The Student Room Group

The 2015 Six Nations Thread

Scroll to see replies

The coin fell into the bottom of the bin.

I feel this is a sign. Seems like I'm going to be neutral. I'll be happy whoever wins.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 141
Original post by Obiejess
Seems like I'm going to be neutral.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I don't support one team or another, I'll often support either the underdogs or the attacking side. More usually the attacking side (my sister would support the underdogs every time).

Although I would support England over the other team each time.
Crisis: Don't know whether to support Ireland or England.

Live in England, and was born here, but all my family are Irish and my last name is O'Brien ffs.

Crisis here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Once the game is playing you will know who you support. Where you were born, family and name isn't important, you will just want one team to win over the other.

If it helps, I was born in Ireland and all my family are Irish but I support England.
Really unlucky for Scotland there, but the penalty try was the right call. From the team that almost beat the All Blacks in November, they are now rock bottom of the Six Nations
The Italian team and fans celebrating that win is the best thing I've witnessed in a while. :smile:
Reply 145
Think Scotland have a big enough cutlery drawer for all those wooden spoons they have accumulated by now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The coin fell into the bottom of the bin.

I feel this is a sign. Seems like I'm going to be neutral. I'll be happy whoever wins.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was born in England and now live in N.Ireland, my family is Irish but our surname is Scottish. :smile:

(I support Ireland, btw.)

I'd stay neutral for tomorrow's match, especially since the Irish ladies won against the England ladies, and after last year over how Ireland won the 6 Nations, it's gonna be a tough match.
Original post by CescaD96
The Italian team and fans celebrating that win is the best thing I've witnessed in a while. :smile:

Back when they beat France in 2011 will take some beating to be honest.

Original post by O133
Back when they beat France in 2011 will take some beating to be honest.

Very true. That was brilliant. :smile:
Unfortunate to Scotland, but I'm still kinda happy for Italy. It's not them getting the wooden spoon this year.
Regret giving up rugby now. I could have easily got into this useless scotland team
England look shell shocked

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still very much neutral.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty sure rugby shorts are getting tighter each year.
Ideal :biggrin: Irish fully deserved that. Roll on the next contestant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Confession : After about 30 mins I wanted Ireland to win.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really poor from some members of the England team - Nowell, Twelvetrees, Attwood, I'm looking at you guys...
Watched Ireland England today and Ireland France last week.

The rules of rugby need to be changed. The game has become dangerous. No concussion bin or return to play protocols will solve the problem. You can't allow players to tackle with the head leading (Bastearaud on Sexton) or carry leading with the head (Dan Cole on Cian Healy today) or elbow or shoulder (Sean O Brien- all the time).

It's not OK for rugby to carry on as is and dump the concussion issue at the feet of Doctors and Physios and say- "here, you deal with it". International rugby must be averaging nearly more than one concussion a match now and that is not an acceptable state of affairs.
Reply 158
Original post by DK_Tipp

The rules of rugby need to be changed. The game has become dangerous. No concussion bin or return to play protocols will solve the problem. You can't allow players to tackle with the head leading (Bastearaud on Sexton) or carry leading with the head (Dan Cole on Cian Healy today) or elbow or shoulder (Sean O Brien- all the time).

It's not OK for rugby to carry on as is and dump the concussion issue at the feet of Doctors and Physios and say- "here, you deal with it". International rugby must be averaging nearly more than one concussion a match now and that is not an acceptable state of affairs.

I think the graphs at the top of this article are quite telling. 10.5 reported concussions per 1,000 playing hours (equates to 750 full matches).

I'm aware that there is a major problem with concussion, but with the coverage it's getting the situation should only improve. From what I've seen clubs are also getting in on the act - Saracens, for example, have started monitoring players during the game to check both big hits and small but repeated impacts. Of course it's not enough yet, and it would be nice to see a sport where concussions are far more limited, but it's progress. But of course if someone does get concussed it's only sensible to stop them playing that match.

Of course we want to avoid repeats of the George North incident (in the Wales-England match) but players are usually assessed well and the incident was more of an exception than a rule.
Original post by DK_Tipp

How can you blame Cole for that collision? That is completely down to Healy getting himself in the wrong position.

Quick Reply

Latest