Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the critical value or whatever it was where you had to tick a box? and what did people put for the 2 questions on vegetarian vs meat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyT997)
    It was percentage they were due to chance not percentage they were significantly different so it should be a low value i think
    You can say either. There is a less than 99.75% probability that the observed results were caused by chance OR There is a more than 99.75% probability that the observed results were not caused by chance OR There is a less than 0.25% chance that the observed results were caused by chance etc

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the critical value or whatever it was where you had to tick a box? and what did people put for the 2 questions on vegetarian vs meat?
    11.36 or something like that.

For energy subsidies i had no clue and said meat takes much more energy to produce the same amount of biomass orr something and for the second one I put about meat being at a higher trophic level whereas plant foods get their energy directly from the sun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DecantedOrange)
    You can say either. There is a less than 99.75% probability that the observed results were caused by chance OR There is a more than 99.75% probability that the observed results were not caused by chance OR There is a less than 0.25% chance that the observed results were caused by chance etc
    ahhhh! I just realised I accidently put 2.5 not 0.25! *facepalm*

ReputationRep:
    I think I put 0.005

ReputationRep:
    and for veg vs meat I talked about shorter/longer food chain and you have to grow crops to feed to livestock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greencat55)
    ahhhh! I just realised I accidently put 2.5 not 0.25! *facepalm*
    It was 2.5 (0.025*100=2.5)

ReputationRep:
    I got so stumped on what i think was a really basic question, what data did they need to know to draw an accurate line of best fit?

ReputationRep:
    I got so stumped on what i think was a really basic question, what data did they need to know to draw an accurate line of best fit?
    I wasn't sure but I said they need to know the range of data

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got 9 and 7.something too

0.025 is 99.75% i think.
    number of species was 21.. so basically work it out backwards and you get 21

ReputationRep:
    11.36 or something like that.

For energy subsidies i had no clue and said meat takes much more energy to produce the same amount of biomass orr something and for the second one I put about meat being at a higher trophic level whereas plant foods get their energy directly from the sun
    Yeah meat = hetrotrophic so less efficiemt

plants = autotrophic so more efficient

ReputationRep:
    I got 21 in the table and 7.34 for chi squared and put 2.5% for the next one. im pretty sure the table one is 21 because it was (O-E)^2/E so O = /2.4x15 +15

I got that too. We checked with my teacher and he says it's definitely correct

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thought the paper was beautiful overall... didn't really like the forestry ones at the beginning, but still think I got enough to get into uni 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by croatoan)
    I got that too. We checked with my teacher and he says it's definitely correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
    9 worked too though?

ReputationRep:
    9 worked too though?
    How can two numbers work??? I cannot see how 9 could be the answer, could you explain how you got 9?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh that was so much better than envs3 :') I did the abiotics question, there were some points I forgot but I think I went into enough scientific detail so glad i revised the soil erosion experiment last night! Hope I've scraped a B

I didn't understand the mean question and the first stats calculation though, like most people by the sounds of it haha

By the way for the essay i ticked one question, then changed my mind and crossed it out - will this be ok? xD

ReputationRep:
    How can two numbers work??? I cannot see how 9 could be the answer, could you explain how you got 9?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    dammit. i realise what ive done i multiplied 2.4 by 15 then square rooted it which gave me 6 but then i did 15-6 to get 9 when i think i should have done 15+6

ReputationRep:
    Anybody do the transport essay? What did/would you have wrote for it, something to do with affluent countries aiming for transport sustainability/no environmental damage

ReputationRep:
    That paper was a beauty! Did the abiotic one and wrote to the last line!

ReputationRep:
    Did any one else do the last essay, about genetic manipulation advantages and disadvantages? What did you put?
    I talked about selective breeding, inter breeding, intra breeding, cloning and genetic engineering. Anything I missed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 3, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.