The Student Room Group

How did your exam go?? The epic 2015 GCSE exam discussion thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Clintbarton
Ridiculously easy. Once you master the art bs'ing you can get A's in RS and english. The mark schemes literally say 'they may say this but give marks if you think it's right.' WJEC also ask the same questions almost every year.

Exactly lmao. I done rs too and it was really easy.
Original post by Chandan1998
ARGH ive got b2 and b3 tomorrow! with french listening and reading :frown:

My brother's got that combination too tomorrow. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by bamboolie
Darwin vs. Lamark? I haven't revised that at all! Though now you say it... does seem quite likely.

I think there might be a question on vaccines, but that should be alright. Maybe something about kidneys and negative feedback?

Any ideas for B1 6 markers?

Yeah I'm thinking memory cells, homeostasis, adaptation, the heart and blood vessels, and a stem cell 6MQ for B1 (maybe on therapeutic cloning?)

If not stem cells, then probably implications of genetic testing - it seems to come up EVERY year (3 past papers since 2012 when the new spec came out)
first eam tomorrow - got biology b1 for gcse, edxcel.
Original post by bamboolie
Not a clue, sorry! I'm doing ocr 21st century- hopefully that's not a part of my exam board?

oh im doing edexcel thats why! thank you anyway and good luck!
28 exams and no study leave.. i love my school.....:angry::angry:
Im dreading my exams next year just by reading all your comments lol
Original post by h8skoooooool
Yeah I'm thinking memory cells, homeostasis, adaptation, the heart and blood vessels, and a stem cell 6MQ for B1 (maybe on therapeutic cloning?)

If not stem cells, then probably implications of genetic testing - it seems to come up EVERY year (3 past papers since 2012 when the new spec came out)

I hope implications do come up, I've looked at those quite a bit. I'm not sure if Huntingdon's disease and cystic fibrosis will come up much this year though, they've been on the papers quite often too.

Good luck for tomorrow! :h:
Original post by camillexx
oh im doing edexcel thats why! thank you anyway and good luck!

You too :h:
Original post by mxskaan
did you do wjec b religion and life issues because that also had a vocation question and I had no idea how to answer it!

Yeah!! I kinda bluffed through it though saying stuff like you will feel close to god nd stuff but I don't think I'm gonna get any marks tho haha :colondollar:

What exam do you have next? I hae biology AQA unit 2 and 3 tomorrow :redface:
I wish everyone the best of luck 😄
in total i have 28 exams :/

Damn! How many GCSEs are you taking in total? I only have 24 and I'm not doing an exam for one of my subject either. I took art so I've already finished it.
Original post by electric33
I know I agree I've done revision for this exam but I hope the exam isn't hard because then I'll be really stuck :frown:

what do you think the 6 marks are gonna be?
Argh I've got OCR 21st Century GCSE Biology tomorrow and I'm feeling nervous (obviously) and excited for some reason? No clue why but ehh... revised hard so I'm physically prepared just not mentally. Has anyone else got it?
biology and french tomorrow:s-smilie::s-smilie:

What exam board are you doing? I'm on OCR 21st century science!!!!
Anyone do Cambridge ICT in April??? Find it Easy?
Original post by abbeyjayne
Argh I've got OCR 21st Century GCSE Biology tomorrow and I'm feeling nervous (obviously) and excited for some reason? No clue why but ehh... revised hard so I'm physically prepared just not mentally. Has anyone else got it?

I have OCR Science and Edexcel French tomorrow. Feeling kind of prepared, but at the same time, who knows what they'll throw at us :wink:
Original post by chocolatesauce
what do you think the 6 marks are gonna be?

I think there might be one on B1 about genetic testing and the complications as that always comes up or stem cells as that would fit a 6 marker :smile:

B2 i think could be about homeostasis as that hasn't come up in the exam in ages or it could be about infection or the drugs.

I think B3 could possibly be about evolution (or Darwin or Lamar) or differences between natural selection and selective breeding.

What do you think?
Original post by josaltzman
I have OCR Science and Edexcel French tomorrow. Feeling kind of prepared, but at the same time, who knows what they'll throw at us :wink:

Aww good luck! I'm sure you'll smash them! A few of my friends are doing Edexcel French actually. I do Edexcel Spanish though and they're on Friday! D-: I found a thread for OCR 21c Biology if you have a look :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest