Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessm8)
    honestly if aqa are following their 6 marker trend this year i think it'll be on describing and explaining someones results or planning your own experiment just a thought really
    True, but I do think there may be a question on describing the differences between Fission and Fusion, however I may be wrong :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CandyCrush27)
    True, but I do think there may be a question on describing the differences between Fission and Fusion, however I may be wrong :s
    Lool I hope so

ReputationRep:
    Don't think it will be a six marker :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxjackson5)
    Any topics that people just really don't understand? I'm willing to help
    Hi, could you help me understand the effect temperature has on current.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxjackson5)
    Any topics that people just really don't understand? I'm willing to help
    could you help me with terminal velocity/drag force?

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually so unprepared for this exam it's ridiculous! I'm spending all my time revising english

ReputationRep:
    how is everybody revising for physics after the biology and chemistry exams having different style questions to usual

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electrahearts)
    I'm actually so unprepared for this exam it's ridiculous! I'm spending all my time revising english
    Revising more of how to carry out experiments, variables. Describing and explaining...

ReputationRep:
    I agree 100% with this person.

ReputationRep:
    Same LOL

ReputationRep:
    Like he/she said, Revise all the bulky subjects. (you'll need to properly know this stuff) But all the equations and stuff is common sense.

P2: Radiation, Fission, The formation and life cycle of stars, Terminal Velocity, and a bit about stopping distances. All the equations and stuff are on the sheet, and just apply the knowledge you already know to that question. The rest is quite easy.

P3: X-Rays, CT Scans, Ultrasound,(overall just the whole medical bit) and Lenses and Refraction.
    Then the stuff about motors, circular motion etc is kinda easy and takes a small bit of revision.

I'd recommend going over the bulky subjects, because I reckon P3 Will contain A LOT of it.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the difference between the neutral and earth wire? P2

ReputationRep:
    Really? I find English impossible to revised for

ReputationRep:
    That would be the easiest 6 marker ever! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.P.C)
    That would be the easiest 6 marker ever! haha
    AQA owe us big time for the 6 and 5 markers in Biology and Chemistry

ReputationRep:
    Hey would anyone be able to explain the 3 core cable/ plug to me? I'm confused as to how the neutral wire is at 0v but has a flow of current through it! And also if possible how a fuse and earth wire work together to prevent overloads.. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samistrawberry)
    Hi, could you help me understand the effect temperature has on current.
    With a filament bulb, high temperatures cause the ions in the filament to vibrate, hence making it harder for electrons to flow through the bulb so there will be a higher resistance.
    This means that the bulb is a non-ohmic conductor, since the resistance is not always the same.

For a given voltage, if the resistance is increased, the current in the circuit is decreased. This can be shown on a pd-current graph as a curve that begins steeply (low resistance) and then bends to become less steep (high resistance).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11Jason11)
    AQA owe us big time for the 6 and 5 markers in Biology and Chemistry
    Yeah those titrations questions and the biology one about the diffusion in the egg completely messed me up

ReputationRep:
    could you help me with terminal velocity/drag force?
    These are the 5 key stages about terminal velocity of a parachutist.
    1. Accelerates rapidly because falling force is much larger than air resistance.
    2. Accelerating (slower) because air resistance has increased slightly.
    3. Constant speed because air resistance is equal to falling force. Terminal Velocity has been reached.
    4. *opens parachute* Parachutist slows down.
    5. (slower) Constant speed because air resistance is equal to falling force. Terminal velocity has been reached.

Terminal velocity = when forwards force is equal to air resistance (usually top speed).
    Larger surface area = slower terminal velocity.
    As velocity increases, air resistance increases at FASTER rate, i.e NOT directly proportional.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Anything but momentum will be very much appreciated tbh

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.