The Student Room Group

WJEC AS French FN2 21/05/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by virois
Do you think they will award a mark for translating it literally like this?

I wrote that too and I dont think they will, apparently it was "year in year out"
Original post by yasmin#2
theyre talking about UMS not marks dw :wink:

Ohh my bad sorrrryyyy!
Original post by virois
Do you think they will award a mark for translating it literally like this?

They won't knowing them 😪 also it came to words like imaginaire, instead of saying imaginary I put "made up" as I know they love making our lives harder with that mark scheme
Reply 143
I know a lot of teachers wouldn't pass the A Level in French were they to do it again. My teacher admits the AS and A Level is hard.
Reply 144
I didn't even think about it possibly meaning "year in year out". I just hope the other sections have gone well. It's questions 3(b) and (c) that are hard to predict, result wise.
im ****ting myself ... 9 days left

looking back, I made so much mistakes...
not knowing how to spell chemist, wtf was le tourisme bleu, completely didn't know what confondez vous means - please let's not..., i had no idea where to put the accents in my essay so just put them wherever they looked like they belonged. My speaking went horrible, he kept asking me the same question worded differently yet I told him that I do not know...' why do young people not want to go into further education' - I was stressed, now I could write a whole essay on that. Also, this imbecile (me) kept proudly repeating ' c'est mal pour sa sante' ... mal...mal...you ****** ughhhhh; it was meant to be mauvais haha.

Spoiler

do you reckon 70/96 - A ?
Reply 147
What were the grade boundaries from previous years? You will pick up marks where you least expect it. The exam boards want students sitting their papers to do well. Don't worry too much about it. Languages are amongst the hardest A Levels available and any pass is highly respected. At least you haven't shyed away and chosen an easier subject and you can say that in job interviews. A Level grades for Language degress are always lower because universities acknowlege their difficulty. An A grade isn't the be all and end all.
Reply 148
For example, if you get an A in the Oral exam, do you need an A in FN2 for an A overall or does that allow for lost marks?
(edited 8 years ago)
Technically yes, or a high B . It all needs to add up to about 160/200 for an A I believe ?
Reply 150
UMS?
[QUOTE=virois;58211483]UMS?

Yeah it's 160 ums for an A out of 200
Reply 152
I've just had a look and if you have done well in the Oral, the FN2 exam may not be a problem. Say you achieved 50/60 in the FN1 exam, that would give you 59 UMS. This means that you would only need around 71/72 marks out of 98 in FN2. That's 26 marks you can lose and still achieve an A grade.
Reply 153
I'm just worried that we're up against native speakers setting the bar high!
Original post by virois
I'm just worried that we're up against native speakers setting the bar high!

C'est la vie... yet I don't think it's fair either. Especially since it is an 'easy' AS for them and majority of those do not intend to carry on with French but only get the points needed to get into University.
Reply 155
What did you write for an example of ignorance when on interview. I wrote 'l' impatience'. Not sure if thats right now.
Original post by virois
What did you write for an example of ignorance when on interview. I wrote 'l' impatience'. Not sure if thats right now.
you mean arrogance ? I put using ones phone
Reply 157
Yeah, arrogance. Ooops.
Reply 158
Im panicking today. On the translation, for 'a tout prix', i wrote for a range of budgets instead of at all prices. Not sure ill get the mark for that.
Reply 159
June 2013, the pass mark for an A was 72/98. It was also 72 in Jan 2014. I think it depends on the paper and how all students performed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending