The Student Room Group

4756 OCR MEI FP2 22nd June 2015

Scroll to see replies

So like a prat I forgot I could do De Moivres... I did it with some double angle stuff instead :facepalm:

I didn't teach the last integral.

Left the eq Of circle in the form r^2 not r...

Had the answer to the roots of unity but didn't simplify

I guess doing an all-nighter was a double edged sword for me.
Depending on the boundaries, it could go either way.

A*'s gone to shambles. With luck an A is still reachable:tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lizard54142
Saw from your profile that you're an MEI Further Maths tutor. By any chance do you have a list of past 100UMS boundaries for this exam? And for other MEI modules as well?

Thank you!

Here you go (It also includes Physics).
For Question 2, to find v^5 instead of raising 2 to the power 5 I accidentally raised root2 to the power 5, how many marks would I lose?
Well, that exam was rather nice. Annoyed at myself for putting v5=-32 and not 32j and for forgetting the +c in the integration (is that always worth a mark???). Other than that, everything went really well! 70/72 hopefully, and possibly 100UMS.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SH0405
Here you go (It also includes Physics).

I love you.

PRSOM PRSOM PRSOM
Original post by lizard54142
I love you.

:biggrin:
I had no idea what it meant by the equation thing for v at the last part of question 2... But apart from that I reckon everything else was great!
Original post by joey4live
For Question 2, to find v^5 instead of raising 2 to the power 5 I accidentally raised root2 to the power 5, how many marks would I lose?

Possibly 2, not too sure! You would get follow through marks.
Kinda worried, what did people put for the show that question where u had to integrate 1/(1-x^2)?
Original post by qwepoizxcmnb
Kinda worried, what did people put for the show that question where u had to integrate 1/(1-x^2)?

Partial Fractions were required. From there, it was relatively simple to acquire the given result.
If I used double angle formula to find the cos5x identity instead of de moivres theorem how many marks would I lose? It was out of 5, got the correct answer using double angle formula but now in hindsight I think it said using de moivres theorem?
How would you compare the difficulty of this paper to others?
I've done an unofficial mark scheme on page7 btw guys
Original post by SH0405
Partial Fractions were required. From there, it was relatively simple to acquire the given result.

Yeah lol I just used the standard integral off the data sheet, but justified c =0, any ideas how many marks that would be? Just 1?
Original post by SH0405
How would you compare the difficulty of this paper to others?

I'd say similar to the easier years. Annoying cause that means grade boundaries will be high :/
Yeah lol I just used the standard integral off the data sheet, but justified c =0, any ideas how many marks that would be? Just 1?

Not sure to be honest.
I'd say similar to the easier years. Annoying cause that means grade boundaries will be high :/

I would say it was about average.
Original post by chizz1889
If I used double angle formula to find the cos5x identity instead of de moivres theorem how many marks would I lose? It was out of 5, got the correct answer using double angle formula but now in hindsight I think it said using de moivres theorem?

It did say "Using de Moivre's Theorem" :frown:

You will either get full marks or no marks.
Original post by chizz1889

I think you'll lose either 4 or 5 :frown:

Probably 1/2, like SH0405 said you had to use partial fractions, and they almost certainly wanted you to "derive" the result rather than copy it off the sheet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending