really expensive for drinkers who don't drink Beer or Wine (i'm a cider and spirits guy)
    4) I'm uncomfortable around people are 'bladdo drunk'
    5) Although i can get more huggy when i drink, my "******** side" becomes a little more pronounced (every has a ******** side)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by temporary_user)
    What makes you think "drinking" means getting completely utterly ungodly smashed?
    In my peer group it just kind of seems to mean that. Maybe when i'm 40 wine will be amazing and incredible but till that day i'm not bothered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by temporary_user)
    If you hadn't wasted your life on that video game you could have been at a much better university. Not having dropped maths lol
    Ughh mate, I didn't enjoy maths. So I was happy to drop it. My other A-levels were more appropriate for my education anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lwin)
    How you ever been drunk? If not your opinion in bold is invalid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomsta)
    I do drink but only very occasionally however there are reasons i don't

1) I have depression and that plus alcohol never ends well
    2) Even if i'm not feeling depressed at the time i always end up feeling really down when i drink
    3) Its becoming really expensive for drinkers who don't drink Beer or Wine (i'm a cider and spirits guy)
    4) I'm uncomfortable around people are 'bladdo drunk'
    5) Although i can get more huggy when i drink, my "******** side" becomes a little more pronounced (every has a ******** side)
    Spirits are cheaper than beer or wine on getting drunk :sly:

ReputationRep:
    Spirits are cheaper than beer or wine on getting drunk :sly:
    Not in mixers they arn't, i don't do straight spirits much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomsta)
    Not in mixers they arn't, i don't do straight spirits much
    What mixers are you using?

A 2 litre bottle of coke is £1.75.....

ReputationRep:
    What mixers are you using?

A 2 litre bottle of coke is £1.75.....
    Cpt. Morgan Spiced and coke is like £4 in every bar i go to

Dissarano and coke is about teh same

ReputationRep:
    well actually no it isn't because plenty of my good friends act completely differently when they're drunk so i know that anyway. As it goes, I have been drunk and it was not hugely fun. Not horrible or anything, just not fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    I'm 15. :indiff:

Posted from TSR Mobile

so you've been able to drink for 10 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lwin)
    well actually no it isn't because plenty of my good friends act completely differently when they're drunk so i know that anyway. As it goes, I have been drunk and it was not hugely fun. Not horrible or anything, just not fun.
    My point exactly, everyone is different when their drunk so you can't assume you won't like it. Interesting, maybe you were too drunk but that's cool

ReputationRep:
    Wait... So what about all the people who've posted who have been drunk and still say it's a sh*tty experience that they'd rather not have?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShyBrown)
    Wait... So what about all the people who've posted who have been drunk and still say it's a sh*tty experience that they'd rather not have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Then that's fair enough...

But most people who say "oh I don't like being out of control and being drunk is stupid" have never been drunk before, you included

ReputationRep:
    Then that's fair enough...

But most people who say "oh I don't like being out of control and being drunk is stupid" have never been drunk before, you included
    Okay, then why does someone have to experience something themselves in order to know they don't want to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My point exactly, everyone is different when their drunk so you can't assume you won't like it. Interesting, maybe you were too drunk but that's cool
    Honestly i'm not trying to demonise people for drinking. I don't think it's that good, but people gonna do what they're gonna do. I just don't like it when people don't return the courtesy and start questioning me and being kind of condescending. That's uncool.
    I definitely was too drunk. I am a complete lightweight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShyBrown)
    Okay, then why does someone have to experience something themselves in order to know they don't want to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you really just ask this?

Reminds me of a child saying he doesn't like a vegetable when he's never tried it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lwin)
    Honestly i'm not trying to demonise people for drinking. I don't think it's that good, but people gonna do what they're gonna do. I just don't like it when people don't return the courtesy and start questioning me and being kind of condescending. That's uncool.
    I definitely was too drunk. I am a complete lightweight.
    That's fine, I just don't like it when people complain and say it's bad when they've never even touched a drink.

I wasn't interrogating you I just wanted to know why people don't drink, I'm not being judgmental just curious.

Haha yeah that happens the first time you drink :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Lol really? That's it? At least you lift, what can you bench, dead lift and squat?
    That's all mate

I'm no pro-weightlifter and I've not been doing it that long (a year?) but:

DL - 300lbs
    Squat - 240lbs
    Overhead press - 140lbs

Height 5'5, weight 170lbs.

Dunno what I Bench because I train with free-weights from home.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.