Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the answer for the 6 marker yet???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think C2 was harder than last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iloveflowersxo)
    do u have the 6 markers answers yet?
    also so far from the unofficial mark scheme you have produced i have got 41/60 what grade do u think that would be?
    I think A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neon_reaper)
    2)a)i) could also have had effervescence (bubbling)
    2)c) I believe the main points were: directly proportional up to 0.7dm3, no change after 0.7dm3 and anomaly for third experiment. Obviously had to expand and explain to get the full 6.
    3)c) I'm pretty sure they just wanted that its a smart metal, or the temperature of the mouth will maintain the shape etc. because smart metals are directly referenced in the spec (don't think you can just have hard/strong which is what i put
    3)c)ii) You could have it is too soft, too easily deformed etc and it would corrode
    4)a) I think you would have to say the relative masses to get the marks (proton, neutrons = 1, electrons = 1/1840 or negligible)
    5)b) i think alkali could have been an answer, but base is the much safer answer
    6)d)iii) Liquid iodide has no free moving electrons and it is not ionic therefore there is nothing to transport charge through the substance

Well Done and thank you for making this, keep it up
    I'm not sure if you could put bubbles because in the word equation because there was no evidence for any gas being produced. Think it was a displacement reaction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by decklan)
    cardiac output.

148x38=5624 volume ml/blood min, units were given dw.

Explain why person two had a lower cardiac output? (2 mark)

because his stroke volume was much lower, which meant a lower cardiac output.

Explain why person one ran faster than person two? (5 marks)

because person one had a greater cardiac output this meant more blood flow to the muscles from the heart. Therefore a constant supply of glucose and oxygen reached the muscles allowing aerobic respiration to release energy compared to anaerobic which releases less energy and lactic acid. More energy released for running.

fossils

explain he formation of the fossil archaeopteryx? (2 marks)

the animal must first die, and the hard parts of the animal were not able to decay leaving a fossil.

Give two reasons why there were gaps in the record? (2 marks)

i) more fossils are yet to still be discovered.
    Ii)fossil couldn't be formed because of decay.

Explain how species could be formed from the ancestor archaeopteryx? ( 4 marks)

you must first explain natural selection, and then speciation. So something like for e.g variations in gene caused certain characteristics to be better suited for the environment these animals survived (natural selection) and passed their genes to the future generations. These animals would become so different that interbreeding successfully would not be viable so a specie has been formed. Isolation must be said at the start of this question though.

alleles & genetics.

describe where the dna is found in human cells? (2 marks)

dna found in the nuclear cells as nuclear dna.

Minimum allele that needs to be present for polydactyly to be expressed?(1 mark)

well considering it is a dominant condition, only one needs to be present.

Minimum allele that needs to be present for cystic fibrosis to be expressed? (1 mark)

it's recessive, so two.

mendel's experiment.

The ratio i personally think it's 3:1 as the experiment is directly from his work which consisted of the same ratio esp from the genetic diagram. Also 729/228 = 3.1 makes sense for the ratio to be 3:1. (1 mark)

give two reasons why his work wasn't accepted or on those lines which is what they were essentially asking for. (2 marks)

i) because he wasn't a renowned scientist, a monk his work wasn't accepted.
    Ii) at the time inheritance factors weren't known and hence they didn't really appreciate how important mendeleev work.

For the tick boxes, if you do the genetic diagram it was most definitely.(3 marks)

-homo
    -homo
    -hetero

cell structure

mitochondria - sight at which respiration occurs. (1 mark)

ribosome - where protein synthesis occurs. (1 mark)

muscle cell magnification is 400. Idk how many marks.

Explain why muscle cells cover the stomach? (2 marks)

help to churn the food which would mix with the digestive enzymes.

some answers could be wrong tbf, but here you go.

thankyou so much what a lifesaver

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pineapple4901)
    for 1 a(ii) i said because there is a steeper gradient which shows the fast reaction? would i still get a mark? help!!!!!
    Sorry if anyone has replied to this!! I think because you mentioned how the reaction increased you'll get the mark
    😊

ReputationRep:
    Would it have been to correct to say that he would have seen effervescence? (C2)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Joiner)
    Would it have been to correct to say that he would have seen effervescence? (C2) Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by adapttochangelad)
    I'm not sure if you could put bubbles because in the word equation because there was no evidence for any gas being produced. Think it was a displacement reaction
    Possibly not because as adapt to change said, there was no evidence for it in the reaction, although technically i think it would happen

ReputationRep:
    Could the answer to the catalyst one be that you can re use a catalyst as it reduces costs...???and for the apparatus improvement and reason be: add a stopwatch to see how fast it reacted???this is for C2

ReputationRep:
    So. What do we think the grade boundaries are going to do so far for AQA science?

My thoughts are that Biology 2 & 3 were more difficult (especially B2) than most years. And that C2 and C3 were fairly standard exams (C3 was arguably more difficult than normal).

I think for an A*:

B2: 42/60
    B3: 45/60

C2: 47/50
    C3: 46/60

What do other people think?

ReputationRep:
    I think
    C2: 48/60
    C3: 45/60

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Joiner)
    I think
    C2: 48/60
    C3: 45/60

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you have any thoughts on B2 and B3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RG110man)
    So. What do we think the grade boundaries are going to do so far for AQA science?

My thoughts are that Biology 2 & 3 were more difficult (especially B2) than most years. And that C2 and C3 were fairly standard exams (C3 was arguably more difficult than normal).

I think for an A*:

B2: 42/60
    B3: 45/60

C2: 47/50
    C3: 46/60

What do other people think?
    I agree with these. I think they're pretty reasonable, especially biology!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I do igcse biology so can't comment on that sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    C2 - Are these answers correct? Will I get marks?

For the: "How can a catalyst reduce costs" one...

A catalyst is re-usable without changing or being used up.

For the: "Apparatus improvement and reason" one....
    Add a stopwatch to see how fast it reacted.

ReputationRep:

C2 - Are these answers correct? Will I get marks?

For the: "How can a catalyst reduce costs" one...

A catalyst is re-usable without changing or being used up.

For the: "Apparatus improvement and reason" one....

Add a stopwatch to see how fast it reacted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Decklan)
    I'm pretty certain 5624 is correct.
    Umm I remember one of the numbers having "68 or 48" in it...I don't remember that number? And I was also pretty certain I was correct?

How did you do it???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Decklan)
    Cardiac output.

148x38=5624 volume ml/blood min, units were given dw.

Explain why person two had a lower cardiac output? (2 mark)

Because his stroke volume was much lower, which meant a lower cardiac output.

Explain why person one ran faster than person two? (5 marks)

Because person one had a greater cardiac output this meant more blood flow to the muscles from the heart. Therefore a constant supply of glucose and oxygen reached the muscles allowing aerobic respiration to release energy compared to anaerobic which releases less energy and lactic acid. More energy released for running.

Fossils

Explain he formation of the fossil archaeopteryx? (2 marks)

The animal must first die, and the hard parts of the animal were not able to decay leaving a fossil.

Give two reasons why there were gaps in the record? (2 marks)

i) More fossils are yet to still be discovered.
    ii)Fossil couldn't be formed because of decay.

Explain how species could be formed from the ancestor archaeopteryx? ( 4 marks)

You must first explain natural selection, and then speciation. So something like for e.g Variations in gene caused certain characteristics to be better suited for the environment these animals survived (natural selection) and passed their genes to the future generations. These animals would become so different that interbreeding successfully would not be viable so a specie has been formed. Isolation must be said at the start of this question though.

Alleles & genetics.

Describe where the dna is found in human cells? (2 marks)

Dna found in the nuclear cells as nuclear Dna.

Minimum allele that needs to be present for polydactyly to be expressed?(1 mark)

Well considering it is a dominant condition, only one needs to be present.

Minimum allele that needs to be present for cystic fibrosis to be expressed? (1 mark)

It's recessive, so two.

Mendel's experiment.

The ratio I personally think it's 3:1 as the experiment is directly from his work which consisted of the same ratio esp from the genetic diagram. Also 729/228 = 3.1 makes sense for the ratio to be 3:1. (1 mark)

Give two reasons why his work wasn't accepted or on those lines which is what they were essentially asking for. (2 marks)

i) Because he wasn't a renowned scientist, a monk his work wasn't accepted.
    ii) At the time inheritance factors weren't known and hence they didn't really appreciate how important Mendeleev work.

For the tick boxes, if you do the genetic diagram it was most definitely.(3 marks)

-Homo
    -Homo
    -Hetero

Cell structure

Mitochondria - Sight at which respiration occurs. (1 mark)

Ribosome - Where protein synthesis occurs. (1 mark)

Muscle cell magnification is 400. idk how many marks.

Explain why muscle cells cover the stomach? (2 marks)

Help to churn the food which would mix with the digestive enzymes.

Some answers could be wrong tbf, but here you go.

Wow thank you very much!!

ReputationRep:
    for the Question; how can the same reaction produce 2 different products I panicked and put electrolysis e_e

ReputationRep:
    Please can someone answer the 6 marker (2c) ? It was on the foundation c2 aswell 💁🏼 please could someone upload an unofficial B2 and C2 foundation mark scheme?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 10, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.