No, of course not!
    We're all one Ummah after all
    I was just curious tbh, sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenNinjaa)
    No, of course not!
    We're all one Ummah after all
    I was just curious tbh, sorry
    Ah that's okay, was just hoping it wasn't going to end up as 'Shi'as aren't Muslim' lol, if you don't mind me asking, what sect are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by szfh)
    Ah that's okay, was just hoping it wasn't going to end up as 'Shi'as aren't Muslim' lol, if you don't mind me asking, what sect are you?
    So You're Shia?
    Oh, and I'm Sunni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenNinjaa)
    So You're Shia?
    Oh, and I'm Sunni
    Yeah, I am a Shi'a

ReputationRep:
    Too late for what

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by szfh)
    Peace be upon you my brother,
    We have accepted Christ but as a Prophet, Prophet Eisa (pbuh). We believe he will return with the Messiah, Al-Mahdi (pbuh) on the day of judgement.
    Who is this Messiah, don't you think Jesus Christ is the Messiah, is there another?

"Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary" ???

Not sure your reply makes sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racoon)
    Who is this Messiah, don't you think Jesus Christ is the Messiah, is there another?

"Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary" ???

Not sure your reply makes sense
    It really depends on your beliefs. Muslims in general believe that Prophet Eisa/Jesus (PBUH) was not killed but raised to heaven and will return before the end of time. This belief is also said to be purported to be in the Gospel of Basilides.

Some Muslims believe that the 12th Successor of the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) will be the one who will bring peace and justice on this earth and Prophet Eisa/Jesus (PBUH) will pray behind him:

“Even if only one day is left (before the day of judgment), Allah will send a person from my Ahlul’Bayt who will fill out the earth with peace and justice as it will have been full of injustice and tyranny misery”.
    1. Al-Fusool al-Muhimmah, by Ibn Sabbagh al-Maliki, Page 293 (Beirut edition)
    2. Al bayaan fi Akbar Saibul Zamaan page 482 (Beirut edition)
    3. Nur ul Absar page 345 (Beirut edition).

ReputationRep:
    'Never inflict harm on non Muslims regardless of their religion and sect. The non-Muslims are under the protection of the Muslims. in fact the Muslim must protect his non-Muslim neighbours in the same manner and vigour as he would when he protects his own family.'
    Ayatollah Sayed Ali Sistani, Grand Shi'ite Muslim Cleric, Iraq.

I thought this was necessary to share, especially due to the current events going on in the Middle East.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by szfh)
    Peace be upon you my brother,
    We have accepted Christ but as a Prophet, Prophet Eisa (pbuh). We believe he will return with the Messiah, Al-Mahdi (pbuh) on the day of judgement.
    Jesus is not a prophet bro.
    John 10:30-33 - Jesus answered them, “I and My Father are one.” Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?” The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

Matthew 1:23 - “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

John 8:58 - Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.

God bless you brother.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 30, 2015
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.