Turn on thread page Beta

Girl sent home from school due to hair style? watch

ReputationRep:
    Think I missed something, how does the hairstyle affect the students ability to learn?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    In my opinion? It isn't, really. I think it's an absurd concept backed up by faulty logic, but I've come to terms with it. I draw the line at something the school having a say over something that is a more permanent mainstay in your life outside of school though.
    Well I'm sure the school would be happy to let her wear a wig to school and she can have her moronic haircut on the weekends.

(Original post by liquidconfidence)
    Think I missed something, how does the hairstyle affect the students ability to learn?
    Carrying a gun doesn't impede your ability to learn so should we allow that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    Well I'm sure the school would be happy to let her wear a wig to school and she can have her moronic haircut on the weekends.
    That's not the issue here. As I recall, you previously stated that you were opposed to school uniforms. Why uniforms and not haircuts?

Guns don't kill people, haircuts do. I seen it on a documentary on BBC 2 :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    The mother and daughter are clearly morons.

ReputationRep:
    That's not the issue here. As I recall, you previously stated that you were opposed to school uniforms. Why uniforms and not haircuts?
    I think school uniforms are stupid but they're backed up by intelligible reasoning. As much as you may want to challenge a rule you can hardly expect to break it and nothing to happen. Had she turned up in a tracksuit she would also have been sent home and to me the two are the same.

Guns don't kill people, haircuts do. I seen it on a documentary on BBC 2 :teehee:
    A gun can't kill someone on its own, if I carry a gun I'm no threat to anyone because I'm not going to shoot anyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If this was my daughter I wouldn't let her leave the house without a wig let alone go to school. No it is not always appropriate to wear what you want, the same applies to going out of the house half naked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The difference is that a gun is a weapon and it poses a threat; it can be used to harm and wound other people, a hairstyle cannot if that wasn't obvious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liquidconfidence)
    The difference is that a gun is a weapon and it poses a threat; it can be used to harm and wound other people, a hairstyle cannot if that wasn't obvious
    Like I said I wouldn't shoot someone so me having a gun isn't a danger. Also there were several things people take to school which could cause harm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.