The Student Room Group

St Andrews Medical School Applicants - 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
😂😭😭😂 if it's for 2016 I might as well withdraw my application right now since my ukcat was ****E
Original post by Hood15
😂😭😭😂 if it's for 2016 I might as well withdraw my application right now since my ukcat was ****E

Im sure it wasn't that bad, if you look at past years admissions statistics people have gotten in with very very low scores, even if they do rank us by UKCAT score you might still have a gd chance of a interview as it depends how many did better than you :smile:
Reply 142
Original post by sunburner
Im sure it wasn't that bad, if you look at past years admissions statistics people have gotten in with very very low scores, even if they do rank us by UKCAT score you might still have a gd chance of a interview as it depends how many did better than you :smile:

trust me, I think just about everyone applying for medicine can do better than 607.5 and a band 2. i accept my fate😶🙃
Original post by Hood15
trust me, I think just about everyone applying for medicine can do better than 607.5 and a band 2. i accept my fate😶🙃

Hey thats not bad ! Its not great but considering they dont have a cut off you have a decent chance. Not trying to give you false hope but also dont want you losing hope lol but people have got in with around 500
Reply 144
Original post by Hood15

I'm going to call them up tomorrow to see if they have changed it! If they have, I don't think that's very fair for some candidates, to change it after we all applied, and then not score academics... Maybe I'm reading the website wrong, but they've definitely removed the part about scoring academics...
Original post by madmed16
I'm going to call them up tomorrow to see if they have changed it! If they have, I don't think that's very fair for some candidates, to change it after we all applied, and then not score academics... Maybe I'm reading the website wrong, but they've definitely removed the part about scoring academics...

Youre so brave always calling them up lol Im too scared too but thanks if you do:smile:
Reply 146

so courageous lol
but yeah, it definitely wouldn't be fair, so lets hope they updated the site for 2017 entry in mind
Reply 147
Hey thats not bad ! Its not great but considering they dont have a cut off you have a decent chance. Not trying to give you false hope but also dont want you losing hope lol but people have got in with around 500

but, if their new selection process is for this year, 607.5 will NOT be in the top 400 applicants.
Reply 148

I agree, they definitely have changed it from academic+ukcat to just ukcat for interview selection. They really should mention whether this is affecting us right now or applicants next year :P
Has this thread been flipped around for anyone else ? confused. most recent posts are now showing on page 1 and earliest posts on page 8. it seems to be going in reverse chronological order Lol
Reply 150
Has this thread been flipped around for anyone else ? confused. most recent posts are now showing on page 1 and earliest posts on page 8. it seems to be going in reverse chronological order Lol

Something changed in your tsr settings probs :P
Reply 151
Guys the new format is for this year... I'm just off the phone to them!
Reply 152
Guys the new format is for this year... I'm just off the phone to them!

that's completely unfair, if I knew that I wouldn't have applied to them 😤😤
Wait so academics aren't being considered at all, pre-interview nor post-interview??
Reply 154
The lovely woman basically said:
- We just make sure you meet the academic, personal statement and reference requirements (this is because there are lots of people applying with 5A's and others applying with 6A's - it would be unfair to differentiate between them, which is understandable)
- If you meet the requirements, you're only ranked by UKCAT score and top 400 are invited to interview
- Academics are not marked
- She also said that nothing has changed (I don't think this entirely true as they did mark academics before - but I didn't want to argue with her haha!)
- Your interview score (including SJT) is what decides whether you get an offer - they will only use the UKCAT if you have the same interview score as someone else!

Hope this helps...
- We just make sure you meet the academic, personal statement and reference requirements (this is because there are lots of people applying with 5A's and others applying with 6A's - it would be unfair to differentiate between them, which is understandable)
- If you meet the requirements, you're only ranked by UKCAT score and top 400 are invited to interview
- She also said that nothing has changed (I don't think this entirely true as they did mark academics before - but I didn't want to argue with her haha!)
- Your interview score (including SJT) is what decides whether you get an offer - they will only use the UKCAT if you have the same interview score as someone else!

Hope this helps...

Very helpful thank you for the information! Can you call these unis without giving your name or details? I want to call about something but don't want them 2 know who I am
Reply 156
Very helpful thank you for the information! Can you call these unis without giving your name or details? I want to call about something but don't want them 2 know who I am

Ermm...I think it's anonymous, they don't ask for my name...Although I don't know if they have your number registered on their system from the UCAS application!
Ermm...I think it's anonymous, they don't ask for my name...Although I don't know if they have your number registered on their system from the UCAS application!

That's goodand don't worry I have it covered lol I'll borrow someone else's phone
Thanks!
Reply 158

Hope this helps...

"- Your interview score (including SJT) is what decides whether you get an offer - they will only use the UKCAT if you have the same interview score as someone else!" Hmm this part is slightly worrying, I applied thinking they somehow rank people with ukcat after interview. So this is basically the exact same as Glasgow selection process now :P
Reply 159
Original post by muchensmile
"- Your interview score (including SJT) is what decides whether you get an offer - they will only use the UKCAT if you have the same interview score as someone else!" Hmm this part is slightly worrying, I applied thinking they somehow rank people with ukcat after interview. So this is basically the exact same as Glasgow selection process now :P

Yeah, I thought that too! Yeah, pretty much!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending