shannonmills97
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by subject1)
Tbh I think with Geog4b it is less about "revising" and more about "swimming in the booklet" (sorry can't think of a better analogy)

It is less about learning the facts and figures but more about how you would evaluate the situation and justifying it. There isn't really a way of revising for it because you do not know the questions.
Do you think its fine to just look over the data and my extra notes to come to conclusions they day before then? I have an idea on the key issues, but honestly I just do not have the time and its kinda stressing me out.. I really need a B this year in geog, but I'm hoping my AS resit will help that
thelaughingsam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks for the support people youre right its more about the evaluation of the questions more than anything. Ive got soo many resources to use when the time comes but I just dont want to panic about it when it comes to going over everthing in two weeks time thats all
Mutmit287
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shannonmills97)
Do you think its fine to just look over the data and my extra notes to come to conclusions they day before then? I have an idea on the key issues, but honestly I just do not have the time and its kinda stressing me out.. I really need a B this year in geog, but I'm hoping my AS resit will help that
Im not looking at GEOG4B until my other exams are over, as I have a 2 days gap inbetween my last biology exam and GEOG4B (which is my last ever A-level exam) and in this time I will do practice questions.

your better focussing more on geog3 for now as it has a greater weighting and is much more complicated!
subject1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shannonmills97)
I think you just need to remember the key issues and key words for each theme. Remember you get the AIB in the exam so you can just always use your AIB for reminders unlike Geog3. Ask your school whether you are allowed to write on it, because if you can, do it whilst you are doing the exam! This will help to get down your ideas. however, if you are doing a plan REMEMBER to put it on the answer booklet because it can get marked!
tsr9002
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anybody know if we should mention when we are using extra research? should we give a source when we do?
nobbbly
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tsr9002)
Does anybody know if we should mention when we are using extra research? should we give a source when we do?
The last question on the paper tends to be an 'outside reading' question and it's usually very obvious that it wants you to talk about things other than in the booklet. Other than that, extra research will help fill out an answer but isn't crucial.
It can't hurt to quote a source too!
tsr9002
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What do people think are the main Social, political, economic, environmental and demographic issue for the Kenyan Health Service? I have a list I made a while ago which I will share when I'm back home but I'm not too confident in it. Would also be great to get some extra detail for it or see other people's viewpoints. thanks.
Velocity_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  95.3 KBSo these were the examinations which someone took a picture of on Twitter somehow of the rewritten exams. It includes this unit... If u didn't know, an AQA van was stolen including those papers, they were rewritten so the original questions won't be on it now. Do you think it could be harder? Surely there would have been a lot of maps... Hmm
Bunny2014
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Velocity_)
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  95.3 KBSo these were the examinations which someone took a picture of on Twitter somehow of the rewritten exams. It includes this unit... If u didn't know, an AQA van was stolen including those papers, they were rewritten so the original questions won't be on it now. Do you think it could be harder? Surely there would have been a lot of maps... Hmm
I saw this too, i hope it doesn't get harder xxx
tsr9002
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Item 4 talks about a report set out of the Kenyan government in 2005. Can anyone find this anywhere? I've looked for ages now and had no luck (I've found reports from 2005 but they don't seem to fit the description of what is discussed, e.g. there's no 'section 6' etc etc. Is it deliberately not named so we don't get the report or????
Bunny2014
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey

Hope the exam went well for everyone Bring on GEOG4B !!

Any predictions?? xx
Salts
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello!
I haven't started revising for this paper and am now in need of desperate help!

If anyone has any great resources or just an overview of what I need to know for the paper on Friday, and any tips etc I would be so grateful to see!! Anything and everything is welcome
Bunny2014
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Salts)
Hello!
I haven't started revising for this paper and am now in need of desperate help!

If anyone has any great resources or just an overview of what I need to know for the paper on Friday, and any tips etc I would be so grateful to see!! Anything and everything is welcome
Have you looked at the zig zag book?? xxx

Also, how did you find the exam today?? What topics did you do? xx
Salts
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bunny2014)
Have you looked at the zig zag book?? xxx

Also, how did you find the exam today?? What topics did you do? xx
No I have nothing...only went to one lesson today in preparation...luckily have a few more this week. Is it a bit late to get that book...or is it online?

Basically I am in the A2 year, but picked up geography AS this year and they put us all in for the A2 skills paper, as the field work is fresh in our minds rather than doing it next year, so I didn't sit the test today (hope it went well for you though!!!)
xx
Bunny2014
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Salts)
No I have nothing...only went to one lesson today in preparation...luckily have a few more this week. Is it a bit late to get that book...or is it online?

Basically I am in the A2 year, but picked up geography AS this year and they put us all in for the A2 skills paper, as the field work is fresh in our minds rather than doing it next year, so I didn't sit the test today (hope it went well for you though!!!)
xx
Its a booklet that I think teachers are supposed to hand out, so it might be worth asking your teacher, if not i can send some pictures to you?? xxx

Thanks, it was alright i guess xxx
lemxn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I haven't looked at geo4 stuff for about 2 weeks so I hope 3 days is enough to learn enough! Has anyone been given practice exam style questions which they don't mind sharing?
coronatheatre
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
12 marker on how transport infrasture will benefit the health of kenya in the future. for 12 marks, what pointers should be included?
Soph567
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone have a few questions their teachers have set? Would really appreciate it as ours haven't set any and I'd like to get some practice in
coronatheatre
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
'To what extent are Kenya likely to achieve the MDGs?' 15 marks
Could someone please help me answer this? I've been focussing on it for a while don't know if am on the right path!! thanks a lot.
GeographyAdam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Let
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.61%
No I haven't decided yet (50)
22.32%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.07%

Watched Threads