Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Oh right, that makes sense :ahee: Is it something happening at all UK uni's then or just where you are? :holmes:
    GAAAA-HAHAHAAAAAAA-RAAAGAAAAAHAAARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAa-

:unimpressed:
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Well, all Unis are required to do it I think :curious: . There was a situation a couple of years ago when the police rescinded the visa rights of a London University because it was found to be being abused. There was an outcry as it damaged legitimate students as well as the fraudulent ones and I think this came about because of it
    Oh wow! :zomg: How come it's about 4 hours then, the whole event? :holmes:

GAAAA-HAHAHAAAAAAA-RAAAGAAAAAHAAARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAa-

:unimpressed:
    Heeeeey, what's up?

Have some hugs :hugs:
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    Oh wow! :zomg: How come it's about 4 hours then, the whole event? :holmes:
    Naah. The actual monitoring point is an hour's meeting. But it takes time to travel on to campus and back, plus I needed to go shopping and have some dinner :lol:

Heeeeey, what's up?

Have some hugs :hugs:
    Just needed to release the pent-up keyboard warrior-ness in me before someone got verbally hurt . I feel much better now
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    Naah. The actual monitoring point is an hour's meeting. But it takes time to travel on to campus and back, plus I needed to go shopping and have some dinner :lol:
    That makes sense :lol: Hope it all went smoothly and everything. :awesome:

Just needed to release the pent-up keyboard warrior-ness in me before someone got verbally hurt . I feel much better now
    I see :rofl: Glad it helped though. I'll get involved in the discussion properly on the thread soon if that's what you're referring to.

ReputationRep:
    they start so young...
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    That makes sense :lol: Hope it all went smoothly and everything. :awesome:

I see :rofl: Glad it helped though. I'll get involved in the discussion properly on the thread soon if that's what you're referring to.
    How's everything going with you today?

Also, I haven't asked you today - how's the dissertation going?! :awesome:
    I had to re-do my table of contents this morning . For such a small part of the document, it's one that causes so much pain and heart ache :lol: . But it's going okay :yep: . Just turning my second draft of introduction into a flowing story now though

(Original post by guitaristemily)
    they start so young...
    What do you mean? .

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean? .
    i mean that the threads are getting younger and younger. as in the poeple in them...

im in year 11.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    (Original post by guitaristemily)
    i mean that the threads are getting younger and younger. as in the poeple in them...

im in year 11.
    Pfft. I'm in my fourth year of uni . Just because the threads are getting younger, doesn't mean the people are
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    How's everything going with you today?
    I'm pretty good today, thanks, much better than I was yesterday :lol: Still a bit annoyed about the stuff that's going down that we've been talking about on the other thread today and yesterday but we'll all get through it I think. How're you? :awesome:

I had to re-do my table of contents this morning . For such a small part of the document, it's one that causes so much pain and heart ache :lol: . But it's going okay :yep: . Just turning my second draft of introduction into a flowing story now though
    Ah damn! Do you have to go through the whole dissertation then, find the titles and add them one by one? Haha, good, I bet it'll be amazing.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by keromedic)
    Wow. Soon there will be a year 5 thread .
    wouldn't be surprised.. :giggle:
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    xx
    Since the Year 9s aren't clued up on their politics, I can openly talk here about logo changes :ninja: . Did you follow the General Election last night? :ahee:

Also, I need a new logo :holmes: . Whilst the current popular opinion is to hate on the Tories, it won't be long before the anger settles and people turn on the unfortunate Lib Dem supporters

How's it going with you anyway? . I haven't received a PM off you for a while, so I'm assuming it's all going wonderful! :awesome:
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    Since the Year 9s aren't clued up on their politics, I can openly talk here about logo changes :ninja: . Did you follow the General Election last night? :ahee:

Also, I need a new logo :holmes: . Whilst the current popular opinion is to hate on the Tories, it won't be long before the anger settles and people turn on the unfortunate Lib Dem supporters

How's it going with you anyway? . I haven't received a PM off you for a while, so I'm assuming it's all going wonderful! :awesome:
    Oooooh I don't know, some Year 9s who I was with a few years ago were very vocal about their political stances :ahee: I did! I'm rather indifferent to the result tbh. How did you feel about it?

A new logo eh? :holmes: Haha, true. :lol:

It's going very well thanks and yeah, no news is usually good news :lol: My brother had his last day as a Year 11 today so he starts his GCSEs next week. He's told me all sorts of weird and wonderful things that people have gotten up to on their last day...some people can be right idiots, seriously. :facepalm: How are things in Nirgilis's world? Dissertation almost finished?
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    Oooooh I don't know, some Year 9s who I was with a few years ago were very vocal about their political stances :ahee: I did! I'm rather indifferent to the result tbh. How did you feel about it?

A new logo eh? :holmes: Haha, true. :lol:

It's going very well thanks and yeah, no news is usually good news :lol: My brother had his last day as a Year 11 today so he starts his GCSEs next week. He's told me all sorts of weird and wonderful things that people have gotten up to on their last day...some people can be right idiots, seriously. :facepalm: How are things in Nirgilis's world? Dissertation almost finished?
    I meant a new avatar :facepalm: . When I finish work for the night, I might go on an avatar hunt

My dissertation's going okay thanks :yep: . Did a proper, full word count and currently sitting on 7,422, which is a whole 1,078 short of what I need :lol: . So I'm getting back to work :work:

Isn't your brother's birthday soon? :awesome:
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    I meant a new avatar :facepalm: . When I finish work for the night, I might go on an avatar hunt

My dissertation's going okay thanks :yep: . Did a proper, full word count and currently sitting on 7,422, which is a whole 1,078 short of what I need :lol: . So I'm getting back to work :work:

Isn't your brother's birthday soon? :awesome:
    Oh right, I did wonder what you meant but thought I'd missed something. :lol: I like the new avatar. Even better to see that it's a gif :awesome:

Good! Haha, you'll get there soon, not too far off now! :awesome: Make sure you quote me or something when you finish it.

It was his birthday yesterday! :awesome: I think he had a good day...I went shopping though (my mum makes me do it ever since I passed my driving test ) and guess what? Out of all the things I could have forgotten, I forgot to collect the cake :facepalm: Now to plan for my sister's birthday which is in 5 days. Then to plan for mine which will be 12 days after that.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad

I am talking on a thread about the election. I wouldn't call myself a Politic-Nerd but I have interests, I just like arguing lol.
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by MrMackyTv)
    I am talking on a thread about the election. I wouldn't call myself a Politic-Nerd but I have interests, I just like arguing lol.
    What did you think of the result?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    What did you think of the result?
    I was shocked. I thought that there would have been a hung parliament, not a majority. Labour did very bad, not suprised that the two parties that did quite bad (labour and lib dems) party leaders resigned. I wasn't expecting Nigel to resign but I don't support UKIP so... and Green votes are better and they are getting more audience, small party but their voice is being heard and most of the policies I strongly believe in. I would probably have voted Green yesterday.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    (Original post by MrMackyTv)
    :lol: . Good for you . I had 0 political interest until I could vote when I was 18 :lol: . It was wrong for me to assume it would be the same for everybody else

Oh right, I did wonder what you meant but thought I'd missed something. :lol: I like the new avatar. Even better to see that it's a gif :awesome:

Good! Haha, you'll get there soon, not too far off now! :awesome: Make sure you quote me or something when you finish it.

It was his birthday yesterday! :awesome: I think he had a good day...I went shopping though (my mum makes me do it ever since I passed my driving test ) and guess what? Out of all the things I could have forgotten, I forgot to collect the cake :facepalm: Now to plan for my sister's birthday which is in 5 days. Then to plan for mine which will be 12 days after that.
    Haha! Thanks . It's really difficult to find good animated avatars. This may be a place-holder, who knows . AJ has posted a load of nice ones on the Anime Chat Thread, so will flick through them

Got anything planned for your sister's birthday then?
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    xx
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    xx
    :ninja:

Apparently, Year 9's are busier than most Year 11s, 12s and 13s this year and have abandoned their thread . Fancy helping me with a ''revival party''?

I suggest the following for the ''Revival party playlist'':

Anything from Frozen
    Anything by Take That
    Anything by S Club 7
    Anything ever sung on Eurovision
    Any Disney songs.

Your turn :awesome:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I'll start with this:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.