Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Go mosque man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Religion)
    By referring me to the KFC video. It has nothing to do with our conversation.
    Then you do not understand why the person who posted that video did so. The KFC video draws firm conclusions from what is random information. The video is saying that if you want to find a link then you can convince yourself that one is there. So it is with the mathematical miracles in the Quran. That is the connection - it is relevant to the discussion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeachChemistry)
    Then you do not understand why the person who posted that video did so. The KFC video draws firm conclusions from what is random information. The video is saying that if you want to find a link then you can convince yourself that one is there. So it is with the mathematical miracles in the Quran. That is the connection - it is relevant to the discussion.
    I understand why he posted it, but again they are not the same.

The ratio is 13 land : 32 water. In the Quran 'land' is mentioned 13 times and 'water' is mentioned 32 times. I did not have to add, subtract, multiply, divide or do any of the other KFC nonsense. How are they similar?

ReputationRep:
    Wrong, when you are on a ship you will see a line between two oceans. There is a very clear contrast.
    Incorrect. You do not see a barrier/line between 2 oceans.

ReputationRep:
    I understand why he posted it, but again they are not the same.

The ratio is 13 land : 32 water. In the Quran 'land' is mentioned 13 times and 'water' is mentioned 32 times. I did not have to add, subtract, multiply, divide or do any of the other KFC nonsense. How are they similar?
    I will accept what you have said about the number of times each word has come up - I have not read the Quran. The fact that you and others assign this to a miracle is what I do not agree with. You have chosen to say that this is the meaning because the numbers conveniently work out, IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Incorrect. You do not see a barrier/line between 2 oceans.
    Google images.

ReputationRep:
    I will accept what you have said about the number of times each word has come up - I have not read the Quran. The fact that you and others assign this to a miracle is what I do not agree with. You have chosen to say that this is the meaning because the numbers conveniently work out, IMO.
    In your opinion who do you think wrote the Quran?

Andif the Quran does mention land 13 times and water 32 times, you believe its a coincidence?

ReputationRep:
    Google images.
    Indeed, still don't see it. Besides, could you answer the question I asked you. Even if there were, how would it make it miraculous? Anyone can look at the natural world, see something obvious and write it down. It would only be divine inspiration if some advanced, precise and unambiguous science was found that could not possibly have been known at the time.

Muslims are yet to provide a Quranic example of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayderm)
    Salam to all, i have a very big doubt thats killing me. After reading and looking at Richard Dawkins work and how evolution goes against the idea that 'God created man' and looking at how atheists have increased in numbers by so much since science is increasing, im having doubts my religion is even right and im following it 'just in case' the day of judgement or hell is real, thats my only fear now literally the only reason. I want to ask, lets say i searched and im convinced that islam is wrong, but then it turns out to be true, will i go Hell? Can i say im justified because i searched and was not convinced? Theres so many problems with Islam that i cant get my head around it.

-Sex Slaves
    -Masters having sex with their 'slaves' which can already be married
    -Too many sects and differences in belief
    -All miracles have no scientific proof or record-Quran is extremely ambiguous and can be interpreted incorrectly so much

I want to believe so much and not leave and upset Allah but theres just not enough to hold me closely to my deen. Or am i just in my doubt period? My Iman as a muslim sways too much

Edit: In case anyone is wondering, after reading every respond although i apologies i cannot reply to each, i have decided thanks to the help of many brothers and sisters to delve into my religion once again as ive now got more info and will search for the truth from within.

Salamaulikom, i am willing to to clarify the misconceptions that you have and the doubts that shaytan is whispering to you by the will of Allah. Please pm me so we can discuss this matter without the interference of trolls.

Peace.

ReputationRep:
    In your opinion who do you think wrote the Quran?
    No idea. Could be anybody.

Andif the Quran does mention land 13 times and water 32 times, you believe its a coincidence?
    Yes I do believe that. Why would this information have to be 'hidden'. If the writer really knew what they were talking about why would they not just write those percentages straight down. I've searched a bit about the numbers you have given and there seems to be some ambiguity. For example, land-animal is mentioned rather than just land. All much too far fetched I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    If your Koran-derived estimate of the proportion of land to water on Earth is 13:32 then your hypothesis is doomed and the Koran's possibility of being prophetic is exploded. The proportion of the Earth's mass that is water is a tiny fraction of the whole, maybe 1%.

There is no sense in comparing areas as the land goes down far, far deeper. But then a superstitious mediaeval warlord couldn't have known or predicted that, could he? And it is only gullible modern people who will try and claim scientific accuracy in what the Koran says on the matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dose of fury)
    Salamaulikom, i am willing to to clarify the misconceptions that you have and the doubts that shaytan is whispering to you by the will of Allah. Please pm me so we can discuss this matter without the interference of trolls.

Peace.
    No, there's no "shaytan", he's making his own mind up based on the presentation of facts in a public forum. Stop making things up to try and scare him. Nothing bad is going to happen to him if he leaves Islam, he won't go to hell.

Stop trying to scare the OP in private. If you've got valid beliefs, air them in the public thread rather than branding everyone who contests you (using evidence and facts rather than faith based scripture) as a racist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Peace.
    Trolls? Have you read the thread? It is a civilised discussion but perhaps you are too bigoted to engage in the exchange of views.

Peace to you too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoenixsilver)
    No, there's no "shaytan", he's making his own mind up based on the presentation of facts in a public forum. Stop making things up to try and scare him. Nothing bad is going to happen to him if he leaves Islam, he won't go to hell.

Stop trying to scare the OP in private. If you've got valid beliefs, air them in the public thread rather than branding everyone who contests you (using evidence and facts rather than faith based scripture) as a racist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You've stated some ridiculous claims without any sort of evidence to lean against. Your contentions hold no value and your comments suggests your thought process is irrational. Do you have knowledge of the unseen? Do you know the future? By using your logic, I say: stop trying to comfort him in public. If you've got valid beliefs air them in public rather than branding everyone who contests you (using evidence and facts rather than your own ego) as a bigot.

ReputationRep:
    You've stated some ridiculous claims without any sort of evidence to lean against.
    It is certainly ridiculous to claim Satan exists without evidence. What evidence do you have that Satan exists? Remember, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

In fact, if I were teetering on the edge of belief in what Islam teaches, I am quite sure that the contribution from Moslems in this thread would have pushed me into complete disbelief, so weak have they been.

ReputationRep:
    Trolls? Have you read the thread? It is a civilised discussion but perhaps you are too bigoted to engage in the exchange of views.

Peace to you too.
    Way to contradict yourself in the same sentence. you claim this is a civilised discussion but then call me a bigot without me showing any signs of bigotry. Unfortunately, your argument has fallen apart by your very hands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    It is certainly ridiculous to claim Satan exists without evidence. What evidence do you have that Satan exists? Remember, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
    Recognize he still claims to be a Muslim which means he still believes in satan. I am just using what he believes in order to articulate my response. Me "proving" if Satan exists is unnecessary.

ReputationRep:
    You've stated some ridiculous claims without any sort of evidence to lean against. Your contentions hold no value and your comments suggests your thought process is irrational. Do you have knowledge of the unseen? Do you know the future? By using your logic, I say: stop trying to comfort him in public. If you've got valid beliefs air them in public rather than branding everyone who contests you (using evidence and facts rather than your own ego) as a bigot.
    Sorry, I think you quoted the wrong person? It seems like you should be quoting the guy who wanted the OP to go into private messages? I was opposing this - OH WAIT, YOU ARE THAT PERSON.

You are the one trying to feed him lies in PMs. Not me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Way to contradict yourself in the same sentence. you claim this is a civilised discussion but then call me a bigot without me showing any signs of bigotry. Unfortunately, your argument has fallen apart from your very hands.
    It was a civilised discussion until you joined the thread wanting to talk to the OP in private and calling many of the contributors trolls. If that's not bigotry then tell me what is. You have exposed yourself.

And before you start slinging more of your 'compliments' about remember that yours is the so called religion of peace.

ReputationRep:
    It was a civilised discussion until you joined the thread wanting to talk to the OP in private. You have exposed yourself.
    My initial comment has only strengthened in validity by your ignorant comment(s).

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 12, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.