Turn on thread page Beta

Please be honest: would you date a girl who has had one night stands? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I just feel like a used up wh**e. Please don't talk about how casual sex can be fun etc. because I can't speak for anyone else but for me it was very unhealthy to let people into my body who didn't give a damn about me.

So guys what do you think? Would you run a mile? Or would you consider dating a girl like this? Give me you thoughts and don't hold back!
    In all honesty, not many men are going to mind that you've had a few one night stands in your early 20s. If it was an ongoing and compulsive behaviour then it may ring an alarm bell, but your history doesn't seem in the least concerning.

You should really consider going to a counsellor to help you contextualize this. The problem isn't what other people are going to think of you, the problem is thinking of yourself as a "used up whore" on the basis of a handful of negative sexual encounters. You seem to be having a trauma response and are placing blame on yourself unnecessarily if it having this much effect two years later.

Get it sorted and your life will be better.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much for your help and kind words I'm sorry to hear you've been through a lot but your experience seems to have brought you a lot of empathy and wisdom These issues have caused me a lot of shame so I'm trying to retain my anon right now but I will defo consider PMing you
    I totally understand. You are able to share this only because you are anonymous, and what you have revealed is so personal, goes so deep that to even hint at your stue identity on such a public forum is unthinkable.

Actually I feel a bit of a fool because when I woke up I read through this thread again from the beginning and realised that in your first post you had mentioned you were in therapy. Then I raised it as though it were the holy grail! Talk about not listening properly...

I am glad you ARE in therapy, anyway, It worked wonders for me in pointing out what was hidden, and what I needed to do to address it. It isn't a magic bullet or anything though, you still have to work at it, as I am sure you very well know. Once you retain your confidence, which you will, you will look back at yourself, as you are now, and it will seem like a different person.

Thank you for your kind words yourself but actually I am older than you and it is impossible not to go through some very tough times, it is just how life is. I haven't had it worse than most, in fact I have been very lucky. Thanks though.

Take care of yourself, well done for this thread, which was very brave, and I think has been positive? And if you change your mind [email protected].

(Original post by Josb)
    Of course you're not. Don't listen to these *****. :rolleyes:
    Somebody's salty today.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, if you don't mind please can you be honest and explain your reasons?
    It's simple. I find casual sex disgusting. I wouldn't ever do it so I would expect my partner to not do it either. Why would I want to be with someone who has casual sex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Perhaps the one sense in which you're actually quite content to be 'left hanging'.
    The only sense. I'll respond to everything else soon :flutter:

(Original post by Profesh)
    Perhaps the one sense in which you're actually quite content to be 'left hanging'.
    You look like one sense, fam!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 10, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.