Turn on thread page Beta

Doctors are not paid enough watch

ReputationRep:
    I'll be glad when tuition fees are raised to £12k since that would help deter the money-grabbers from med school. That's just because public healthcare is a serious issue.

Also, I'll be quite happy when I start IB after just 3 years of study (final year student), because at least I'm not pretending that I want to help people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Most Competitive)
    I'll be glad when tuition fees are raised to £12k since that would help deter the money-grabbers from med school. That's just because public healthcare is a serious issue.

Also, I'll be quite happy when I start IB after just 3 years of study (final year student), because at least I'm not pretending that I want to help people.
    Someone is projecting hard.

ReputationRep:

This is absolute rubbish people do jobs for money all of them whether it is cleaning or being a lawyer no one will do anything for free they maybe enjoy doing it but no one does anything for free. Docotors may enjoy their job but they want money so they do this job no one does anything for free. As well as doctors deserve that pay or the nhs should be private. i hate that people expect you to do something for free because you enjoy it. Everyone expects doctors do do things for free and slave away calling them at 3 am they are tired but still come isnt that enough they deserve the money they work holidays weekends nights in the office they don't do that what do you want more??? Doctors are not perfect ok they are their to diagnose you just because they want moey it does not mean they won't do it properly many who do not want money don't do their job properly.

ReputationRep:

Most people who study medicine are from middle class families and people who want to be doctors are really unlikely to be too distressed about high fees. When fees increased from 3 grand to 9 grand it didn't decrease the number of students wanting to go into medicine, if anything it's increased. A lot of people enter medicine for the wrong reasons, but they will also ultimately care for people. There's nothing wrong with going into a profession if it means you'll be able to afford a decent lifestyle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absorbaloff)
    Most people who study medicine are from middle class families and people who want to be doctors are really unlikely to be too distressed about high fees. When fees increased from 3 grand to 9 grand it didn't decrease the number of students wanting to go into medicine, if anything it's increased. A lot of people enter medicine for the wrong reasons, but they will also ultimately care for people. There's nothing wrong with going into a profession if it means you'll be able to afford a decent lifestyle.
    I agree because no one will go through all this trouble to be paid an average salary as they may as well choose a job at the office or something which does not need a degree or is only 3 years of studying to be honest for example business or economics.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.