This discussion is closed.
DiddyDec
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by young_guns)
Nice ad hominem there. Bring up his sexuality. That's pretty ****ing low
Not really, that is the reason he doesn't like Islam and its followers.
young_guns
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Not really, that is the reason he doesn't like Islam and its followers.
Can you provide a link to him saying "I hate Islam because I'm gay"?

By the way, it wouldn't in and of itself be weird for a gay man to find Islam objectionable given all the countries in the world that execute gay people simply for their sexuality are Islamic countries, and that the worst oppression of gay people occurs in Islamic states.

If there was a homosexual state that executed Muslims for their religion, I'm guessing that most Muslims would not have a problem saying they find gay people objectionable for that reason. When a group is killing your brethren merely for who they are (and for a trait you share), it would be understandable to have a problem with it
Daenerys...
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm going to take a step back because I'm being attacked from ALL angles.
Skip_Snip
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by s.a.u)
Accept that Chapel Hill was an atheist terrorist attack.
No it wasn't. His neighbours kept stealing his parking space, and as he was mentally unbalanced he killed them.
young_guns
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PopaPork)
I said I have Islam as it is homophobic and I also hate those that choose to follow this homophobic faith (what do you expect me to do with those who would kill me for being me? but don't say bend over for them or accept them with open arms)
Word.

If there was a homosexual state that was imprisoning and executing Muslims for their religion, and all over the world Muslims were being harassed and attacked (even murdered) by gay people, then I doubt most Muslims would have a problem saying they object to that and dislike gay people for it.

It is not weird or bizarre that a gay person would find people who are killing his brethren merely for their sexuality, for having a trait he shares, that he would find the ideological banner under which those people march to be despicable
young_guns
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Daenerys...)
You are not being attacked, your arguments are being (quite effectively and comprehensively) criticised and debunked.

Most of your arguments are bogus. With this case alone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Allen_Muhammad) I demonstrated its shaky foundation.
PopaPork
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Word.

If there was a homosexual state that was imprisoning and executing Muslims for their religion, and all over the world Muslims were being harassed and attacked (even murdered) by gay people, then I doubt most Muslims would have a problem saying they object to that and dislike gay people for it.

It is not weird or bizarre that a gay person would find people who are killing his brethren merely for their sexuality, for having a trait he shares, that he would find the ideological banner under which those people march to be despicable
Apparently I''m bigot because I refuse to accept with open arms those that choose to follow a faith that would kill me for being me.

Funny old world and all that
PopaPork
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's because you are wrong

welcome to the real world
TurboCretin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, OP, people tend to be quick to judge Muslims who intentionally crash planes. It may not be rational, but past experience causes people to jump to conclusions in that scenario.

The fact is that Muslims are targeted too often. That doesn't excuse jumping to conclusions about this guy.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can you provide a link to him saying "I hate Islam because I'm gay"?

By the way, it wouldn't in and of itself be weird for a gay man to find Islam objectionable given all the countries in the world that execute gay people simply for their sexuality are Islamic countries, and that the worst oppression of gay people occurs in Islamic states.

If there was a homosexual state that executed Muslims for their religion, I'm guessing that most Muslims would not have a problem saying they find gay people objectionable for that reason. When a group is killing your brethren merely for who they are (and for a trait you share), it would be understandable to have a problem with it
Go and take a look at this thread. You can draw your own conclusions from his posts, but to me it is quite clear that his disdain for Islam comes from their homophobic ideology.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3224239&page=2

I don't see why you are being so defensive over the subject.
queen-bee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That would be because they are. Perhaps you can point out a "white" (as you so racistly put it) terrorist group that has been as persistent, widespread and destructive as Al-Qaeda or ISIS.

The fact, whether you can deal with it or not, is that Muslims commit far more terrorist acts than any other religious group.

There's no question that Islamist terrorists enjoy substantial, if not necessarily majority, support in the Muslim world. Furthermore, while not supporting violence expressly there is a further demographic of Muslims who buy into this Muslim victimhood narrative of Islam always being under attack (ironic given it is overwhelmingly Muslims who are carrying out the atrocities, suicide bombings etc)

Can you point out a single example where a "white terrorist" has not properly been labelled a terrorist? Also, Muslim gunmen are called gunmen/murderers when that is what they are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Allen_Muhammad

I have basically just completely debunked you. You should really try to throw off this conspiratorial victimhood narrative. The whole world is not out to get Muslims, we're not trying to oppress them, we're not secretly waging a crusade because subconsciously fear Islam is true.

We are fighting a war against an Islamist terrorist tendency which thrives on the same victimhood narrative that you are so happy to perpetuate, despite its total lack of foundation in fact and sanity. Indirectly, it is people like you who create the ideological swamp out of which Jihadi Johns and the ISIS schoolgirls emerge
Lol,ideological swamp? Because I'm an arab you suddenly jump to the conclusion that I'm a muslim?

I'm just saying it how it is. We never hear the words terrorist used in the majority of cases when it comes to whites commiting similar crimes as other ethnic groups. The perfect example I used was that of an arab pilot. Even if he wasn't a muslim most people would've still jumped to the conclusion that he was a 'terrorist' just because that's what we have been conditioned to believe. So does that mean every muslim who commits an act of crime should be labeled a terrorist?
I'm guessing you think that when white person commits an act of terror you would probably be one of those people to jump to the conclusion that he was mentally ill and that it's not in the nature of a certain demographic to do such a thing.
queen-bee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am.

Last time I asked that you said NO you are not (wasn't I the one saying you were:rolleyes:)

So why don't you make your mind up

It seems your country of choice is like you picking a coat to wear 'it depends on the weather'
Sorry to break it to you but I am not leaving to go back to Syria anytime soon. I quite like it here :mmm:
TurboCretin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think it's more that what you're saying is being attacked.
young_guns
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can draw your own conclusions from his posts, but to me it is quite clear that his disdain for Islam comes from their homophobic ideology.
Cool. As I said above, even if he holds such a view I can totally empathise with it. It's not at all unreasonable, in the same way a Jewish person in the 1930s might find the British fascists quite objectionable due to what is happening to his brethren in Germany

I don't see why you are being so defensive over the subject.
Is it defensive? Really?

When someone says that, it automatically makes them sound defensive. So I have to ask, why are you getting your panties in a bunch over the fact his objection to Islam relates to his sexuality?
PopaPork
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by queen-bee)
Sorry to break it to you but I am not leaving to go back to Syria anytime soon. I quite like it here :mmm:
I don't have issue with that it was you who claimed you were not British to start with so it seems you've changed your coat which is fine

All we need to work on now is that chip and your blatant racism. Unless you have now had a change of heart and would date a 'white' guy
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Cool. As I said above, even if he holds such a view I can totally empathise with it. It's not at all unreasonable, in the same way a Jewish person in the 1930s might find the British fascists quite objectionable due to what is happening to his brethren in Germany

Is it defensive? Really?

When someone says that, it automatically makes them sound defensive. So I have to ask, why are you getting your panties in a bunch over the fact his objection to Islam relates to his sexuality? What that specifically?
At what point did I say his view was unjustified?
s.a.u
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Cowan)
The point that people labelled him a terrorist, because he was actually a terrorist?
No, the point being that if the Germanwings pilot was Muslim, without any proof of extremist motives, he would immediately been labelled a terrorist, and all would consider him as such. In the eyes of the media and public, simply being Muslim would be seen as evidence enough.
queen-bee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't have issue with that it was you who claimed you were not British to start with so it seems you've changed your coat which is fine

All we need to work on now is that chip and your blatant racism. Unless you have now had a change of heart and would date a 'white' guy
The only racist here that seems to have an issue with ethnic minorities is you. UKIP really is the party for you.
queen-bee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by s.a.u)
No, the point being that if the Germanwings pilot was Muslim, without any proof of extremist motives, he would immediately been labelled a terrorist, and all would consider him as such. In the eyes of the media and public, simply being Muslim would be seen as evidence enough.
Finally someone with some common sense,yet they would try to deny it
young_guns
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
At what point did I say his view was unjustified?
Why then would it be raised at all? Clearly the other commenter felt that his view on Islam as it related to his sexuality invalidated his views on this thread
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (114)
66.28%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.35%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.37%

Watched Threads