Turn on thread page Beta

You deserve to die if you eat meat watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daydreamer4life)
    I'm actually gonna let this one go, not because I don't want to, but because one of us has to break this stupid circle and its obvious someone so close-minded as you couldn't do it. And on the other hand, so many other people have better arguments for this than I do, which you can easily look up through google.
    At the end of the day, I'm not so passionate as to gather sources for you specially, just to please you or something.

I know that what I do is primarily about helping the animals, not getting into stupid discussions about anatomy, and whether you get convinced is none of my concern. So if you don't want to keep going around in circles, I'll gladly depart.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kathy-..._b_214390.html
    http://www.vegsource.com/news/2009/1...of-eating.html
    http://pixellant.com/adaptt/humans-herbivores/
    Well then, I'm glad. I think it's great that you're passionate about helping the animals. I am simply here to debate and share my opinion. Also to argue for the case I believe in, same as you.
    There was really no need to get so petty and start throwing the word "stupid" around as if it wasn't you who encouraged the anatomy point by posting that video. Excuse me if I choose not to take what I see at face value.
    I also find it a bit hypocritical that you tell me/others not to "make assumptions" about what you're saying or "give crap to other vegans" and then proceed to call me close-minded. I have not at any point made any personal attack towards you, only challenged your viewpoint as is my right.
    Maybe you might try to be more understanding of the fact that not everyone is going to agree with you. It's because of pettiness like this that people get the wrong idea about those who campaign for special interest groups. Just a suggestion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Is it bad that I kinda hope that when she dies it's from choking on her salad? Just for the irony

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sir, you need help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    I don't think that people 'deserve' to die if they do things that are wrong. However, sometimes killing is justified by means of self-defence. The animals that we kill as a society do not deserve to be killed, or to suffer at our hands merely for our own enjoyment. Humans don't need to eat meat - we simply choose to because we like the taste. Eating meat satisfies us. But, if there were some mad man going around arbitrarily killing animals, over and over, shouldn't we stop him? Shouldn't we stop him even if we had to take his life?

That's what we do as a society. We kill animals over and over, for nothing but our own satisfaction. We don't deserve to die, but animals don't deserve to be killed. It would be proper for animals to kill us in self-defence, just as it would be if some alien higher-beings came to our planet and started trying to kill us for their satisfaction. But animals can't defend themselves - they're weaker than we are. We make the weak suffer for our own enjoyment. It's despicable. We don't deserve to die, but we don't deserve to get away with it, either.
    Hi, disagree.

In many places with crop failure, whether it's a seasonal thing or the climate like a desert, or they're a sea or coastal or islandic people who depend on fishing for example, people need to eat whatever they can get. Sure we might say, in the western world with constant imports and many dietary and culinary options, that it's not necessary to eat meat because we have this and that. But as far as what is "arbitrary" or unnecessary in humanity I often look to remote or indigeneous peoples and survivalists, because they live life generationally without the knowledge that we have, yet they still survive. And they live on hunting.

There is nothing wrong with eating animals, or dairy; it gives us essential protein and I wouldn't want to imagine living without it and how I'd feel. Look at vegans and they're all waiffish and dried out like the foods they eat. Of course it seems healthy because they're not fat but they are lacking some serious nutrients and probably would break if a child ran into them. But yes I agree it is wrong to do it for no reason, but it's wrong to kill anything for no reason. Many people eat animals (cattle, seafood, reptiles, insects, marsupials like rabbits and wallaby) and primarily for survival.

In fact, meat is disgusting. No one eats meat without seasoning it, at least I don't know of it. Meat can be very gamey and you can taste the nutrients and minerals unless you season it. That is when meat becomes satisfying in taste. Idk anyone here who can imagine the taste of kiling an animal and eating it straight after just from tossing it on a fire. But there are people who do that and unfortunately were and are still called barbarians. I'd like to see someone here get their sustenance meatless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Do you, then, consider yourself to be nothing more than an animal, and unrestricted by any moral laws that one would not apply to an animal?
    humans are animals lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protégé)
    Why should I care about not eating animals when they kill and eat others? It's fair.
    They (animal ) eat another animal because they don't know how to grow plants,vegetable and corn , fruits, etc. But is case of human despite of having so much variety to eat they go for innocent animals . They (human) can live a very good and healthy life without eating meat but human is the most selfish species on the earth. Strange!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    humans are animals lol.
    An educated animals!

ReputationRep:
    She looks like a meth addict.

4/10
    would not smash

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feline_Nymphet)
    Hi, disagree.

In many places with crop failure, whether it's a seasonal thing or the climate like a desert, or they're a sea or coastal or islandic people who depend on fishing for example, people need to eat whatever they can get. Sure we might say, in the western world with constant imports and many dietary and culinary options, that it's not necessary to eat meat because we have this and that. But as far as what is "arbitrary" or unnecessary in humanity I often look to remote or indigeneous peoples and survivalists, because they live life generationally without the knowledge that we have, yet they still survive. And they live on hunting.

There is nothing wrong with eating animals, or dairy; it gives us essential protein and I wouldn't want to imagine living without it and how I'd feel. Look at vegans and they're all waiffish and dried out like the foods they eat. Of course it seems healthy because they're not fat but they are lacking some serious nutrients and probably would break if a child ran into them. But yes I agree it is wrong to do it for no reason, but it's wrong to kill anything for no reason. Many people eat animals (cattle, seafood, reptiles, insects, marsupials like rabbits and wallaby) and primarily for survival.

In fact, meat is disgusting. No one eats meat without seasoning it, at least I don't know of it. Meat can be very gamey and you can taste the nutrients and minerals unless you season it. That is when meat becomes satisfying in taste. Idk anyone here who can imagine the taste of kiling an animal and eating it straight after just from tossing it on a fire. But there are people who do that and unfortunately were and are still called barbarians. I'd like to see someone here get their sustenance meatless.
    I am agree with the first bold sentence that human can eat another animal if their (human) survival is under danger . But not in any other case.

I see this is just an excuse. You can get good amount of protein and other minerals from vegan diet and a lot of people on the top of their sports with out eating a single bite of meat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicst)
    I am agree with the first bold sentence that human can eat another animal if their (human) survival is under danger . But not in any other case.

I see this is just an excuse. You can get good amount of protein and other minerals from vegan diet and a lot of people on the top of their sports with out eating a single bite of meat.
    I would hate to live off of beans. It's about sustenance. Meat fills you up and being full alone is sustenance, much less the vitamins or proteins or minerals that come from it. People who don't eat it are gaunt, and are conditioning (forcing) their bodies to live off plants and nuts, plain and simple. Like if I weren't in a situation where minced meat was what I could afford and have to eat, I wouldn't eat it. I wish I could afford buying fresh fruit everyday and quality fresh fish, and I wish my life wasn't "well this is what's here and you have to eat it or starve." Otherwise I'd only eat white meat from poultry and fish, and greenery, and smoothies for dessert Oh well :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I would hate to live off of beans. It's about sustenance. Meat fills you up and being full alone is sustenance, much less the vitamins or proteins or minerals that come from it. People who don't eat it are gaunt, and are conditioning (forcing) their bodies to live off plants and nuts, plain and simple. Like if I weren't in a situation where minced meat was what I could afford and have to eat, I wouldn't eat it. I wish I could afford buying fresh fruit everyday and quality fresh fish, and I wish my life wasn't "well this is what's here and you have to eat it or starve." Otherwise I'd only eat white meat from poultry and fish, and greenery, and smoothies for dessert Oh well :sad:
    I would wonder If you call him gaunt because he is completely vegan and Olympic champion.

http://images.indiatvnews.com/sports...mar-mo2756.jpg

Anyway your philosophy beyond the reach of my brain at least.

ReputationRep:
    I would wonder If you call him gaunt because he is completely vegan and Olympic champion.

http://images.indiatvnews.com/sports...mar-mo2756.jpg

Anyway your philosophy beyond the reach of my brain at least.
    He's an Olympic champion. An athlete. He would be fit either way, meat or no meat. He is a freaking wrestler. An AVERAGE vegan is gaunt. Now go disappear on Google for an image of otherwise :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Wow not eating meat must be frustrating

ReputationRep:
    He's an Olympic champion. An athlete. He would be fit either way, meat or no meat. He is a freaking wrestler. An AVERAGE vegan is gaunt. Now go disappear on Google for an image of otherwise :rolleyes:
    Do you have any supporting data? If yes the How much is the sample size and from where it is taken please quote it.

Anyway I am a vegan and completely follow vegetarian diet. I think I am not a gaunt . It is not about particularity of vegan or non vegan , it is just the matter of eat healthy because at my place we have so much variety to eat. Anyway what is your geographical location.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiminaM)
    Wow not eating meat must be frustrating
    No its all about the satisfaction and control of mind.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any supporting data? If yes the How much is the sample size and from where it is taken please quote it.

Anyway I am a vegan and completely follow vegetarian diet. I think I am not a gaunt . It is not about particularity of vegan or non vegan , it is just the matter of eat healthy because at my place we have so much variety to eat. Anyway what is your geographical location.
    Stopped reading at "I am a vegan."

Let's see your muscles then, champ

Supporting data? Uhhh when I walk the **** outside? This isn't about supporting data. This is about me arguing with a stranger at the crack of dawn in my arse about a photo he put up of a muscular Olympian with intentions to pass it off as a typical example of a vegan.

ReputationRep:
    No its all about the satisfaction and control of mind.
    Oooooh don't even try to tell me about control of mind.
    And also, eating a real delicious schnitzel brings me imense satisfaction.

ReputationRep:
    Stopped reading at "I am a vegan."

Let's see your muscles then, champ

Supporting data? Uhhh when I walk the **** outside? This isn't about supporting data. This is about me arguing with a stranger at the crack of dawn in my arse about a photo he put up of a muscular Olympian with intentions to pass it off as a typical example of a vegan.
    Do you want to see me? OK will send you a picture of me in one or two days but Then you say he is not you ? Then how can I convince you ?
    Anyway

I have a fitness blog here .(Lifting started 14/08/2014)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...ogram+physicst

Here are some of my lifts: I have been lifting and doing cardio and lifting is not my first priorities I just wanna fit strong and fast.

I have weighted around 73.5 Kg at height 5 feet 8 inches .
    squat: 120 1RM
    Deadlift: 160 Kg 1 RM
    Bench Press: 80 KG 1RM
    Overhead Press: 59 Kg 1RM

I think I will hit 2 time body weight squat soon (about 6 more month). You know one can do that without having reasonable muscles.

I am not saying I am so much strong and I understand a lot of people are stronger than me but I just saying that it not the non vegan is not the ultimate thing that make a person strong and healthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiminaM)
    Oooooh don't even try to tell me about control of mind.
    And also, eating a real delicious schnitzel brings me imense satisfaction.
    I know how much control people have now a days.

I bet you can't cut a living animal by your hands and then eat it with such a intense satisfaction which you quoted above.

And hats off if you do that be proud your self !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsFahima)
    Woah. I didn't say that. The conversation was about food chains. So that's where I made my point. I didn't say it was okay for humans to kill each other for food.
    We know that. We were just pointing out how your logic is screwed by taking it to it's logical conclusion.
    Yes other animals kill for food, but we are different because of two things a) we can survive without meat and b) we understand that these animals feel pain

ReputationRep:
    Do you want to see me? OK will send you a picture of me in one or two days but Then you say he is not you ? Then how can I convince you ?
    Anyway

I have a fitness blog here .(Lifting started 14/08/2014)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...ogram+physicst

Here are some of my lifts: I have been lifting and doing cardio and lifting is not my first priorities I just wanna fit strong and fast.

I have weighted around 73.5 Kg at height 5 feet 8 inches .
    squat: 120 1RM
    Deadlift: 160 Kg 1 RM
    Bench Press: 80 KG 1RM
    Overhead Press: 59 Kg 1RM

I think I will hit 2 time body weight squat soon (about 6 more month). You know one can do that without having reasonable muscles.

I am not saying I am so much strong and I understand a lot of people are stronger than me but I just saying that it not the non vegan is not the ultimate thing that make a person strong and healthy.
    why have you PM'ed me this as well?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.